The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Carlton

Re: Afl over 30 years

Post by The_Wookie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:03 pm

pussycat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:05 pm
Do you think the NRL would be putting this on there website if it wasn't true?
Rugby League is Australia’s most entertaining and popular sport.
=D =D =D
lol yes they would. most entertaining is entirely subjective, and popularity in this case is literally only based on one survey of tv watching.

pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:06 pm

pussycat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
You know as well as I know it exists . It may have been more than 30 years ago but it exists.
Actually I dont. And Ive done a fair bit of research on this. You apparently havent. NO report issued at the time said expand or die. The decision to expand was approved literally by one vote - and even that had to be obtained by bribing the director of Fitzroy.
Popularity isn't based on a survey . its based on having more viewers.
TV ratings are literally a survey. It uses a small number of people to predict the entire amount. Others have done surveys with different results.
The show that got the most ratings was the most viewed show of the year was Origin 1.
Ratings are a survey. Get it through your thick fucking head.
Any rating surveys that have the AFL in front only count 5 cities, or divide League into different categories or maybe they come from AFL house.
No they dont. And no they dont. And none of the surveys come from AFL house.

Do better.

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks

Post by pussycat » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm

There is absolutely no way a major company would make a claim like that on the front page of its website if the claim wasn't accurate. The legal implications would be shattering.
Tv ratings may not be an exact science , but it's the most accurate measurement of tv viewers that we have. Debated only by people who don't like the results. When the yearly results continue to come out the same way than even the thickest naysayer's need to rethink there position.

Rugby League:

Australia's Most Popular Sport - ratings gold medal winner 2011, 2012 , 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and soon to be 2019 :thumbleft:

AFL:

The world's least Popular Sport :/;

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:11 pm

pussycat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm
There is absolutely no way a major company would make a claim like that on the front page of its website if the claim wasn't accurate. The legal implications would be shattering.
Oztam uses a small number of households to represent the total. Its a survey by definition.
Tv ratings may not be an exact science , but it's the most accurate measurement of tv viewers that we have.
Its the industry standard, and OZtam is owned by the fucking tv stations who set their advertising according to tis results. If the AFL did shit like this, youd be all over it.
Debated only by people who don't like the results. When the yearly results continue to come out the same way than even the thickest naysayer's need to rethink there position.
There is no where near enough criticism of the way tv ratings are collated. The organisation responsible benefits directly from the results published and has incentive to report them in such a way that benefits the commercial stations directly.

Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by Terry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:21 pm

The_Wookie wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:06 pm
pussycat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
You know as well as I know it exists . It may have been more than 30 years ago but it exists.
Actually I dont. And Ive done a fair bit of research on this. You apparently havent. NO report issued at the time said expand or die. The decision to expand was approved literally by one vote - and even that had to be obtained by bribing the director of Fitzroy.
Popularity isn't based on a survey . its based on having more viewers.
TV ratings are literally a survey. It uses a small number of people to predict the entire amount. Others have done surveys with different results.
The show that got the most ratings was the most viewed show of the year was Origin 1.
Ratings are a survey. Get it through your thick fucking head.
Any rating surveys that have the AFL in front only count 5 cities, or divide League into different categories or maybe they come from AFL house.
No they dont. And no they dont. And none of the surveys come from AFL house.

Do better.
Merry festive season Wookie my friend. I trust you had quality time with your nearest and dearest!!!

Now down to business: Wow!! Where to start with your latest rantings Wooksie. So now you are bagging the TV ratings system?? My friend - your collating of ratings is your biggest asset (some say it's your only asset but I digress lololol).

I fear that your achilles heel has once again reared it's ugly head. Yes.......your raging AFL bias has forced you to denigrate what you do best - count ratings numbers. Because RL has completely obliterated the Australian Fumbling League in this years ratings you have inexplicably turned on yourself. Ouch!!!!!

So you now say TV ratings are only a survey? I call complete and utter BS!!!! This is what Oztam says:

"OzTAM TV ratings are audience estimates based on actual viewing behaviour in 5,250 panel homes in Australia's five mainland capital cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth - and 2,120 homes nationally for subscription television."

Yep. Ratings are based on ACTUAL viewing behaviour. They are not a survey. You Wooksie of all people should and do know this my friend. A survey is some organisation ringing or collecting information by asking people questions. Ratings are a box in their home that cannot lie. Chalk and cheese.

I have advised you in the past Wooksie that your rampant bias ruins any contribution you make on any site you visit. Please take the tip my friend. Be more thoughtful. Be more objective. And honestly have some humour in your posts. You sound like a very angry man. Why???

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by Fred » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:31 pm

The discussion came about re: I believe my comment on afl being the biggest sporting organisation or number 1 sporting organisation in Australia .... which it clearly is .... however pussy started on about Rl being most popular. Nothing to do with biggest bit hey. Anyway He based this on tv ratings... specifically cumulative ratings for the year. It was pointed out that this is indeed one measure but he fails to consider other measures ... which have been pointed out again... and other ratings data. And terry ... we have one ke .... and whilst I am sure he is flattered by he immitation you are clever enough (I hope) to find your own shicht

Veni, vidi, vici

King-Eliagh wrote:
And Internet life reflects real life.

