a bad st george year again

Rugby League news and discussion.
wildhogs
Team:
Been liked: 0

a bad st george year again

Post by wildhogs »

here we go again, why do us fans have to go through that again, dropped, fumble, woops, pass went to the wrong bloke, wrong desicion in defence, bad defence of the line, getting outjumped on our tryline out wide, i cant see us changing, nathan brown no offence you may be a good coach but we a new direction, we need to have a bulldogs style kick out doust, i wont be going to any games if we continue to play like that.

wildhogs
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Macarthur Saints »

Once again they got disheartened and mentally couldn't pull there head out from 2 wrong decisions early in the game. What a shocking ref effort last night, 2 wrong calls that ended up with 2 tries against us plus plenty of other calls that were wrong against both teams.

If you watch the game again you'll notice that once again the last 30 minutes followed like this.
Ball:
1:winger (no passing)
2:winger " "
3.fullback " "
4.forward or 2nd rower (no passing)
5.soward or chase, kicking from around the 50 to 60 metre mark.

Watch the game guys, this occured almost every set, tackle 4 may have gone to hornby or cooper periodically with 1 offload. Gaz was starved and there wasn't 1 set that went through 2 or more hands for over 30 minutes of the game.

This says our positions 8 to 13 players are tired and are not up to NRL standards. Last year was our re-build i hope this year is where we show the finished product. We always start slow, hopefully it will settle down come round 2 or 3.

NB: Saffy needs to be in the run on side and lets bring Ellis in for Woolford
Supporting Junior League
"Macarthur Saints JRLFC"
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... -19706-0-0
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

As Saints fans, would you both agree that Brown has every right to be disgusted as reported today? Perhaps he is part of the problem at the Dragons.
wildhogs
Team:

Post by wildhogs »

i agree with both, browny is the problem, the moment he slaped trent barret he lost respect, he wont get it back, look at the players who moved on, they seem to be playing just like the good old days, they dont want to pley for browny even if they wanted deep down they dont respect him, whatch out for ashton sims as well what a loss he is and will be, i hear Mick potter wants in, i hope they do take him, he was one of the most respected players to ever play the game, he will get the best of the players.
forget woolford, he came to us to retire, rangi chase shoul be at 5/8 and leave him there to develope, hornby please stay at fullback you wont be a playmaker no matter how hard you try, if our props dont stand up get someone who will, you just dont get rid bull baily and think you will be ok, the broncos never got rid of webke
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Saints are natorious first round losers last year was an exception when the beat the Gold Coast. Lets hope they can repeat that performance in round 2 this year and get the season onto the right track.
wildhogs
Team:

Post by wildhogs »

lets hope so, i cant take anymore and to hear they are going broke, they two legue clubs and massive area to operate from, we realy need a business person running our club
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

You cannot blame brownie for silly mistakes on the field but you can question training drills and teaching tactics for not reducing errors. One of the points about brownie that i have been commenting about for years and i am very passionate about this trait,you can question his ability to mentally prepare the team.
We would have to be the less mentally developed side, it has been that way since the 1999 era. We need a coach who can mentally prepare a team, so they snap back into the right mindset instantly. Our guys have a few wrong decisions go against and they never get over it throughout the whole game..

Look at Parra and storm, they have a few down minutes and all of a sudden they snap into gear and strike a form mentally.

It's been a while since this has been the case with us.
Supporting Junior League
"Macarthur Saints JRLFC"
wildhogs
Team:

Post by wildhogs »

yeah i agree, i would like to see one of these coaches at saints, henjack, snoopy, potter.
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

I want Anderson. I'd be happy with potter..
Supporting Junior League
"Macarthur Saints JRLFC"
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

I am a Panthers fan, so I think I am in for an even longer year!
Eagles for Premiers!!
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

One weeks a long time in football this time of year. Last week we where all lamenting the Dragons loss. One win and we are well and truly in the top half of the comp. Canberra this week so a certain 2 points there i think and we could be leading the thing if a coupe othe games go our way.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers

Post by Scorger Man »

According to the Sunday Roast today, Mark Gasnier only touched the ball 12 times (7 of those were from dummy half) throughout the match against the Raiders. What's he doing, having a holiday?? Call for the ball, go and find the ball, do something to get involved! He's the captain, I can only assume that Brown has him in his game plan. From a supporters point of view, I be wanting to see some action for the 400+ grand he'd be on.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Seems strange when you have one of the better players in the comp handling the ball so little. Didn't see the game so don't know if they are not giving him the ball or if the raiders mangaed to keep the ball away from him. Either way he should get more involved himself. Lets see what happens next week.
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

The dragons are playing 2 different types of games.

1. The type that wins games. Soward,Chase and Hornby pass it or kick it and at other times bring the ball across the line time and time again.

2.Crach and bash style. run up through 1 set of hands and get the odd try by a moment of flair from soward or Chase.. This type of footy is why Gaz is starved...
Supporting Junior League
"Macarthur Saints JRLFC"
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Lets hope things change this week against the Sharks. I wonder how the plaers will react with the news that Brown will be going. Will they lift or will the reaction be one of "Oh well they don't expect us to go well with the present coach so why try".

I like Brown but the feeling has always been there that he was one of the boys and the team lacked a bit of discipline because of that. Lets hope that Bennett will be able to correct it. Wouldn't be supprised to see a number of good players being attracted to the club due to having him as a coach.