Stockmarket

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 151 times

Stockmarket

Post by Fred »

Anyone here play with the Stockmarket ?
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Stockmarket

Post by notaleaguefan »

Only recently started dabbling in shares. Brought in to some etfs & just brought some index funds.

But far far far from a warrant buffer or Phil towns levels
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yeah - just playing around with this new brokerage site. Bought some NAB - don't ask me why lo but doing okay. Will look into an ETF Vangaurd (VAN) or STW. But been told need to put in at least 20000 which is not the money I want to play with - but am told they are the way the way to go re: returns over and above active managed funds - over the long term. Of course, could plough that into my Super but can't touch it then,

Been exploring Baby Bunting- MNF group also - but really am going blind. Anyway - a bit of fun I guess.

Of course this is not financial advice and simply general conversation- please seek out your own independent advice to better assess your needs should you wish to invest.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Yeah - just playing around with this new brokerage site. Bought some NAB - don't ask me why lo but doing okay. Will look into an ETF Vangaurd (VAN) or STW. But been told need to put in at least 20000 which is not the money I want to play with - but am told they are the way the way to go re: returns over and above active managed funds - over the long term. Of course, could plough that into my Super but can't touch it then,

Been exploring Baby Bunting- MNF group also - but really am going blind. Anyway - a bit of fun I guess.

Of course this is not financial advice and simply general conversation- please seek out your own independent advice to better assess your needs should you wish to invest.
The managed funds seem to be a thing of the past or for the old retired nan and pops of the world as their main focus seems to be on dividends.

Managed funds are all different of course some are set up to attempt to beat them he marketed. Some do, most don’t! But due to needing to be more activity managed they come with higher fees! Once taken out it’s possibly going to be next to useless

Most etfs have been set up to just track the market and come with much lower fees with some like the VAS from vanguard paying dividends for income

https://www.aussiefirebug.com/

Pretty cool reading over this good for info & comparrasons

That stock i just might add to my watch list as is does look rather interesting as to were it will head with the current bull run its having
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NINE ENTERTAINMENT CO. HOLDINGS LIMITED (NEC) .......... basically due to the sporting rights it owns. :thumbleft:

And for Link, put your money into OneTel . You cant go wrong! thoroughly reccomend :roll:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Channel nine is a dud Gollum!
Fools gold as per usual with you
https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/i ... 9d333a202f

As for one tell! That was well before my day of being able to trade on the stock market! But thanks for giving us of some idea of your age! :rofl:
Now this isn’t the fight club so I’d suggest go and dribble elsewhere
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay .... just bought a small parcel of RAP and KLL ... start ups that having been going a little bit maybe on the brink of either taking off or folding. One is a medical app (rap) the other potash mining. Both up and down past weeks with res app waiting on tga approval.... if they get this then should be bang ... but if if if. Anyway do your own research.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

ResApp now with TGA approval. Do your own research ... not advice
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Need FDA to go in states
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 pm
Need FDA to go in states
uh, to invest in States?
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

If ResApp (rap) get Federal Drug Agency approval that opens up the US market a big market. They just got Australian approval and have European approval. The just did a capital raise so shared down a little. Be interesting to see where It goes over next few months.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

well the pas 4 days on the old market has been next to horrible! gotta stay optomostic
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yep... got to remember ... they are only loses if you sell lol. Just put a fair whack into VHY ... a 10 year thing so not too concerned apart from thinking should have waited 2 weeks and got them for so much cheaper. Oh well. The start ups are struggling however ... rap halved.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

the stock were blooming a few weeks ago as well! hitting record highs. but who could have predicted this

I had centralised all mine in to the NDQ, a tech ETF as it had been preforming so well with the aim of pulling it all out in 2 months on another property but that may have to wait a touch longer. its a bit of a wake up call as to how volatile the stock market can be
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I had been waiting for a crash and thought well best to get in now. So put 6 figures in and what do you know ... crashes lol. But it’s a 10 year thing so will wait. But pissed I could have bought so much lower.
Veni, vidi, vici