Tasmania

Australian Football news and discussion.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Tasmania

Post by TLPG »

Gone wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:31 pm
TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:30 pm

It's not ridiculous when the list management is so incredibly bad that is affects the club in all respects short term and long term. And I very much doubt there is such a restriction in the AFL Constitution. The terms of losing a license would be flexible by default. The term "unviable" is not limited to immediate financial considerations. It has to go wider than that in all respects of the running of the club in the present day. That includes list management.
No club has gone for list management and clubs like carlton were damn near broke and shit with shit lists for years. No club will support the AFL in trying this on - and the AFL must have the support of the clubs to do this.

Its not going to happen, there is no precedent for it happening. This is a pipedream of yours and presumably Caroline Wilsons.
There's a first time for everything, and no, it's not Wilson's dream AFAIK. It's not mine either because honestly I don't want it to happen. What I really want (and it won't happen) is Tassie in, Canberra in, and third teams from Adelaide and Perth to make it 22. Two divisions of 11 teams each with promotion and relegation, two byes each, a lower salary cap for the lower division - and everyone playing each other once in the division.

But I know it won't.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 pm
Gone wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:31 pm
TLPG wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:30 pm

It's not ridiculous when the list management is so incredibly bad that is affects the club in all respects short term and long term. And I very much doubt there is such a restriction in the AFL Constitution. The terms of losing a license would be flexible by default. The term "unviable" is not limited to immediate financial considerations. It has to go wider than that in all respects of the running of the club in the present day. That includes list management.
No club has gone for list management and clubs like carlton were damn near broke and shit with shit lists for years. No club will support the AFL in trying this on - and the AFL must have the support of the clubs to do this.

Its not going to happen, there is no precedent for it happening. This is a pipedream of yours and presumably Caroline Wilsons.
There's a first time for everything, and no, it's not Wilson's dream AFAIK. It's not mine either because honestly I don't want it to happen. What I really want (and it won't happen) is Tassie in, Canberra in, and third teams from Adelaide and Perth to make it 22. Two divisions of 11 teams each with promotion and relegation, two byes each, a lower salary cap for the lower division - and everyone playing each other once in the division.

But I know it won't.
22 teams yes….2 divisions…why?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Because it will help clubs in trouble to get out of it more easily and rebuild.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

relegation just cannot happen in Australian sports, once they leave the big league
too much is lost,

other leagues around the world (soccer) are propped up by billionaires
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Leeroy, I think you need to take a look at the history of the Victoria Football Association. Didn't do them any harm all. If only the VFL had just stayed away from Sunday footy.......
Last edited by TLPG on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

Other than the fact they ended up being taken over by the VFL...who then renamed it to the VFL. They havent had relegation in years.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:01 pm
Leeroy, I think you need to take a look at the history of the Victoria Football Association. Didn't do them any harm all. If only the VFL had just stayed away from Sunday footy.......
i just do not see it working.. it only works in soccer really around the world.. and still they never really do anything
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Works brilliantly at the grass roots level in Aussie Rules. Several competitions in Melbourne, one in Adelaide and one in Perth.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Brisbane reportedly also made clear on Monday that it supported the bid along with clubs including Richmond, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs. However, a host of club presidents remain fiercely opposed.

CEO Gillon McLachlan is keen to green light the licence despite the lack of government funding for a stadium deal.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Yep - I expected that. They don't want the 19th club. If Tassie want a team it's relocation. They have no choice.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:25 pm
Yep - I expected that. They don't want the 19th club. If Tassie want a team it's relocation. They have no choice.
apparently SA AND WA clubs are good for it..

Carlton looks to say yes and approves.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Still leaves too many saying no.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:31 pm
Still leaves too many saying no.
i recan a money sweetener could change all that :lol:

the same happened with the Dolphins in the NRL>> NRL gave a guarantee of extra coin to pass the team.
which was covered via tv rights expansion
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I think you'll find there was more demonstrable market money for the second team in Brisbane for RL than Tasmania for Aussie Rules. A second NRL team in Brisbane is the same as a second AFL team in Adelaide and Perth. A no brainer. It's a much harder sell down in Tasmania - and the main issue is the lack of publicity down there for the state league. It's a joke.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

TLPG wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:39 pm
I think you'll find there was more demonstrable market money for the second team in Brisbane for RL than Tasmania for Aussie Rules. A second NRL team in Brisbane is the same as a second AFL team in Adelaide and Perth. A no brainer. It's a much harder sell down in Tasmania - and the main issue is the lack of publicity down there for the state league. It's a joke.
yeah was a no brainer for years, NRL and clubs just take a long time to get things done sometimes..

regards to Tasmania

wouldn't ya think a Team in the top league would improve the state league.

the AFL say GWS is a 50 year project lol

they could clean up tassy in 10 years i recan