Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Video Refs

Post by Pickles »

Well they're going to be massively scrutinized again this week after another joke of a decision which cost the Bulldogs the game.

Despite being in QLD last week I didn't really pay much attention to the media but I did see it all over the news/papers.

What is the general opinion on this matter?
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

I am a St George supporter and agree that the decision by the video ref was wrong. I guess it stands out because it was near the end of the game and would have resulted in a try to the Doggies, but where do you draw the line? If there had been an incident that wasn't picked up in, say the 12 minute that may not directly resulted in a try but may have changed the ball pocession that may have led to a try would there have been the same uproar. This is a game played by humans and humans even with technology at their finger tips will make mistakes. You have to take the good with the bad. Next week it could be the Doggies on the receiving end of a favourable decision and the Dragons may have one go against them. It's like the bounce of the ball, some go your way some go against.
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Macarthur Saints »

The rule says (not word for word) that a defenders hands must not impede the attacking runner, he technically broke the rule. The rule in this particular instance was obsurd. Soward wasn't going to gain any further forward movement. He wasn't impeded by no means. I just sat there as if we lost, it wasn't a nice winning feeling at all.

But as they say, "there is one that went our way this time" so moving onwards i go..
Supporting Junior League
"Macarthur Saints JRLFC"
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... -19706-0-0
Dawso
Team:

Video Refs

Post by Dawso »

Get rid of them and let the referee decide,probably have the same mistake rate.
geppo
Team:

Post by geppo »

The video ref should only get 3 looks maximum