Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Would there ever be a Tasssie side?

Post by Matrix »

Midway through last year a local man who seems to be a millionaire down here offered to put up the money for a Tasmanian team to enter the A-League, since this was reported on the local news in Tasmania there hasn't been any news since.

So I was wondering with the amount of people that attended a match down here not so long ago would Tasmania be able to field a team in the A-League?

There has been a few people through the gates of the local league down here, every time I have been at KGV last year, next door at the Soccer Oval there have beena few people there, a very healthy crowd to see the Glenorchy Zebras.

So I couldn't see why a Tasmanian team couldn't work, we probably wouldn't be that strong, but it would be worth considering wouldn't it?
Dave.

You may be only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Interesting Matrix. Although would an A-League team end up like the Hobart Devils in the NBL?
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Matrix »

Shouldn't do, Tassie in the NBL had a decent following and weren't in any trouble money wise. SO I am not sure why they left the league, but I am sure Tasmanians could get behind a Tassie Soccer team, the NSL game down here got a big crowd.

I would go if it came down to Hobart, I've been a huge fan of the sport for a long time, and would throw my support behind a Tassie team.
Dave.

You may be only young once, but you can be immature forever.