AFL - The ugly game.

Australian Football news and discussion.
Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Eagles
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL - The ugly game.

Post by Buzz »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 pm
Buzz wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:58 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:48 pm
Lol

Defend defend defend .
Says the bloke whose whole game depends on recruiting drug dealers :wave:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-01/m ... es/9716316

Former AFL champion and premiership-winning coach Mark 'Bomber' Thompson has faced a Melbourne court charged with drug trafficking and possession.

The 54-year-old was arrested and charged almost five months after police executed a warrant at his Port Melbourne home.
Wow!
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

In what has become a daily occurrence another AFL 'great' lolol has come out to bemoan the UGLY GAME!!! Come on Gilty……….no more chasing young female staff around HQ......get yaself onto saving the game!!!!!!!!

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 07d2823027
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 am
In what has become a daily occurrence another AFL 'great' lolol has come out to bemoan the UGLY GAME!!! Come on Gilty……….no more chasing young female staff around HQ......get yaself onto saving the game!!!!!!!!

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 07d2823027
pay walled, cant read it
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

No need to read it pal. Same old same old. Game is ugly. Congestion killing the contest. Something's gotta be done. TV ratings plummeting etc etc etc
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Poor old lol
He doesn't get much news in the jungle .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:25 am
No need to read it pal. Same old same old. Game is ugly. Congestion killing the contest. Something's gotta be done. TV ratings plummeting etc etc etc
fair enough. The more calls for change the better from my perspective. However, the game is still in a very strong position and getting record crowds on a regular basis. Once there are some rule changes to free up congestion the ratings will return
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie
Team: hawthorn+ south sydney
Been liked: 0

Post by vandyk »

At least a couple of games this weekend were reminders of how free flowing the game once was
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

3 high scoring games too>>

and all involved 6 Melbourne teams
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Some great games of AFL last weekend, and I think it has made many people realise how defensive the game has become. If rules can turn this around there will be a big resurgence
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

What an ugly embarrassing mess last nights 'game' must have been. The aptly named Cats won by kicking 8 goals & an incredible 23..........yes 23 behinds.......that's the point you get for missing!!!!!!!!!

I mean......how hopeless are these blokes??????? They spend their whole lives kicking a ball.....morning noon and night.....they kick kick kick!!!!! Then when they arrive at the top of their sport......the elite level......the highest they can go.......they can't kick the bloody thing straight lololololololol!!!!!

This game is an embarrassment to our country!!!! Someone must start a petition for this hopeless mess to take out the name of our great country from their 'game'.

No wonder the game is broken if this is the standard of 'athlete' they have. Hopeless, useless good for nothing plodders!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Two giant sticks ..with no bar to get over or under .
The ball can bounce as many times as possible & if it still luckily goes through they get a century .

Other sports are much much harder get it under or over the crossbar.

Lol
What an abortion & the fumblers call these uncos ELITE ATHLETES .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

And what about last week - Cameron Smith kicks a field goal from 35m+ to win a game. A skill that is hardly ever used or practised in RL. And he had opposition players running at him to block the kick.

Then cut to the poor hopeless unco Geelong player: has a set shot on slight angle from 30m out at most to win the game. No opposition near him, just standing still waving at him like 5 year olds in the schoolyard lololololololol. And he completely shanks it lololololololol. Didn't even get close!!!!!! A skill he practises multiple thousands of times day in day out!!!!!!

These blokes are dead set pathetic!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 am
What an ugly embarrassing mess last nights 'game' must have been. The aptly named Cats won by kicking 8 goals & an incredible 23..........yes 23 behinds.......that's the point you get for missing!!!!!!!!!

I mean......how hopeless are these blokes??????? They spend their whole lives kicking a ball.....morning noon and night.....they kick kick kick!!!!! Then when they arrive at the top of their sport......the elite level......the highest they can go.......they can't kick the bloody thing straight lololololololol!!!!!

This game is an embarrassment to our country!!!! Someone must start a petition for this hopeless mess to take out the name of our great country from their 'game'.

No wonder the game is broken if this is the standard of 'athlete' they have. Hopeless, useless good for nothing plodders!!!!!
:roll:
1. not every point is due to an inaccurate kick at goal. Many are forced through by the opposition defence to ensure a goal cannot be score

2. unlike the nrl, afl teams do not limit kicking at goal to a designated kicker. EVERY player in the team will be required to kick at goal at some stage in their career. The Geelong player who missed the shot last week spent the vast majority of his career in the backline, so accuracy at goal was not his greatest asset.

3. I have seen NRL games where unco miss after unco miss occurred in an attempt to score a golden point. Now THAT is an embarrassment :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:34 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 am

:roll:
1. not every point is due to an inaccurate kick at goal. Many are forced through by the opposition defence to ensure a goal cannot be score

2. unlike the nrl, afl teams do not limit kicking at goal to a designated kicker. EVERY player in the team will be required to kick at goal at some stage in their career. The Geelong player who missed the shot last week spent the vast majority of his career in the backline, so accuracy at goal was not his greatest asset.

3. I have seen NRL games where unco miss after unco miss occurred in an attempt to score a golden point. Now THAT is an embarrassment :lol:
4. There is no comparison between a RL player attempting a field goal and a fumbler having a set shot at goal.

The RL player is getting pressure from multiple chasers & drop kicking the ball - a skill he might use 2 or 3 times a year.

The poor 'ol fumbler has no pressure applied except the pressure of expectation lolololololo. And its a skill he practices and uses thousands of times a year.

Modern day fumblers are just plain hopeless.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

More kicks at goal in the AFL are during normal play so they arent set shots. They are under direct pressure and can be from anywhere within 60m.