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks

Post by pussycat » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Fred wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:31 pm
The discussion came about re: I believe my comment on afl being the biggest sporting organisation or number 1 sporting organisation in Australia .... which it clearly is .... however pussy started on about Rl being most popular. Nothing to do with biggest bit hey. Anyway He based this on tv ratings... specifically cumulative ratings for the year. It was pointed out that this is indeed one measure but he fails to consider other measures ... which have been pointed out again... and other ratings data. And terry ... we have one ke .... and whilst I am sure he is flattered by he immitation you are clever enough (I hope) to find your own shicht
The discussion came about when you disputed my claim that Rugby League is the most popular sport in the country, backed up by the sport having the most viewers, and supported by the NRL website. . The size of a person dick has little to do with his popularity or anything else that you waffle on about Fred.

Rugby League:

Australia's Most Popular Sport - ratings gold medal winner 2011, 2012 , 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and soon to be 2019 :thumbleft:

AFL:

The world's least Popular Sport :/;

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Fred wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Ah......Fred, or Phelpsy, the waffler and dangerous man lololololololololololol. Thanks for my mention pal. Unfortunately you bat so far down the order your contributions are kinda irrelevant. Maybe go back to counting goal posts on the gold coast........that's about your level of cognisance lololololololololololoololol.

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by Fred » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Ahhhhh.... too too easy. I reckon ke’s even had a wry smile reading that. That fact it goes whoosh ... straight over is hilarious and I reckon you’re still oblivious. Terry try hard .... when you don’t even need to be lol. Flattery flattery flattery.

Veni, vidi, vici

King-Eliagh wrote:
And Internet life reflects real life.

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Terry wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:21 pm
Now down to business: Wow!! Where to start with your latest rantings Wooksie. So now you are bagging the TV ratings system?? My friend - your collating of ratings is your biggest asset (some say it's your only asset but I digress lololol).
I collate the data. It doesnt mean its the be all and end all some seem to think it is.
I fear that your achilles heel has once again reared it's ugly head. Yes.......your raging AFL bias has forced you to denigrate what you do best - count ratings numbers. Because RL has completely obliterated the Australian Fumbling League in this years ratings you have inexplicably turned on yourself. Ouch!!!!!
No bias in your observations at all though.
So you now say TV ratings are only a survey? I call complete and utter BS!!!! This is what Oztam says:

"OzTAM TV ratings are audience estimates based on actual viewing behaviour in 5,250 panel homes in Australia's five mainland capital cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth - and 2,120 homes nationally for subscription television."

Yep. Ratings are based on ACTUAL viewing behaviour. They are not a survey. You Wooksie of all people should and do know this my friend. A survey is some organisation ringing or collecting information by asking people questions. Ratings are a box in their home that cannot lie. Chalk and cheese.
You cant say that you take 7,000 households and extrapolote millions of tv viewers from it and tell me its accurate - your own quote says its an estimate. Or do you fucking people just not comprehend what you read? Its literally sample data, and almost no better than what other companies do when they ring 1,000 people for their habits.
I have advised you in the past Wooksie that your rampant bias ruins any contribution you make on any site you visit. Please take the tip my friend. Be more thoughtful. Be more objective. And honestly have some humour in your posts. You sound like a very angry man. Why???
I AM being objective here. Its you people who believe that the ratings ESTIMATES supplied by Oztam - a company which publishes ratings and is owned by the commercial tv networks.

Oddly enough Oztam itself refers to the Survey periods in its FAQ
What is ‘official’ Survey? Do ratings in the summer period count?

Over many years, the tradition of a 40-week ‘official’ ratings Survey period has evolved. Many networks and their clients continue to negotiate on the basis of a 40-week Survey calendar. However, not all channels are driven by the 40-week Survey calendar, and of course advertisers continue to use television right through the year.

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:25 pm

pussycat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 pm
The discussion came about when you disputed my claim that Rugby League is the most popular sport in the country, backed up by the sport having the most viewers, and supported by the NRL website. . The size of a person dick has little to do with his popularity or anything else that you waffle on about Fred.
LOL the NRL website isnt going to be biased AT FUCKING ALL. If i tried to use AFL.com.au as a source, youd have a crack at me, and justifiably so.

And TV ratings doesnt make one the most popular sport in the country, theres other measures you continually ignore that dont fit your narrative. And even the ratings arent the best indicator you can pull out.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Thanks for your earnest and timely reply Wooksie. So by your analysis the ratings are irrelevant. You have just done yourself out of a job collating next years ratings my friend lololololololololol.......it's pointless lolololololololololol,

I wonder if that would have been the case if your raging bias to AFL had shown it to be the most viewed commodity on TV in Australia this year??? Somehow I guess not lolololololoolololololol,

You're a poor bugger Wooksie. I really think you need to get out of little Adelaide, if that's where you live, and experience life in real cities. You truly don't seem to get the big picture my friend. Plus humour and goodwill goes a long way. Your life seems to be filled with angst, spittle and anger.

Why the hostility my friend?? Come on and tell us a joke or family anecdote - that would be beautiful!!

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Terry wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:45 pm
Thanks for your earnest and timely reply Wooksie. So by your analysis the ratings are irrelevant. You have just done yourself out of a job collating next years ratings my friend lololololololololol.......it's pointless lolololololololololol,
I never said they were irrelevant. I said that they arent much better than any other survey of tv watching.
I wonder if that would have been the case if your raging bias to AFL had shown it to be the most viewed commodity on TV in Australia this year??? Somehow I guess not lolololololoolololololol,
Id say the same thing. Its literally on the Oztam site.
You're a poor bugger Wooksie. I really think you need to get out of little Adelaide, if that's where you live, and experience life in real cities. You truly don't seem to get the big picture my friend. Plus humour and goodwill goes a long way. Your life seems to be filled with angst, spittle and anger.

Why the hostility my friend?? Come on and tell us a joke or family anecdote - that would be beautiful!!
Fuck off you patronising twat.