Depression/Mental Illness discussion Fight Club Rules Apply

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
pookus
Seniors
Seniors
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL - drugged up cheats abound!

Post by pookus »

pookus wrote:
Striker wrote:
Experts paid off by the pharmaceutical companies to sell the pills. Mountains of FAKE evidence made up to suit the money makers.
Wheres my tin hat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You truly are an insensitve fuckwit.Maybe we can sack all the professionals and see if you can save the 2000 who kill themselves every year. Please crawl back in to your cave.Fukn liar
This bloke is just a troll surely he should be ignored.The other NRL boys must fuckin spew I find them all amusing even Dave but this dickhead is just an annoyance.I truly did not believe such ignorance still exists.Fool me. #-o
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

Xman wrote:
Striker wrote:
Experts paid off by the pharmaceutical companies to sell the pills. Mountains of FAKE evidence made up to suit the money makers.
:roll:

And what about peer reviewed research? They can't pay off the entire field world wide! :roll: findings and breakthroughs are repeatedly confirmed through multiple studies from multiple sources.
You bet they can! Have you seen the amount of money they make?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Xman wrote:
Striker wrote:
:roll:

And what about peer reviewed research? They can't pay off the entire field world wide! :roll: findings and breakthroughs are repeatedly confirmed through multiple studies from multiple sources.
You bet they can! Have you seen the amount of money they make?
I'm sorry but you are full of BS. You are essentially claiming drug companies pay off every single medical professional body in the world. #-o #-o

I work in healthcare and part of my work involves research, and i have been lead and co author of many published papers. I have never been approached by any company or supplier with a bribe :roll: In fact research within the industry is extremely closely regulated and every author and co-author must disclose ANY conflicts of interest, including any relationships or funding provided by companies. This is a legal declaration and subject to criminal charges for researchers and companies.

So you are basically claiming I have taken bribes. :roll:

Further, in the past these companies regularly influenced the medical profession and their choice of medications, but not the treatment regime overall. If treatment other than the use of this medication was proven to be more successful then doctors failing to comply would open themselves up to litigation by ignoring best practice. That's unless your claiming the drug companies bribe the legal profession and the judicial system as well :roll:

In the past these Drug companies would promote the use of their medications by lavishing doctors in gifts. Now they have to claim every single item they give and the flow of gifts has basically ceased entirely.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

That is the biggest load of crap I've ever read! Drug companies still bribe doctors today! They do it under the table! I suggest you re-educate yourself and it starts with these sites.

http://www.naturalnews.com
http://www.avn.org.au

So stop it with your rubbish. I'll bet you're not even qualified to put out medical publications!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a browse here for the first time in many months, and I just HAD to log in when I saw this!!

Striker you are relying on the biggest QUACKERY site in the world in Natural News! And that's just for starters! The Australian Vaccination Network? News flash, buster, they have to change their name by March 21 by order of New South Wales Fair Trading because it is - read this carefully - MISLEADING!!

I suppose you're the sort of person who thinks that every doctor who says vaccines are safe are being paid off by Big Pharma? What's your view on Autism BTW?

Looking back over this thread, you have a very simplistic view on illicit drugs. I'm not going to dispute the corruption factor, but it's not as widespread as you think. It's infestation has become inherent on the system in that many victims are so reliant on them they can't break free. That's the demand that you haven't got an answer for. If you don't supply, you're killing them and/or killing others as they kill to get their fix. What's needed for them is a strongly controlled process.

As for your reflections on depression, what about people who don't have the tools to work on it? I mean biomedical tools. That's what the pills are for - to jump start the system so to speak. That's what happened with Xman's brother I'll bet (Please correct me if I'm wrong, Xman!). Depression isn't just feeling down. That's just a symptom. The way to treat that is not to treat the symptom. You have to treat the cause, and that has several different sources.

This definitely needed to be said!
Striker
Coach
Coach

Re: Depression/Mental Illness discussion Fight Club Rules Ap

Post by Striker »

Back off the AVN, TL! They do a great job informing and Fair Trading have no right to stop them! The AVN will challenge them and win.

EVeryone has the tools to fight depression, and it has nothing to do with biomeds!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Back off the AVN, TL! They do a great job informing and Fair Trading have no right to stop them! The AVN will challenge them and win.

EVeryone has the tools to fight depression, and it has nothing to do with biomeds!
you're entitled to your opinion but it isnt based on current medical knowledge.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Yes it is, if you actually do your homework and recognise what depression really is!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Yes it is, if you actually do your homework and recognise what depression really is!
so you know more than the medical profession do you?
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

The medical profession is getting involved in something that is none of their business, just to make even more money!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
The medical profession is getting involved in something that is none of their business, just to make even more money!
Ahhh what? Depression isnt part of human health and well being? F youre a moron! #-o #-o
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Striker wrote:

Striker the AVN have been told to change their name because it is misleading. They are an anti-vaccine group. The action of Fair Trading NSW is to force that out into the open with a more appropriate name for themselves.

NOT everyone has the tools to fight depression and you bet it has something to do with biomeds! That's why it's a problem that the medical profession should be dealing with! And is!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

BULLSHIT! If you don't have the tools then you aren't human! Simple!

The AVN is an information centre that does the job that the government SHOULD be doing! They aren't anti vaccine! They provide both sides of vaccinations and let the readers decide! And anyone with any sense will see that there's a problem!
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

There is not one single reference to the right side of the argument! Only the wrong side! They say "Both Sides" and yet they only show one! The wrong one! If they showed both then that might not be so bad, because anyone with any sense will see that there is NO problem!

That first remark will be treated with the contempt it deserves.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Hey dickhead the site links to the government health sites in case you didn't notice!