Carlton v West Coast Wizard Cup GF

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Carlton v West Coast Wizard Cup GF

Post by Beaussie »

I'm really impressed with West Coast thus far in the pre-season. I think they'll definately make the finals come September. I caught the game last night between Carlton and Western Bulldogs and despite the off-field problems facing the Blues, on the field they showed alot of promise for season 2005.

If the final was in Perth I'd be tipping the Eagles to easily account for the Blues, however with the game in Melbourne, I'll go with the Blues. Should be a good game whatever the result.

Ahh, just 2 more weeks until the real footy season begins. :D
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

Go the Blues! the midfield will be preety even i think, Carltons midfield is preety dam good aswell. now Stevens is playing we will have extra midfield power and hopefully kouta will return. our foward line should stand tall over the weagles. and our defence will even itself out with there foward.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah I saw a headline that Stevens would play. Whilst not having read the full story yet, I never thought footy would come before family. Anyway a good result for the Blues. This match will no doubt be close. I just wish we had it live on TV up here. :(

You think the Blues will make the 8 this year pickles? Oh and what's the go with off-field problems and massive debts? :shock:
Glory and Fame
Team:

Post by Glory and Fame »

I'll tip West Coast, especially with Judd coming back into the team.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

i still think we are a year away from the eight although who knows what Deanis can do to the boys! gez im exited though. im not exactly sure either whats going on with the debt
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Great win by the Blues last night. I can see why you'd be excited going into this season pickles.

Fevola with 8 goals, a successful return for Kouta and Stevens with 27 touches. I know it is only the pre-season, but gees I think Carlton may surprise a few teams and the footy fans this year. Bit of a concern with Thornton's knee injury though.

How bad is the Eagles record in Melbourne, particularly at Telstra Dome, it's attrocious and a real worry for Worsfold one would think.