Swans - Top 4?

Australian Football news and discussion.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Swans - Top 4?

Post by Pickles »

Goodes out for 6 weeks won't help em! There next 6 weeks is a pretty soft draw so it won't hurt there chances to much though you would think.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Pickles wrote:
Goodes out for 6 weeks won't help em! There next 6 weeks is a pretty soft draw so it won't hurt there chances to much though you would think.
Not the news I wanted to hear today. Gees 6 weeks. Richmond this week now has me worried. Especially after what happened last season. 8-[

Fingers crossed he returns earlier than 6 weeks. Didn't look that bad on the night.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Well the only game I think you really need him for is Essendon on the Queen's Birthday weekend. I think you can win the others without him.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

TLPG wrote:
Well the only game I think you really need him for is Essendon on the Queen's Birthday weekend. I think you can win the others without him.
I hope you're right TLPG. I worry about our forward line without Goodes to help out. As soon as I saw him look injured on Saturday night, I knew we were in real trouble. With Sam Reid out of form and carrying an injury, I'm not sure who should be brought in... Jesse White, Trent Denis Lane... Watching Richmond destroy Port yesterday makes me even more nervous. Essendon will be a real worry too, although they have their own injury concerns.
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

Beaussie wrote:
TLPG wrote:
I hope you're right TLPG. I worry about our forward line without Goodes to help out. As soon as I saw him look injured on Saturday night, I knew we were in real trouble. With Sam Reid out of form and carrying an injury, I'm not sure who should be brought in... Jesse White, Trent Denis Lane... Watching Richmond destroy Port yesterday makes me even more nervous. Essendon will be a real worry too, although they have their own injury concerns.
Essendon are also a real worry to break our winning start to the season this week.
Eagles for Premiers!!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Beaussie wrote:
Watching Richmond destroy Port yesterday makes me even more nervous.
I wouldn't read too much into that, Beau. Port are now playing the way I thought they would at the start of the year. If they are still playing like this comes August 4 the Giants will pump them.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
oozeboss
Team: Geelong Cats and GWS Giants

Post by oozeboss »

I love you like a brother, Beau, but stop sweating on the Swans. Every team bar the WEagles would happily swap places with them right now, and although they will inevitably drop more games this season, the context of those losses is that there will be no dominant unbeatable team (or teams, as per 2011) this season. Every team will be dropping games before September.

The cold hard reality is that they are really nicely placed right now. The veterans are holding up well & the kids are developing at the rate of knots. They play a hard sustainable brand of footy, and have decent depth at all positions. They have heart, guts & brains - they've been there/ done that and got the t-shirt.

There are plenty of other teams far more deserving of sympathy/ pity (and I will emphasise here that GWS is neither), so settle petal! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
The big big sound from the west of the town.
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

Nice work jumping on the Giants ooze.
Eagles for Premiers!!
oozeboss
Team: Geelong Cats and GWS Giants

Post by oozeboss »

Thanks beepee.

I'll always love Geelong, but living in Sydney means that I'll see them once this year (v Swans). And I don't have either RupertTel or 7Mite (where 7 has relegated AFL coverage here).

So I've joined the crusade in AFL's wild wild west(ern suburbs). I love the Giants as a father loves a second child, and getting involved in ensuring that they survive and thrive will indirectly benefit every other team in the league, including my beloved Cats. Truth be told, the deeper you get involved in their organisation, the easier it is to love them. They are brave, bold & innovative in every level of the club.

The icebreaker among members of the Giants' cheer squad is to ask each other who our 'other' team is, and we've all got one. From every club playing. And yes, even the Swans are represented in the big big sound from the west of the town!

Aren't I right there, Beau?
The big big sound from the west of the town.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I'm on board with the Giants. Yes indeed. :P
mwall
Team:

Post by mwall »

great chance for top 4 with an easy draw
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

What is it with the Swans and the MCG hoodoo. It's ridiculous how long it's been since we won there.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Went to the game yesterday, have to give all credit to Richmond. The way they smashed you in that first quarter was pretty unbelievable - can't blame the MCG on that.
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

About time we had a few upsets in the AFL. Well done to the Crows, GWS, Richmond (wasn't really an upset...but I didn't tip them) and the Bulldogs. The season is starting to get interesting.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

How I'm still leading the tipping is beyond me! Thought I had ruined all my good work in 1 week but looks like everyone else did pretty much the same.