2010 - AFL Tipping Competition

Australian Football news and discussion.
PieMad
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by PieMad »

beepee wrote:
WOW, what a crap round! Knew I shoulda picked Sydney!
Yep! 'twas a little tricky... but alright for Pies Supporters... Pick the Pies, and pick against Carlton 'cause... well they're Carlton of course :P...

Pie Logic :lol: :
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

PieMad wrote:
beepee wrote:
WOW, what a crap round! Knew I shoulda picked Sydney!
Yep! 'twas a little tricky... but alright for Pies Supporters... Pick the Pies, and pick against Carlton 'cause... well they're Carlton of course :P...

Pie Logic :lol: :
Pies should flog Carlton on current form!
Eagles for Premiers!!
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

Carlton had a good win over the Eagles last night. Suspect most of us went for home-ground advantage and tipped WCE....to our dismay.
PieMad
Team:

Post by PieMad »

tpsize wrote:
Carlton had a good win over the Eagles last night. Suspect most of us went for home-ground advantage and tipped WCE....to our dismay.
Not this little black duck :P I just thought they had the right cattle, including the aboriginal lads who usually play well in W.A... they were due to bring their game together and had spent a kupla days up there in the west which would've been good for morale...

Also picked Essendon based on their scoring power over the last 5 rounds, excepting the flogging at the hand of the crows of course :P

Buggar about Hawthorn.. picked them as well... that's life eh... what a game that was though.

Good luck for the rest of the round... pickin' the faves for todays games here.. anyone going for upsets?
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

Bet you were worried last night? A depleted Crows almost beat the Magpies! Have the Collywobbles set in early.....or don't they care given they already have the minor premiership sown-up? They had plenty of scoring shots....but couldn't put the ball through the right pair of posts.
PieMad
Team:

Post by PieMad »

tpsize wrote:
Bet you were worried last night? A depleted Crows almost beat the Magpies! Have the Collywobbles set in early.....or don't they care given they already have the minor premiership sown-up? They had plenty of scoring shots....but couldn't put the ball through the right pair of posts.
:lol: who me worried? haha... yep! we shouldn't have won, and I reckon it would've been better if we'd lost, but one things for sure, the foot will be back on the pedal come the 1st final. We will lose next week though.

The crows were really direct, and luckily pulled it off most of the time, especially early, so even if other teams are to try this, thinking it's the way to beat the pies, they will also have to pull it off, and I'm guessin' the pies won't be kicking too many low scores like that as the season has shown us so far regardless of the many misses :P

Having said all that, we've been up a long time, and I hope it's not all down from now...

Next week is gonna be bloody impossible to tip :o

What do the rest of you think?
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

Yep tough week, but I have not gone too well this week either!! I may have opened the door I think!
Eagles for Premiers!!
PieMad
Team:

Post by PieMad »

beepee wrote:
Yep tough week, but I have not gone too well this week either!! I may have opened the door I think!
Oh! I dunno beepee... stoopid me changed my Sydney & Port wins at the last min... dang!... you should be pretty safe me thinkz... and good luck :)

Dang! 3 pts. down... gonna be some radical changes in the race for 2nd and 3rd prizes after this round for sure :)... it was always gonna be so though with the last 4 games of this round 50/50's the way I looked at it.... Carn the roos..... luckily they came back hard close to half time :)

and next week... I'm tipping 3/8 for me haha :)
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

Maybe the Magpies didn't lose, but if they treat the game against the Crows as a "loss" then maybe it will work in there favour. I don't think they'll be that inaccurate again for the rest of this year.

It was always going to be tough tipping the last 4 games from last week. 3/4 games went against the bookies.

There are 3 good games this week : Freo v Carlton
Tigers v Power
Melb v North

Will Freo rest another 7 players to help us? The other 2 games will be for pride.
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

PieMad wrote:
beepee wrote:
Oh! I dunno beepee... stoopid me changed my Sydney & Port wins at the last min... dang!... you should be pretty safe me thinkz... and good luck :)

Dang! 3 pts. down... gonna be some radical changes in the race for 2nd and 3rd prizes after this round for sure :)... it was always gonna be so though with the last 4 games of this round 50/50's the way I looked at it.... Carn the roos..... luckily they came back hard close to half time :)

and next week... I'm tipping 3/8 for me haha :)
Ye, only 2 up now with a week and finals to go...anybody's race!
Eagles for Premiers!!
PieMad
Team:

Post by PieMad »

:lol: yep!.... I'm sure there'll be the odd one or two hoping you put your money on the weagles against the cats at 'skilled' this w/end :D

This last round's gonna be huge for tipsters yah!... only 1 game I can see that's not about 50/50.... time to back the teams that fall closer to the 49% for me this week :P

If anyone has a lead by a couple after this week, then they'll be hard to catch through the finals I reckon... wonder if 'Talking Footy' will do an update on Sunday morning this time... from memory... They've been waiting 'til sunday night of late.

Good luck tipsters... :)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Finals are now open to tip in the tipping competition. Good luck to everyone.
PieMad
Team:

Post by PieMad »

Nice one.. thanks Beaussie :)

Good luck in the finals all :)
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

Couple of upsets in the first round of finals. I was hoping Freo would win but didn't have the guts to tip them in this comp. With Hawthorn out of the race it maybe a bit more predictable now.
PieMad
Team:

Post by PieMad »

rosize wrote:
Couple of upsets in the first round of finals. I was hoping Freo would win but didn't have the guts to tip them in this comp. With Hawthorn out of the race it maybe a bit more predictable now.
Yep... I guess it was a 'bookies' upset, but I thought Freo had the cattle to do the hawks, of course it was made easier as the hawkies injuries mounted up.

The swannies might do the Saints and we could see a pies/swannies gf, but of course... Geelong are our nemesis in the finals... buggar! :D

Good luck for the next round... still up for grabs with a few upsets perhaps... only 5 games to go though... BeePee looks comfortable on top :)

Who's gonna tip the upsets :P:D... footy tipping.. gotta love it eh!