Depression/Mental Illness discussion Fight Club Rules Apply

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Depression/Mental Illness discussion Fight Club Rules Apply

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Yeah get with the times. Tha ACC has exposed that drug policy as NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Best practice? The instant they use drugs they cop PUNISHMENT! That's the ONLY way to get the message across! Anything less is open to abuse, as the AFL were already told by Collingwood in case you forgot! No more three strikes BS! One strike and you're out - like it is with PED's in the NRL by the way!! I want that expanded to illicit drugs and after this I think we will.
So a depressed player dabbling in drugs as an escape to their torture should be banned on their first offense? Wow, nice way to abandon someone in trouble :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Re: NRL - drugged up cheats abound!

Post by Striker »

SHouldn't be depressed to begin with. If they're depressed they shouldn't be in the game to begin with. Only losers get depressed.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
SHouldn't be depressed to begin with. If they're depressed they shouldn't be in the game to begin with. Only losers get depressed.
Oh my. Now youre banning depression!

Seriously, give up. You have NFI! #-o #-o #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Why be depressed? Why? Come one, you're the so called expert. Explain it to me!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Why be depressed? Why? Come one, you're the so called expert. Explain it to me!
Depression is a mental illness! Environmental conditions and even family history play a significant role. Next you'll blame people for developing cancer, or heart disease! :roll:
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Depression is NOT a mental illness!!! What a load of shit! If there's an environmental problem that's not depression! That's something else entirely! So your follow up comment is irrelevant.

Now again, why be depressed?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Depression is NOT a mental illness!!! What a load of shit! If there's an environmental problem that's not depression! That's something else entirely! So your follow up comment is irrelevant.

Your stupidity knows no bounds! #-o

From beyond blue:
http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=89
Depression is more than just a low mood - it's a serious illness. While we all feel sad, moody or low from time to time, some people experience these feelings intensely, for long periods of time and often without reason. People with depression find it hard to function every day and may be reluctant to participate in activities they once enjoyed.

Depression is one of the most common of all mental health problems. One in five people experience depression at some stage of their lives.
http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=depression
Major depression is a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. It is a serious medical illness that affects one’s thoughts, feelings, behavior, mood and physical health. Depression is a life-long condition in which periods of wellness alternate with recurrences of illness.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Beyond Blue has just lost my respect. And Yank websites are the worst sources of all.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Beyond Blue has just lost my respect. And Yank websites are the worst sources of all.
So the mental health experts in the USA and Australia have no idea. :roll:

What about Canada? http://www.cmha.ca/mental-health/unders ... epression/
One of Canada's most common illnesses is also the least understood. Everyone feels "blue" or sad from time to time. It's a normal life experience. But when these emotions increase in intensity, persist for more than a few weeks, and start to interfere with a person's life, it may signal depression. No amount of "cheering up" can make the depression go away; no amount of exercise, vitamins or vacation can make it disappear. That's because depression is an illness, not a weakness.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Boy are you a gullible little coward, X!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Boy are you a gullible little coward, X!
Me and the world of modern medicine it would seem. We're all gullible :lol: :lol: :lol:
pookus
Seniors
Seniors
Team: North Melbourne

Post by pookus »

Striker wrote:

You ignorant moron.You and people like you are the reason many can not open up and throw themselves off bridges. Depression is very real and very prevalent. Unfortunately the ignorant cockheads are also very real and also just as prevalent.Do yourself a favour and read Heath Blacks book" BLACK" you may learn something you ignorant pig.But something tells me its a long time since you read a book.
Striker
Coach
Coach

Post by Striker »

Modern medicine? Chuck a pill at it and it will all go away is modern medicine. Keep that away from me!

Opening up is the way to avoid depression, Pook, you dumb cluck! Yell it out and all that! Depression is a stupid excuse and I won't tolerate it. Someone says "I'm depressed" I'll slap them across the face and tell them to grow a set and stop being so fucking weak! You know what the real problem is? Molly coddling!
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Modern medicine? Chuck a pill at it and it will all go away is modern medicine. Keep that away from me!

Opening up is the way to avoid depression, Pook, you dumb cluck! Yell it out and all that! Depression is a stupid excuse and I won't tolerate it. Someone says "I'm depressed" I'll slap them across the face and tell them to grow a set and stop being so fucking weak! You know what the real problem is? Molly coddling!
Wow, so much ignorance in one post! :roll:

1. Modern medicine is based on, and enhanced through peer reviewed research. Current medical practice is then shaped by this research meaning that it is evidence based. This is fact! I see it every day. When medication is used as treatment this is because the results of this medication have been shown through controlled research to be the most likely to produce the best outcome.

2. Your assessment of depression is totally incorrect and one of the very reasons depression is so poorly understood and tolerated in the community. Why you think you know better than psychiatrists who study this and other mental illnesses in great detail for around 12 years is beyond me! :roll:
pookus
Seniors
Seniors
Team: North Melbourne

Post by pookus »

Striker wrote:

Thank you striker for proving once and for all you are an ignorant redneck moron. I hope the dark demon never effects your life but you know karmas a bitch.
Over 2000 people kill themselves a year in Australia do you think they do this because they are happy. I suggest you ring Beyond Blue and espouse your theories see if they have a different opinion.
Last edited by pookus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.