AFL Women’s

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

AFL Women’s

Post by Beaussie »

Some real positive news for the women of the AFL. So good to see the nationwide appeal with many new fans embracing the game. :thumbleft:

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: AFLW

Post by Terry »

Good stuff beatup!!!! Now if you can only convince all the hardcore fumble fans who lampoon, deride and laugh at the poor 'ol ladies game. Personally I feel sorry for girls. They try hard. They mean well. But there is no way you can make this mess look attractive. It's an ugly game. Even at the supposed top end. The poor girls are on a hiding to nothing!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: 2020 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFLW etc

Post by Fred »

Suns played some good footy at times. A switch at half back to a loose player who took it down the wing and bringing back to corridor on the forward line for a mark and goal was as good as anything you’ll see. And the kicking skills... passing and hitting a target I felt was right up there too for a lot of the time. Areas of skill development. Marking .... far too many dropped marks that should have been taken. General ball handling ... need more one grad/touch possession of the ball. This, I feel, reflects not growing up playing with the ball. Seemed to take forever for a lot of players to just pick the thing up or take proper possession. The other thing I noticed... and it was a difference between the better players and those still developing ... and will come with time, was being calm and calculated with disposal. Many players just through it on the boot in a rush when there were times they could have taken half a second and assessed the situation. Of course knowing when you have that half and second and do not is the key .... need that peripheral awareness of possibly being ts lied from any direction. If caught of course it’s likely a free. The other think I noticed was more awareness of playing “out the back”. You could see this set up so obviously practice at training but often the lady with the ball would not use this player and just try and move the ball forward... rather than the lose player.
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: AFLW

Post by Beaussie »

Good news :thumbleft: