2011 - NRL Tipping Competition

Rugby League news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Was just looking at the tipping ladders. Gee Mark, you're doing well in both the NRL and AFL comps. Well done. =D>
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

Thanks Beaussie, I am pleased to be doing well in the NRL. I have been lucky a couple times. I thought for sure that I would lose the lead after the first two games last weekend but luckily grandpop was on the same wavelength as and tipped the same so managed to hold onto the 1 point lead. Not counting my chickens, there is still a way to go.

The AFL has me surprised, I don't know a great deal about it so mostly stick with the favourites with the occasional underdog thrown in. Naturally I am paying much more attention these days. I don't know if I will ever be able to sit down and watch a whole game though.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

What a weekend of footy so far. Dragons get up to win but it could have gone the other way up until the final play of the game. The Broncos lose to Penrith, a game you would expect them to win easily, Storm then lose to the raiders, (the team coming second loses to the team coming last). Then there is Souths beating Wests (the favorites to win the game) (I tipped Souths BTW and had a $50 on them at $3.25) another upset. The Cowboys where behind with about 10 to go but go on to win. What a weekend so far and it's only Saturday night. If anyone gets 8/8 can they give me next weeks Lotto numbers, please.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Yeah a very tough round and the upset i pick, eels to win, fails in the second half!

Nice winnings on souths Mark, a decent pick for the upset too. I reckon when they go good souths are a top four quality side. when they go bad they're bottom four material, very hard to pick but worth the upset tip almost every time.

The eels will pick up from here on in.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

How do you tip who will win between the Tigers and Panthers. If you went on last weeks form you'd back the Panthers, but the Tigers are at $1.36 to win. I'm going with the odds.

Have tipped the Roosters as well but I like the Knights for an upset.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Tipping seems to be getting harder each round. :x
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

You're not wrong. I didn't think the Raiders would beat the Bulldogs last night. Hands up anyone who tipped them AND isn't a Raiders supporter. I know they beat the Storm the previous week but I put that down to a freakish result.
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

I tipped the raiders to win and am a storm supporter :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I tipped the Raiders because I know the bulldogs are a dud team full of deadbeats and corruption. An easy tip for me.

I think the lapdogs are playing the titans this week. This will be a tough one to pick as each team is equally as shithouse. Both are in real contention for the wooden spoon this year. :o

xman wrote:
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

King-Eliagh - did you tip the Titans to beat the Bulldogs last night? Even more importantly, have you tipped the Eels? Should be a good match.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Last night was an easy pick, particularly the Bronos V Manly game. Some would feel the Broncos may be a bit hard done by having to back up two days after the State of Origin. Maybe a Sunday game would have been fairer.

I wish the tipping scores could be updated sooner. I don't know if Beau has to trigger the update or if it hapens from an external source but it would be good to see how we are going compared to others sooner.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Perfect round of results for me so far this round. :P

Sorry for the delay in updating the scores this round Mark. Point taken about it being good to see how we are going compared to others sooner. Will keep that in mind.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

tpsize wrote:
King-Eliagh - did you tip the Titans to beat the Bulldogs last night? Even more importantly, have you tipped the Eels? Should be a good match.
How could anyone tip the Eels? They are so crap. Looking at the leaderboard, KE did indeed tip them. :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I tipped the Eels. The match was extremely tight beaussie and could have gone each way until the final second.

I'm pretty sure I picked the bulldogs to beat the titans too. The lapdogs suck but the titans are definitely worse!

But let me say it again folks. Eels to finish above the Dogs come end of the season.

xman wrote:
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

I picked the eels, the knights had lost last 3 games, last weeks loss to the lowly Roosters, parra showed some form last week and in the end it was a 2 point ball game. That was my rational for picking them.