First premiers for 2011

Discussion about grassroots football and regional footy leagues.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

First premiers for 2011

Post by TLPG »

Last weekend the Fortescue FL in WA's northern mining region played it's grand final. Congratulations to Towns for their easy victory.

A few leagues have started their finals with the first Victorian final having been played yesterday in the Omeo District FL. Haven't got the result yet.
Truthsayer
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Truthsayer »

How many premierships are being contested in New South Wales, Mr TLPG?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Senior premierships - 14. The first is only just around the corner in the Northern Riverina. Daniher country! :)
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Truthsayer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Truthsayer »

I wonder how this compares to the number of rugby league premierships at the same level?

As you have confirmed your firm reluctance at commenting in The Fight Club, I will ask you here about the specifics of AFL club numbers in New South Wales. How many are above this line that Mr Raider refers to?

I hope that this query is not off topic.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

No it's not - just - because you're extending on your original question.

I know it's 249 clubs across New South Wales. I'll have to deduct the clubs south of the Barassi Line (that's the official name of the line Raider is talking about) so on that I'll have to get back to you.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Re: First premiers for 2011

Post by Topper »

Good grief! There are THAT many clubs in New South Wales??

TLPG, how much do you know about this level in other states? I'm being told by RL supporters that there's nothing in regional Victoria, South Australia or Western Australia. My limit of knowledge is North Ballarat and Bendigo in the VFL.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I know PLENTY, Topper! And I can tell you right now that there is a very strong presence of AFL in ALL states. 249 clubs in New South Wales, but there are many more than that in country Victoria alone, as well as more than that in regional South Australia and regional Western Australia. There are more in Tasmania as well. I'm short on time right now after a computer crash a little more than a week ago that I'm still adjusting to but when I can I'll provide exact numbers. But whoever said there's no AFL presence in regional areas of the football states is talking out of their rear end - as usual.

Oh - if you want to count them yourself, my website will give you a very good idea.
http://www.philsworld.com.au/f/index.htm
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Those are very impressive numbers in NSW.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Just a quick note for Topper. I don't post in The Fight Club unless I feel I have to. At present I don't. I'm not an expert on overseas competitions like I am Australian, but I can tell you that if you looked up Australian Rules Football categories on Wikipedia you will find leagues in New Zealand, England, the United States and Canada - amongst others.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Your beliefs are being challenged in there, TLPG. They are saying there is no AFL in other countries. We need your clear experience.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

No you don't. You've posted the links to Wikipedia and that's all you need to do. They challenge beliefs with rubbish. I don't post in there because I happen to value my IQ level. I can't handle their sheer stupidity.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

It's easy. Just do what I do and treat them like children.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

No thanks. It doesn't work. I prefer to debate with adults.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

You do realise that they are calling you a coward in effect don't you?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Coming from them - I take that as a compliment.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST