English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yes, in your opinion of course.

Derp derpity derp derp.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Show us the money then, dummy!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by 214Four »

TLPG wrote:
Seperate country with it's own budget doesn't count.
every nrl team work under the same administration and no matter if there is one team that happens to be from nz in the nrl, they need to be taken into consideration in discussing traveling. the warriors just like every other u20s side travel as much as the nrl,

Note: distances are 'flight distances' from www.travelmath.com
AFL

Melbourne
to perth = 2720km
to brisbane = 1370km
to gold coast = 1326km
to Sydney = 713km
to adelaide = 655km
to geelong = 66km

NRL

Sydney
to Auckland = 2160km
to Townsville = 1697km
to brisbane = 730km
to melbourne = 713km
to gold coast = 686km
to canberra = 240km
to newcastle = 118km
to wollongong = 82km

when looking at those figures they are both spread out about the same, although to keep this post as factual as possible, I should add...
*the AFL does have two teams at its 3 furthest locations from melbourne so there is a greater chance that every AFL team will need to travel to each per season and need to fly further locations than the NRL teams, which would cost more.
*NSW NRL teams play throughout the sydney metro unlike melbournes AFL teams and there are more teams in its regional area, all these games require coach travel so these is much higher travel costs for all nrl games in sydney/nsw than melbourne/victoria and the AFL.
Coach travel is usually more than airline....
So looking at these figures its just plain bulls**t to think...
the AFL does not have a national youth comp like the NRL is cos the AFL is more spread out than the NRL and it would cost too much etc etc. the cost would be about the same as what the nrl pays and both comps are about equal in terms of distance/spread.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Multiple the Perth travel by two because there are two teams, and that kills your argument.

Anyway, I told you that it wasn't the only reason. The other reason we don't have one is because it would compromise the draft.

The TAC Cup, the SANFL and WAFL competitions do a great job. Why fix what isn't broken?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by 214Four »

TLPG wrote:
Multiple the Perth travel by two because there are two teams, and that kills your argument.

Anyway, I told you that it wasn't the only reason. The other reason we don't have one is because it would compromise the draft.

The TAC Cup, the SANFL and WAFL competitions do a great job. Why fix what isn't broken?
I did write in my initial post...
"the AFL does have two teams at its 3 furthest locations from melbourne so there is a greater chance that every AFL team will need to travel to each per season and need to fly further locations than the NRL teams, which would cost more."
Even though there is two Western Australian teams the most likely scenario would be only 1 trip to WA for each AFL team as i mentioned above. I also wrote how travel costs for every Sydney based NRL game would be higher for an NRL team than every Melbourne game for an AFL team due to the extra inter-metro and outer metro travel needs, and i also wrote how Air travel is relatively a cheaper option than coaches/buses.

"compromise the draft", the draft is already compromised! it needs either a total re-doing or abolishing because it is open for rorting and cheating in its current format.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"