AFL - The ugly game.

Australian Football news and discussion.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AFL - The ugly game.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol what do you expect Terry .
In a game where fumbling is not penalised.
Not kicking straight is rewarded with a point .
& the greatest skill seems to be long distance running.
An unco mess .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Wow!!! Just saw the front page of today's Herald Sun. The headline says "Save our Sport". alongside another picture of a fumbled ball!!!!! This is full blown crisis time!!!!! Unfortunately Peter The Great is a tad busy at the moment and I can't really think who else could fix this rolling disaster!!

One thing for sure is that prancing poodle Gilty ain't the man for the job!!!!! Sad times lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://metros.smedia.com.au/heraldsun/ ... tion=NCHRS
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:47 am
The ugly game seems to be getting uglier. Every man and their dog in AFL land are whinging and whining about it. Rodney Eade. Kevin Bartlett. Mathew Lloyd. Gary Lyon. They all agree the game is a mess.

Strangely I've been saying this for decades. The game has descended into a congested, ground level, grovelling disaster. No recent rule change has worked. And they've tried plenty. The problem seems to be the game itself. It's just fundamentally hopeless in its skill level, structure and inept execution.

Sad days for a once great game!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 441e4274bd
the complaints arent about the game, far from it. The issue is the defensive tactics used by coaches to negate scoring. Numerous sports have met challenges requiring rule changes to balance attack and defense. This is the AFL time. As for decades, complete BS. It's really only in the last 10-15 years that these tactics have emerged. There was no outcry from fans about the spectacle prior to that
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am
An unco mess .
What do we expect? Stupid ignorant comments from the likes of you. It has NOTHING to do with kicking points or fumbling the ball. If that was the cause there would have been an outcry decades ago. Idiot
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:10 pm
An unco mess .
What do we expect? Stupid ignorant comments from the likes of you. It has NOTHING to do with kicking points or fumbling the ball. If that was the cause there would have been an outcry decades ago. Idiot
There was an outcry decades ago pal lololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your fave game has been laughed at for atrocious its kicking, continual fumbling and base level athletic skills since it's existence lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee pal..................your moment of coherent thought didn't last long!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:02 pm
An unco mess .
There was an outcry decades ago pal lololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your fave game has been laughed at for atrocious its kicking, continual fumbling and base level athletic skills since it's existence lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee pal..................your moment of coherent thought didn't last long!!!!!!!!
because you're completely wrong. There are some games where both coaches play attacking open football, and the players then have the space and time to execute their skills more effectively. The result is a higher scoring, more appealing spectacle. The issue is coaches have discovered when they flood huge numbers around the ball the opposition have so little time and space to execute their skills correctly they turn the ball over. When both coaches use the same tactics the contest is just full of errors. The congestion with lack of space and time are the problem, not the skills themselves.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 pm

because you're completely wrong. There are some games where both coaches play attacking open football, and the players then have the space and time to execute their skills more effectively. The result is a higher scoring, more appealing spectacle. The issue is coaches have discovered when they flood huge numbers around the ball the opposition have so little time and space to execute their skills correctly they turn the ball over. When both coaches use the same tactics the contest is just full of errors. The congestion with lack of space and time are the problem, not the skills themselves.
Yeah..............great pal. I've hardly watched any of the mess since it came back. I am merely stating what almost every AFL journo, ex-player and supporters are saying about the game as it's played now!!!!!

There are clearly problems. Every year the same problems come up but this year it has gone ballistic. It was front page of the Herald Sun FFS "Save our Sport".

Ignore it and give BS excuses if ya like. I don't particularly care. Although I do find it hilarious AFL folk shit canning 'Australia's game' lolololololololol. Victoria's mess I'd call it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

An unco mess .
DE Nile is a river in Egypt ..

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Yeah..............great pal. I've hardly watched any of the mess since it came back. I am merely stating what almost every AFL journo, ex-player and supporters are saying about the game as it's played now!!!!!

There are clearly problems. Every year the same problems come up but this year it has gone ballistic. It was front page of the Herald Sun FFS "Save our Sport".

Ignore it and give BS excuses if ya like. I don't particularly care. Although I do find it hilarious AFL folk shit canning 'Australia's game' lolololololololol. Victoria's mess I'd call it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The experts are saying what i am
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 am

These 'experts' must be from Victoria. :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:10 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 am

These 'experts' must be from Victoria. :(/
Hahahahahahahah!!!! And they're not actually saying what the dill is!!!!!! He just makes shit up!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I know the conversation very well. It has nothing to with skill or points, its all about tactics currently used by coaches. Morons
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

An unco mess .
NOTHING in CAPS he screeches .
Lol lol lol
Lol didn't Eddie just float the idea of changing the grip on the Sharon's. Because they can't seem to catch it .
More fumbling than usual .
:(/ :(/
A few years ago there was an article complaining about the skill level when it comes to kicking .
Too many 1 unco points .
Lol but in your insular bubble it's nothing yo do with that .
:(/ :(/ :(/

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:55 pm
An unco mess .
NOTHING in CAPS he screeches .
Lol lol lol
Lol didn't Eddie just float the idea of changing the grip on the Sharon's. Because they can't seem to catch it .
More fumbling than usual .
:(/ :(/
A few years ago there was an article complaining about the skill level when it comes to kicking .
Too many 1 unco points .
Lol but in your insular bubble it's nothing yo do with that .
:(/ :(/ :(/
eddie was talking about the ball being more slippery than normal.

Tell me what you're actually claiming here. Are you suggesting the skills are worse than before or that they've always been bad?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Well they seem to be getting worse .
Hence the continious calls for rule changes

🤣
Xman wrote