Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Why would you go to the footy??

Post by Scorger Man »

Unlike Brisbane or Melbourne where it is much cheaper to live, Sydney siders don't go to the Rugby League because the funds just aren't there.

There has been all this talk this week about why the NRL isn't pulling in the crowds which has come to the Kangaroos doing a call to arms in todays lollipop read, the daily telegraph - well maybe the average joe with his 2.5 kids can't afford it. The AFL atleast ( I haven't done my research on this but I know this is the case with the swans though) has a policy of free entry for members for home games which would be the first thing I would do if I were a NRL club president because it's reflectful of the issue let alone shameful when a team plays at ANZ and all you can see in the background is empty seats.

I don't go to the matches live unless one of my mates can get me free tickets because I'm not forking out 50 bucks to get me and my daughter in let alone forking out a kings ransom for a feed and a drink. If I was getting in for free being a member, that 50 dollars would go a long way.

I was stoked to hear that Suncorp got the World Cup final, QLDers can afford to go to the footy, bless their little cotton socks, Sydneysiders need to take out a loan if their keen and be in debt until Xmas
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Memberships are available through NRL clubs too. Doesn't seem to popular though. Food prices at the footy are definately something that needs to be looked at. The prices are ridiculous at all footy games. :evil:
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

yeah when i goto the footy weather it be an AFL or an NRL(on a rare occasion) i dont even look twice at the food!!! i cant believe the prices they can get away with for just your meat pie or a $4 bottle of coke that must be laced with gold at that prices! i also think its a great idea in the AFL that if you become a member you get entry into every home game for free because not only does it get people in the gate but the members also get value from every free entry you get thats basically paying back your membership!!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I think some footy clubs should have free food such as sausage sizzles for their members at the home games!
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Macarthur Saints »

It's all about the cost..

Interest rate rises.
Fuel rises.

Spending $100 going to the footy and loosing 1/2 your day in your 1 day off work.

Or

Sitting at home and maybe paying $30 for a family KFC meal.. and spending home time with your family.

Which option is the best..

That's my personal reason why i don't go much..
Supporting Junior League
"Macarthur Saints JRLFC"
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... -19706-0-0
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

How can it be cost about going to the NRL games, when the NRL gives out free tickets and they still cant fill the stadium? Never mind though...when the AFL owns ANZ Stadium and renamed AFL Stadium there will be no NRL ferals for miles as they will be banned. =D>
Brizdaz
Team:

Post by Brizdaz »

I live in Brisbane and always go to see my team play up here.Which happens to be once a year because I'm a Sharkies fan. :lol:
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

suncorp and skilled are good stadiums, however we always take our own food
Bulldogs: new breed , new title!!!!