English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Post by King-Eliagh »

Apart from the AFL of course.

This is my opinion and I'm certain its true. Id love to see the AR clan try and prove its not :wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles
Been liked: 0

Re: English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Post by NSWAFL »

Greater in what way?
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Okay I'm not waiting. I'm calling BS.

According to Wikipedia there are 16 comps in British Rugby League;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_ru ... gue_system
(Scroll to the bottom)

There are 14 leagues in New South Wales alone! Want me to throw in Victoria?

SLAUGHTERED!!
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

He said its his opinion, which qualifies it as opinion and not suitable for the BS file.

Interesting how some people are now being VERY careful with their terminology. I like it. Accountability.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

My apologies, I meant "apart from all Australian comps" rather than "apart from the AFL". Its my 2cents worth in the international debate which appears to be taking over the boards of late.

Please continue.

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Apart from the AFL of course.

This is my opinion and I'm certain its true. Id love to see the AR clan try and prove its not :wink:

No question it is E
one foreign RL comp , with 117 years of history .. 1 fully pro & 3 semi pro leagues & countless amatuer leagues monstering all the

lil fatty ex pat leagues that cuzzy has named ( seriously how pathetic is that ) .... played in parks with jungle jims in the way .. people walking through the middle of games
( they're public parks afterall) people letting their dogs pinch one off in the middle of the pitch .. garbage bins for goals ...
& the local frisbee club telling them to piss off or they'll be trouble ... & thats the female frisbee club

8-[ :lol: :lol: :lol:

the number of Rugby League players in the UK is 250,000
& growing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_in_England

despite cuzzy putting up reports with terms like

we estimate
we hope
we project

the reality is number of players of AR outside of Australia would be no more then 25,000 in my opinion

the City of Wigan .. would have more RL players then all of the countries that play AR overeseas combined
:wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Frisbee club telling the expat afl boys where to go :lol: I wouldnt be too surprised if this has occurred before.

Thanks for those supporting facts there Raider. I knew it was a fairly easy statement to make but didnt know those figures. Outstanding stuff and goes on to support my statement Earth = RL Heartland ... and dont the AFL clan get all huffy and puffy about that :lol: Hilarious stuff but you gotta sympathise, atleast they have their lil makeshift tubby expat organised comps out there playing in the corners of unkempt public parks. Something for cos and co to point at and pretend they're going great guns :lol:

Perhaps a tip for any senior AFL people for the future would be a name change so the sport is seen as more accessible to o/s countries? I mean calling it Australian Rules is pretty dumb from a marketing point of view - and several other points of view in fact. I mean do these senior afl clowns really think its gunna work the way it is? Imagine some fat doofus like andrew dementedho or whatever his name is would come over to australia marketing a sport called Kazhakstan soccer? And it was completely different to the soccer we know, but instead looking like chimps chasing a banana? :lol: Aussies would generally look and laugh, just as millions prob do o/s to Aussie rules, and will continue to do until the sport can stand on its own feet as a legitimate internationally recognise sport. This wont happen with the name "Australian Rules Football". Raider you got any suggestions for a name change? :)

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Frisbee club telling the expat afl boys where to go :lol: I wouldnt be too surprised if this has occurred before.

Thanks for those supporting facts there Raider. I knew it was a fairly easy statement to make but didnt know those figures. Outstanding stuff and goes on to support my statement Earth = RL Heartland ... and dont the AFL clan get all huffy and puffy about that :lol: Hilarious stuff but you gotta sympathise, atleast they have their lil makeshift tubby expat organised comps out there playing in the corners of unkempt public parks. Something for cos and co to point at and pretend they're going great guns :lol:

