Travel

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Travel

Post by Fred »

Was watching below deck and thinking that may be cool... although the tip sees me reluctant .... mrs is a big fan of the show though..... but two nights for near on 30 grand is a bit rich even for my blood.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Have you been to the Philippines?

The South Island are amazing, and really cheap
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Hmmm ... may consider but just had a friend return and she didn’t like it at all and left early.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am
Hmmm ... may consider but just had a friend return and she didn’t like it at all and left early.
Depending where you go! The capital Manilla and areas around are very average to a dump at best. Way to over populated and dirty

The islands in the far south I went to Cebu and some in the Palawan area was a vastly different world to its self
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Fred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:24 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 pm
Okay Cook Islands mostly booked.

Looking for somewhere a bit different and was thinking maladives in an over water bungalow. Thinking it’s a poor mans Bora Bora but also hear good things. They have some good deals I saw in the paper the other day. Any thoughts or other recommendations
I am in Sri Lanka at the moment, not a football of any kind to be seen. Did see five games of cricket being played on 1 field simultaneously. Damn confusing.
In the Maldives on Monday, will let you know.
Cheers, was thinking about Sri Lanka before the bombings - something a little different to other parts of Asia but still lots of culture. Look forward to your feedback and recommendations.
Arrived home today.
Both places very different. Maldives is totally focused on tourism, so it’s a bit hard to get a handle on their “real” culture. Alcohol is only allowed on the resort islands, great weather and swimming.
Expensive with or without a package.
Sri Lanka was fine, on a bus, so a bit rushed, a lot different than other Asian countries I had been to.
I went on a 15 day tour which included air fares and all inclusive 5 nights in the Maldives which worked out cheaper than just staying at the Maldives separately.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay .. thinking Sri Lanka in 2021 then. Having done Bora Bora thinking no point doing Maldives ... you’ve done one overwater bungalow you’ve likely done them all. I like the idea that Sri Lanka is a different culture.
Veni, vidi, vici