Will the swans make the 8?

Australian Football news and discussion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Will the swans make the 8?

Post by King-Eliagh »

If they keep playing the way theyre playing I highly doubt it.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Will the swans make the 8?

Post by Beaussie »

Settle down, Sydney starts many seasons very slowly. Things will fall into place soon enough. I've no doubt come September the Swans will be in their as part of finals action.
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Post by Cracker »

I agree, particularly as apparently Franklin had a better game this time. Once he settles in the Swans will be a formidable combination.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I'm not sop sure and tend to lean with Tagh Kennellys thoughts that paying someone so much inevitably creates division, whether it be visible and heard or not. The structure of the swans has been weakened imo. No mumford/experienced ruckman is just one gap they now have. Additionally they're now possibly on the wrong side of the scale when it comes to age... They could've added three amazing under 25s for the price of buddy and looked towards strengthening their team in a more balanced manner. Instead, the team isn't looking this way at all at the moment. They're looking lethargic and I reckon Longmire might need to put the pressure on for more than a few positions to ensure he gets the best out of his more aging chargers.

Definitely uncertain who to pick this weekend vs the crows

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Stupid thread. The Swans will make the finals comfortably.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I guess when you know there's a basketcase league takin up all them bottom spots then it's an easy call eh lg?

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Are you prepared to re-assess your assessment after the Swans easily accounted for the Crows?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes I was more impressed with the swans, though still not totally confident. Adelaide are pretty shite and until the last quarter the swans struggled to put them away. North melbs will be tough this week...

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Swans lost first 3 games in 96 and finished on top - although I agree that no Mumford has hurt their centre clearances - Tom coming in and Tippet, Reid and Goodes all to come into the side I'm not concerned top 4 still in range - so far the only basket club would be Melb so considering there has to be a wooden spoon that's not bad!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes with players coming back they might turn it up good but they need to sort out their center clearances quick smart. Pike might improve but itd be good if they can blood some youth into the spot.

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I don't think blooding youth would be an appropriate course to take at present. They need to get back on track with their senior list first, otherwise blooding youth could lead to losing touch with the top four.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Swans4ever wrote:
Swans lost first 3 games in 96 and finished on top - although I agree that no Mumford has hurt their centre clearances - Tom coming in and Tippet, Reid and Goodes all to come into the side I'm not concerned top 4 still in range - so far the only basket club would be Melb so considering there has to be a wooden spoon that's not bad!
Pretty harsh calling Melbourne a basket club, Swans! Granted they aren't showing that much, but what they are showing is an improvement on what it was like say two seasons ago - or even just last season. The cogs are being put back in place and they have the right man at the helm to get that job done in my old mate Paul Roos.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
gcopasw
Team:

Post by gcopasw »

Sydney is an old team when compared with many and AFL is becoming a real running game and not a hard in close slog. They will look better when Tippett come in but I think they will finish between 8-10th.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cracker wrote:
I don't think blooding youth would be an appropriate course to take at present. They need to get back on track with their senior list first, otherwise blooding youth could lead to losing touch with the top four.
TLPG wrote:
Stupid thread. The swans will make the 8 comfortably.
Sheezus, do you guys even watch footy? Or even read about it? Seriously, there's some serious concern there in the way in which the club is playing. I know theres a basketcase league sitting at the bottom third of the comp but the swans still might struggle to make the 8, particularly if freo give them a touch up tonight...

I'd hope you two soon come to realise that my threads are pertinent, relevant, and contribute to this board (currently moreso than your own), rather than simply trying to troll my threads into insignificance like you do. [-X

xman wrote:
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Nope, GCop! Big win by the Swans last night. They'll make the finals with a leg in the air!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!