Perhaps a tip for any senior AFL people for the future would be a name change so the sport is seen as more accessible to o/s countries? I mean calling it Australian Rules is pretty dumb from a marketing point of view - and several other points of view in fact. I mean do these senior afl clowns really think its gunna work the way it is? Imagine some fat doofus like andrew dementedho or whatever his name is would come over to australia marketing a sport called Kazhakstan soccer? And it was completely different to the soccer we know, but instead looking like chimps chasing a banana? :lol: Aussies would generally look and laugh, just as millions prob do o/s to Aussie rules, and will continue to do until the sport can stand on its own feet as a legitimate internationally recognise sport. This wont happen with the name "Australian Rules Football". Raider you got any suggestions for a name change? :)

exellent points E

yes ... why would people be interested in a sport with the Word " Australian " at the front of it

as for a name change
well theres th obvious choices .. they are apt & accurate & describe what new comers would see when watching AR

singletball
tank topball
fumbleball

littlesistersshorts ball

but we need something a bit catchier
leave it with me
I'll have a look at some AR on TV ... & whilst giggling at what I'm seeing ... like a stoned 16 year old ... I may come up with something that suits :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Yes fairly good names there Raider, I'm sure the international crowd would see the reasoning and meaning of these names far above "Australian Rules Football". I mean football is universally soccer right? I know league is sometimes called football but the official name is rugby league right?

"Australian Rules Football" - firstly its very divisive and nationalistic and secondly the rest of the world be confused and would certainly never wish to call it football! :lol: No wonder its only played by expats o/s. #-o

Change the name I say! So far Raiders come up with some fairly decent names, including mylilsistersshortsball, which, if nothing else but for its oddity will definitely spark interest in the o/s market and then once viewing the sport a collective "ah i see why they call it that" will reverberate around the country. Surely this is better than the confusing current name of the sport? What do our AFL clan think about the name and potential new names? If we come up with a good one I'm happy to send it on to AFL Headquarters in the hope that senior people pick it up and finally give this sport a chance o/s. :D

xman wrote:
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

Xman wrote:
He said its his opinion, which qualifies it as opinion and not suitable for the BS file.

Interesting how some people are now being VERY careful with their terminology. I like it. Accountability.
I wasn't claiming it for the BS file, Xman, for the very reason you stated. I was simply calling it a BS opinion.

Now that King has bailed to the other option, this will require some investigation. But I do know this. There are more competitions playing AFL across the world outside Australia than 16. 18 countries for a start played in the International Cup (and not an ex pat in sight), and what about the ones that didn't make it? There were 29 countries linked on the World Footy News website, and when it comes to comps there were more than one in some countries also linked.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Perhaps a tip for any senior AFL people for the future would be a name change so the sport is seen as more accessible to o/s countries? I mean calling it Australian Rules is pretty dumb from a marketing point of view - and several other points of view in fact. I mean do these senior afl clowns really think its gunna work the way it is? Imagine some fat doofus like andrew dementedho or whatever his name is would come over to australia marketing a sport called Kazhakstan soccer? And it was completely different to the soccer we know, but instead looking like chimps chasing a banana? :lol: Aussies would generally look and laugh, just as millions prob do o/s to Aussie rules, and will continue to do until the sport can stand on its own feet as a legitimate internationally recognise sport. This wont happen with the name "Australian Rules Football".
Yet as has been proven by cos, Australian Rules football is more popular than Rugby League in many countries around the world. Go figure eh?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Where?

The RFL alone is bigger than all the AFL comps outside Australia combined times 50.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

The afl games outside Australia would be lucky to get crowds of 1000 for the whole year combined.

Even if you believe the false stats about Afl being played outside here and there were lol 60,000 players, the RFL has 250,000.

The TV ratings for AFL in the UK are that small they don't even show up on Barb.co.uk.

The ESL on Skysports is second in viewing to Soccer only and the Challenge Cup can and does get higher ratings on the BBC than the AFL GF in AUS.

It's no contest.
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach

Post by NSWAFL »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
The RFL alone is bigger than all the AFL comps outside Australia combined times 50.
BS file, Xman!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yes, put it there xwoman, you need to learn a little Vogue.