Tipping competitions

Australian Football news and discussion.

Is the bonus point rule something to keep?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Tipping competitions

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hello there,

I'm just wondering about peoples thoughts on the tipping comp rules. In particular I'd like to see whether the tippers feel the 'bonus point' rule for tipping the game of the week correct is a good rule.

As I havent entered the comp while this rule has been effective i dont know what to think about it. I just dont know whether its good to get a complete bonus point for just one tip...?

Please vote if you have an opinion.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Whilst the question has never been asked, feedback has been positive in the past with regards to the bonus point being awarded. How do others feel?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

one single vote in this pole...and its by the site administrator. pretty lame, i guess either most have no problems with the comp or most dont engage in the forum...

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Feedback in seasons past has been that members like the bonus game and bonus point.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

I'm on the fence. It certainly makes it more interesting but it can really make or break you, especially late in the season.

Maybe if it wasn't used on games that are already so tough to pick?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

After 3 weeks in the tipping I have to say im not a fan of it. Beaussie picks the round of the week solely on his own judgment and in my opinion, especially in the rugby league, he has little idea about which game really deserves round of the week. :?>

Basically its a biased process and opens up the competition for poor tippers to win. When you think about it, if some chump tips decently on the round of the week throughout the comp they are looking at getting around 25 additional points (finals rounds have 'game of the week'. Someone who may have actually tipped better than said chump game for game, could easily be well behind if they only picked around 10 'game of the week' tips.

I prefer the rule of a bonus point for anyone who gets a full round of tipping. It rarely is given out so you dont get such a random swing of points and the bonus point goes to someone who deserves it rather than chumpos getting lucky on beaussies ill advised 'game of the week'

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Happy for members to suggest the match of the round for the bonus point if people prefer that. That said, I think I've been pretty good at picking the match of the round to date. :P