Seniors
Team:
Been liked: 0

Centenary Test Squad and City Country Team

Post by yeenar69 »

Centenary Test Squad and City/Country teams
April 27th, 2008 by Shaun · No Comments
The Centenary test squad has been announced. It is:

Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Mark Gasnier, Justin Hodges, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Brent Kite, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Ryan Hoffman, Paul Gallen, Greg Bird. Interchange: Carl Webb, Anthony Tupou, Willie Mason, Kurt Gidley

A notable omission is Nathan Hindmarsh. But his form (and the Eels of course) has not been the best. A problem for the Kangaroos over the years has been a habit of rewarding long term incumbency rather than form. There are quite a few form second rowers running around and Hoffman and Gallen have been playing well. Selfishly, I’d rather Hindmarsh not worry about rep footy and concentrate on finding form and pushing the Eels up the ladder.

Slater deserves the fullback spot. It is not that the incumbent Stewart was out of form. It is just Slater has been playing blinders almost every game.

Carl Webb is a bolter on the bench but he will serve his country well.

Next Friday is City v Country at WIN Stadium (It would be nice to actually play the game west of the ranges. You know, where the country is) and throws up some intriguing battles for NSW origin half back spot. Orford is on the outer with selectors as Mitchell Pearce will line up for City as half back with his opposition being Brett Finch. Gidley is in the mix but my money is on him being a utility back for the Blues.

Hindmarsh finally gets to play for country but I doubt he will play for the Blues this year as Hoffman and Gallen will likely be the second row.

The game will be interesting for a few bolters. The Raiders’ Todd Carney gets a good chance to show he is a very capable player while the Eels Feleti Mateo could be a roughy for an Origin bench spot.

It will be an interesting game.

City: Brett Hodgson, Jarryd Hayne, Ben Pomeroy, Brett Delaney, Luke Rooney, Braith Anasta, Mitchell Pearce, Jason King, Corey Hughes, Mark O’Meley, Luke Lewis, Mark Minichiello, John Sutton.

Interchange: Bryce Gibbs, Ray Cashmere, Feleti Mateo, Peter Wallace.

Country: Brett Stewart, Joel Monaghan, Jamie Lyon, Matt Cooper, Anthony Quinn, Todd Carney, Brett Finch, Brett White, Danny Buderus (capt), Anthony Laffranchi, Nathan Hindmarsh, Andrew Ryan, Craig Fitzgibbon.

Interchange: Ben Cross, Chris Heighington, Brett Kearney, Glenn Stewart.
liz1234
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by liz1234 »

these games make it hard when your trying to select your dreamteams i just wish they would play reds vs blue and the normal rounds