Rugby League news and discussion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Todd Carney Benji Marshall: True professionals

Post by King-Eliagh »

I really dont give two hoots what the media and anyone else for that matter thinks of these two champions after their recent bouts of drinking, driving and racist bashing. Their discretions are minimal and they are some of the most talented athletes this country has ever produced and I'm proud they are league players.

The bullshit we get dealt like 'they need to be rolemodels' etc etc etc is nothing more than delusional tripe. There's social problems in every sector of society and not many professions are put under the same spotlight as the leaguies. Politicians for example. Dont think half of those bickering tossers arent off drinking to excess, visiting strip clubs and drink driving etc, because they are. Especially when they're overseas away from the limelight.

Point is noones perfect, even professionals, and that's what the kiddies out there need to know.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Scorger Man »

True, I agree. Carney should of got a cab but it wasn't like he was still out on the drink, silly mistake but considering where he has come from and what he achieved last year, give him a break.

The media reported the Carney "had fallen off the wagon" earlier this year when he was spotted going to a service station early one morning getting something to eat. He didn't abuse anyone, didn't play up he didn't do anything bar getting a feed after a night out, sounded remarkably like any 20 something's final call after being out on the town on any given weekend....difference being was that any other 20 something could have played up and the public would have been none the wiser.

Benji should of got his phone out and recorded the taunts - if this angered the "victim" and made him attck Benji, Benji could have responded as an act of self defence.

On the other hand, the latest claims that Benji was swearing and making rude remarks about females on the plane from Brisbane to Sydney after the All Stars match should be looked at more seriously then splitting a blokes lip. I can only hope these claims are incorrect as I always thought of Benji as a respectful person - I can only hope... [-o<
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yep well said scorger. Although id never heard about benji on the plane. Hope its nothing also... But again the guy is pretty young... a few flick passes tmw night and a demolishing of those lapdogs and all will be forgiven fro m here :D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?