Obama in Australia

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Obama in Australia

Post by AFL Warrior »

Yes folks, the most powerful Native in the World is coming to Australia and what is the bet he will be photographed with an AFL ball handpassing it around with the locals, just like he did with Julia in the Oval Office recently. The NRL must be so upset to be sidelined yet again by the superior AFL product! :lol:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Obama in Australia

Post by TLPG »

Have to break my stay off here to advise that this is NOT for this forum. Beau? Please move this to the right forum.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Beaussie »

No doubt like all politicians the world over, they are always impressed by the atheletic abilities of our indigenous game. Obama in particular took an interest in our game during the PM's visit to the oval office.

That aside, I'm not sure I like the idea of American troops being based here.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood

Post by AFL Warrior »

I don't mind a US presence in Australia. What's the alternative a Chinese presence here? Oh silly me, we already have that in the form of International students....
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Oh no....what is this Obama is holding? Nup does not look like an nrl rag to me! :(/

TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Good - this thread is now on the right board. I have deleted three posts - two for slander and one for baiting.
Beaussie wrote:
No doubt like all politicians the world over, they are always impressed by the atheletic abilities of our indigenous game. Obama in particular took an interest in our game during the PM's visit to the oval office.

That aside, I'm not sure I like the idea of American troops being based here.
The US troops have been here on and off since WW2, Beau. Whether we like it or not they are valuable military allies. They need a base closer to the hot spots in the Middle East (ie Afghanistan) and Darwin is ideal. It would also provide the option of their troops helping out with the running of the base freeing up more of our troops for things like border protection and catching the boats of refugees.

Not sure that they would enjoy the weather though!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Removed a bunch of off topic abusive posts between Eels Fan and AFL Warrior and a baiting post by Raider Dave that was also off topic (as in it belongs on the Fight Club).

Edit - note that this thread, while it is linked in the Fight Club, is NOT subject to the freewheeling abuse that is the norm on TFC. This thread is on the General Board and the forum rules apply, and that includes abuse and threats to moderators.

Further edit - locked due to children refusing to accept the decision. Grow up.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST