Round 1 preview (Part 1)

Australian Football news and discussion.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Round 1 preview (Part 1)

Post by TLPG »

The AFL season begins this weekend with four matches in a split round.

On Friday night, the season opens with Collingwood hosting Fremantle at Docklands Stadium. This will be a test for both sides. Collingwood have a lot to prove, and Fremantle have to look out for the dreaded post grand final loss blues. It will be an interesting game, and Nathan Buckley is under the pump from the club's own fanbase as some of the louder voices question his ability to coach. With that in mind this will be a watershed game for him maybe.

On Saturday in the twilight game, it's the Battle of the Bridge at the Showgrounds. West Sydney will be on a bit of a high after their rout of St.Kilda in the NAB Challenge in Wagga, particularly as they scored from outside 50 7 times. Sydney on the other hand are a completely different beast to the Saints. The Swans will be fuming at not being able to follow up their grand final victory in 2012, and they will be fired up. How the Giants respond will dictate the margin.

On Saturday night, Gold Coast meet Richmond at Carrara. If Ablett Junior is back (I haven't noticed if he is or not after injury kept him away from the Townsville NAB Challenge game) the Tigers are going to have some headaches. But Richmond could be right amongst it again this season after making the eight for the first time in years last season. This could be a cracking match up and worth watching.

On Sunday night, Carlton take on Port Adelaide at Docklands Stadium. The Blues have a lot to prove under Mick Malthouse and I just don't think he's got them just right yet. That's an issue that the Power just could pounce on. They were the surprise packet of 2013, and like Richmond could be in amongst it again. This game all depends on how Carlton gell. If they gell as well on the field as they should on paper, Port Adelaide could be in trouble.

I'll try and keep this up during the season, but there's no guarantee of it. We'll see how we go.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Re: Round 1 preview (Part 1)

Post by NRLCrap1 »

I like that effort, TLPG! Not bad. Missing tips though!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Not bad with a few insights but on the whole I feel this is a fairly superficial cliché filled drawl on the weekends footy.

I hope next weeks is better :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

That was a pathetic jibe, King Eliagh. I suggest you remove yourself from this forum if all you can do is abuse TLPG.

Metricon Stadium is Carrara?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Abuse? I'm simply commenting on his post, as he does mine. I'm afraid your conduct is rather contrary here Cracker. Please, you're not a moderator and it is against the rules of this forum to suggest things only moderators should be suggesting.

Step back, reflect on your behaviour, and adjust appropriately.

Kind Regards,
KING

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

"fairly superficial cliché filled drawl" isn't abuse??

Reflect on YOUR behaviour thank you, KE! I think we all know per the other thread that you are trying to undermine my game knowledge! And Cracker only suggested. He did not issue an order, like you've been known to do.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Nup I think you'll find its all A-OK and above board to make comment like this TLPG :salute:

Though I think you'll find your accusations that I'm racist and believe in breaking up Aboriginal communities is well outside the guidelines of this board.

:wink:

It also shows you're really struggling to debate objectively without letting your emotions get the better of you. Try just chillin out a bit man. :afro:

Anyway in regards to this weekends matchups I felt it was a pretty easy round for tipping. What about others?

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I am stating the truth about that, and that's all there is. You are a liability to football.

You suggest that I try to chill out? I suggest you try to accept that you aren't welcome on this part of the forum, and perhaps you should go away back to The Fight Club where you belong and take that abuse with you where it's welcome.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No, I'm positive for footy. Particularly on matters regarding reducing institutional racism and the afl becoming a more inclusive league. I've also played footy, experienced it first hand and in the crowds. It's great and I will promote robust discussion for its improvement whenever I please thankyou very much.

This is my board as much as yours LG. I'm sorry but I wont have you treating me like this. If you think there is something wrong perhaps it is you who should be the one leaving?

I'll ask you kindly to stop abusing me from now on on here, and treat me for who I am, a good hearted keen supporter and player of marngrook. :)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Does anyone have any Mortein handy?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

I got some Pea Beu.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Does anyone have any Mortein handy?
The precise moment where TLPG illustrates he has lost.

Thanks for giving up TLPG. You really have been extending the lies above and beyond on this board for some time now. I think its best we get back to discussing the issues.

:)

So do people think freo will have the post GF blues as TLPG says might happen?

I think they might against a fiery pies outfit in melbs tonight...

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

From what I can tell he has chosen to ignore you, King Eliagh. That does not mean he has lost. It means that he has decided not to address you, an understandable reaction given that you are being rude and not admitting that your conduct is worth ignoring.

You are not a positive for Aussie Rules anymore than Raiderdave is a positive for rugby league. You are a negative. I will repeat what I said on the Quality thread. You are behaving like a petulant 15 year old boy. Kindly act your age.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cracker wrote:
From what I can tell he has chosen to ignore you, King Eliagh. That does not mean he has lost. It means that he has decided not to address you, an understandable reaction given that you are being rude and not admitting that your conduct is worth ignoring.

You are not a positive for Aussie Rules anymore than Raiderdave is a positive for rugby league. You are a negative. I will repeat what I said on the Quality thread. You are behaving like a petulant 15 year old boy. Kindly act your age.
Oh jesus, you again :roll: And the lamo things you make up in your head and say :roll: :roll:

Can any of you actually discuss footy? Seriously, your inability to objectively discuss footy and the issues involved in footy are bringing this board down. Its the AFL board for crying out loud, not the King-Eliagh board.

Now polish your glasses, refocus, pull up those socks, adjust your braces and get on with talking footy you lot!

I think LG's thought that Freo may have the blues in this weeks matchup is right. Pies to win in a close one. What you guys think?

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Your opinion is not important, until you demonstrate a willingness to be polite.