Wow coll v haw!

Australian Football news and discussion.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Wow coll v haw!

Post by Xman »

What a game!! If this is a sample of how footy will be played this year we're in for a great year. Very free flowing, hardly any stop start chip kicking or flooding! Love it!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
milznjim
Team: west coast eagles western force perth glory nsw

Re: Wow coll v haw!

Post by milznjim »

What a great game!! and being able to watch a friday night game live on fox for the first time in my life!! Fox footy the fastest growing state in oz thanks you!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

milznjim wrote:
What a great game!! and being able to watch a friday night game live on fox for the first time in my life!! Fox footy the fastest growing state in oz thanks you!
Agree. I've got foxtel now too! Love it! :D

Super game. Buddy unbelievable!
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

I honestly thought that the margin would be bigger, what with Collingwood's injury worries. They've got depth obviously. But yeah, both sides kicking the ton is fantastic for the game we all love!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

milznjim wrote:
Great game and likewise, great to be able to watch a Friday night game live on 7mate in NSW/ACT and QLD.

I'm loving this new tv deal with Fox Footy and Channel7/7mate. :D
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Does anyone think Buddy would ever leave the Hawks? Amazing to watch him in action. Would love to see him at the Swans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

No I don't think so. Hawthorn fans would riot big time if the Hawks hierachy allow him to go.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

I honestly believe we may be seeing the end of the ugly, defensive, conservative style of AFL football we have seen over the last 5-7 years of AFL. the game seems to be evolving its way back into an exciting style.

I think coaches have finally worked out that the only way to beat the rolling zone of death is to move quickly either through or over the zone either while or before it forms. This has lead to a high scoring, free running brand of football that I have seen in virtually all the games in the first round. the sub rule has also helped I believe because the rolling zone saps a lot of energy from a large proportion of the team, so coaches may be willing to compromise on its application to conserve energy.

This bodes well for this season. If it continues we could see the return of a lot of fans who have turned off the tv because of this ugly style.

Great stuff! =D> =D>
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Indeed, Xman!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

TLPG wrote:
Indeed, Xman!
Also confirmed by the commentators for the bulldogs v WC game. They have specifically said that the game style is noticably freer, faster, more 1 on 1 contests, and more exciting. All this will add up to more fans at the ground and on TV.
mwall
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by mwall »

really good game glad hawks won