Tortured Kitten

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Tortured Kitten

Post by Beaussie »

SMH wrote:
Hunt for boys who tortured kitten
January 20, 2005 - 4:05PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Hun ... 64032.html

Teenagers who tortured a kitten may escape new, harsher animal cruelty penalties if police suspicions are correct and they are juveniles.

Instead, they may only get counselling, RSPCA chief inspector Don Robinson said today.

Three boys caught on closed circuit TV (CCTV) stoned, stomped on and twice ran over an eight-week-old kitten with a bicycle at Sydney's Seven Hills railway station around 2.30am (AEDT) on Saturday, police said.

"We will take it as far as we can ... we'd like to see the full weight of the law brought against these people if it's possible," Mr Robinson said.

"(But) they come under the young offenders Act if they are juveniles and police may well deal with them as a counselling service.

"But we should wait and see what happens here."

The stray was kicked onto the train line after being brutalised and left for dead.

But she survived, rescued by police called to the platform by a stationmaster.

"The cat was for some reason retrieved from the line and brought to the platform where the atrocity, and I say atrocity, was committed," Blacktown Local Area Commander Superintendent Les Wales said today.

"This was a pathetic incident - sickening in every sense of the word - and we need support from the public to help identify these offenders."

Named Shelley after one of the officers who saved her, the kitten is recuperating well after two operations to heal broken bones and internal injuries.

She is being put up for adoption by the RSPCA, which has been caring for her.

Changes in 2003 doubled the penalty for aggravated animal cruelty to a $22,000 fine and/or two years in jail.

But Supt Wales said the CCTV indicated the attackers were aged under 18 years and would therefore escape the harshness of the penalty set for adults.

"That's a matter for the courts. The matter for us and the RSPCA is to put this matter before the court," he said.

And while he subscribed to a criminology theory that young animal torturers have a predisposition to violent crime later in life, Supt Wales was also concerned at the apparent lack of parental control.

"I have a difficulty with young male persons being out unaccompanied, without any sort form of parental supervision, at 2.30am," he said.

"I guess I speak as a father on that particular issue, but the fact is I believe those capable of such an horrific crime could do anything."

One of the three is described by police as having distinctive orange hair and possibly being of Pacific Islander appearance.

The other two were of white/European appearance, wearing dark T-shirts, jeans and baseball caps.

They also had a near-new blue bicycle, possibly a Christmas present.

Police intended releasing the CCTV footage today.

AAP

Just saw the CCTV footage on the late news. Sickening is all I can say.

And what's the likely penalty if these merkins are found.... counselling for the fucking monsters. :evil: :roll:

I just hope Shelley finds a nice new loving home.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

All I can say is that the culprits are likely to be League Unlimited members - sickening bunch. These are the people who go on to abuse wives and partners as the link between violence to animals and violence against partners in later life is undoubtedly clear.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Absolutely pathetic individuals.

Excuse me for the graphic nature of this, but it reminds me of an incident several years back where two 8-week old pups were taken from their home and had their heads belted and crushed with a hammer. What could possibly possess anyone of any age to even think of commiting such sickening acts?

And crocodileman is right, it's actually been proven that people who do such things to animals almost always go on to treat people in the same manner (ie aggravated assualt, murder).

I can't see counselling doing anything constructive for these morons either.

I'm sure Shelly won't have any trouble finding a new home.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
EvilGeee.
Team:

Post by EvilGeee. »

I'm not a fan of kittens/cats, but I abhor cruelty to animals of any kind. Regardless of their age, these turds should be hit with full extent of the law.

Here......have a drumstick.

