Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Good riddance Dwight Yorke

Post by Grim Reaper »

Good riddance to this over-rated wanker I say. Got sick to death of seeing this nobody big noting himself in the Daily Telegraph all the time. What a inspirational captain this 'boy' turned out the be!
The Portonian
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by The Portonian »

It may be good riddance to him in many peoples eyes, but hey, afterall, he was brought to Australia to promote and advance the leagues profile, not captain the club. While he was given the captaincy for the season, only a fool of the highest calibre would ever believe he ran the team on the pitch, it's just not his style and everyone who's ever followed his career over the years knows it.

Whilst I can't say that I am a fan of how Sydney go about administering their team and in general their rather selfish view in terms of how their directors think the league should exist for them, I will give them credit for the way they go about adding to the profile of the game in general. It will remain part and parcel for the A-league to recruit marquee players for a few years yet, hopefully it will become less reliant on "guest stints" and ageing international players and soon enough we will begin to see homegrown stars return to play out their last few years. I'd like to see anyone bemoan the return of a Viduka, Kewell, or Bresciano in their final years once their playing time in the euro big leagues are over. Even seeing the return of people such as Lazaridis and Vidmar in their twilight years is nothing but great for the game, honoured international servants who can provide not only talent on the pitch, but inspiration for the next generation of hopefuls that will populate the A-league before they go onto bigger and better things overseas.

Now, if only we could shake off this idiotic dependance on so called "reknowned" overseas coaches. Too much reliance on people like Terry Butcher and half a dozen other card board cutout english game style rejects. The sooner the FFA puts priority on fast tracking Australian coaches to FIFA standards and having the majority of A-league teams in their hands, the better overall, for the game here I reckon.