LU, where paranoia runs amok.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

EvilGeee. wrote:
I'm not a fan of kittens/cats, but I abhor cruelty to animals of any kind. Regardless of their age, these turds should be hit with full extent of the law.
With 2 of these fucking pricks being juveniles, the worst they will get is counselling. :evil: :roll:
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

Some sick bastards around, down here we have had someone murdering kittens aswell :cry:
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

that makes me sick. I cant beleive how someone could do that do a animal? :?
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

Sadly there are a few sick people in this world that take pleasure in torturing defenseless animals. Someone really should give these sick pricks a little of their own medicine sadly though all they will get is a fine and a slap on the wrist... :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Cruelty to animals just gets me so wild. :evil:
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

Reading about how that poor animal was tortured, and them getting away pretty much with a slap on the wrist, really does make my blood boil.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I dont understand what all this fuss is about? Havent you guys ever tried the ol kitten lawnmower trick? Or the puppy in the microwave? Comon guys its just innocent fun. Torture is cool I used to torture kittens heaps but now i prefer puppies and real live humans. :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

I cannot say I ever tried it, though my cat did prove that Cats always land on their feet, the stupid thing jump off the top of the stairs, would of hurt his leg.
Dave.

You may be only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Glasgow Celtic
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Re: Tortured Kitten

Post by Glasgow Celtic »

Beaussie wrote:
SMH wrote:
Hunt for boys who tortured kitten
January 20, 2005 - 4:05PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Hun ... 64032.html

Teenagers who tortured a kitten may escape new, harsher animal cruelty penalties if police suspicions are correct and they are juveniles.

Instead, they may only get counselling, RSPCA chief inspector Don Robinson said today.

Three boys caught on closed circuit TV (CCTV) stoned, stomped on and twice ran over an eight-week-old kitten with a bicycle at Sydney's Seven Hills railway station around 2.30am (AEDT) on Saturday, police said.

"We will take it as far as we can ... we'd like to see the full weight of the law brought against these people if it's possible," Mr Robinson said.

"(But) they come under the young offenders Act if they are juveniles and police may well deal with them as a counselling service.

"But we should wait and see what happens here."

The stray was kicked onto the train line after being brutalised and left for dead.

But she survived, rescued by police called to the platform by a stationmaster.

"The cat was for some reason retrieved from the line and brought to the platform where the atrocity, and I say atrocity, was committed," Blacktown Local Area Commander Superintendent Les Wales said today.

"This was a pathetic incident - sickening in every sense of the word - and we need support from the public to help identify these offenders."

Named Shelley after one of the officers who saved her, the kitten is recuperating well after two operations to heal broken bones and internal injuries.

She is being put up for adoption by the RSPCA, which has been caring for her.

Changes in 2003 doubled the penalty for aggravated animal cruelty to a $22,000 fine and/or two years in jail.

But Supt Wales said the CCTV indicated the attackers were aged under 18 years and would therefore escape the harshness of the penalty set for adults.

"That's a matter for the courts. The matter for us and the RSPCA is to put this matter before the court," he said.

And while he subscribed to a criminology theory that young animal torturers have a predisposition to violent crime later in life, Supt Wales was also concerned at the apparent lack of parental control.

"I have a difficulty with young male persons being out unaccompanied, without any sort form of parental supervision, at 2.30am," he said.

"I guess I speak as a father on that particular issue, but the fact is I believe those capable of such an horrific crime could do anything."

One of the three is described by police as having distinctive orange hair and possibly being of Pacific Islander appearance.

The other two were of white/European appearance, wearing dark T-shirts, jeans and baseball caps.

They also had a near-new blue bicycle, possibly a Christmas present.

Police intended releasing the CCTV footage today.

AAP

string the bastards up from a lamppost, or do to them wot they did to the kitten. simple as :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
the english monarchy are good for only one thing, TARGET PRACTICE!

Image Image
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

No its not simple as that GC. Have you ever heard the expression "Curiosity killed the cat"?

These people who kill and torture cats are curious. Its been happening for millenia and these innocent experiments may well have been what sparked the birth of science, which has saved so many thousands of cat and human lives.

I say do what you like with the animals. Havent you ever seen kittens torturing cockroaches? What comes around goes around :wink: :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tortured Kitten

Post by Beaussie »

Glasgow Celtic wrote:
string the bastards up from a lamppost, or do to them wot they did to the kitten. simple as :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm with you GC. Animal cruelty makes my blood boil. :evil: :evil: :evil: