What is Australia's best beer?

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

What is Australia's best beer?

Post by crocodileman »

From a person who grew up in Qld, I was always a XXXX man, and I still have a soft spot for it now. But I would have to say Crown Lager is my favourite brew. I detest Hahn and quite like all Toohey's beers.

Still, the trend today is for mid strength beers and there are very few that still have the full bodied taste.

I'm open to new beers if anyone has any personal favourites.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Re: What is Australia's best beer?

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

crocodileman wrote:
From a person who grew up in Qld, I was always a XXXX man, and I still have a soft spot for it now. But I would have to say Crown Lager is my favourite brew. I detest Hahn and quite like all Toohey's beers.

Still, the trend today is for mid strength beers and there are very few that still have the full bodied taste.

I don't really drink all that often (unfortunately :lol: ), and when I do, its usually only lights :cry: .

But I do enjoy a crowny on occasion and I must admit that they would be the top of my list also. Fine drop.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
crocodileman wrote:

I don't really drink all that often (unfortunately :lol: ), and when I do, its usually only lights :cry: .

But I do enjoy a crowny on occasion and I must admit that they would be the top of my list also. Fine drop.
Hold on Dizzi, I can distinctly remember you posting as Uppy80 on our previous site saying that the last time you went to a One Day International you were going crazy throwing chicken around and nearly got evicted. :shock:

Are you sure you only drink occasionally?
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

crocodileman wrote:
Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
crocodileman wrote:

Hold on Dizzi, I can distinctly remember you posting as Uppy80 on our previous site saying that the last time you went to a One Day International you were going crazy throwing chicken around and nearly got evicted. :shock:

Are you sure you only drink occasionally?
LOL :lol:

Ah, good work. You caught me.

Well the truth is I didn't have "much" to do with launching projectiles in the form of half-eaten pieces of the Colonel's finest, more of an on-looker who just helped out on occasion :wink:

But yes, the Cricket provides a fantastic opportunity to waste away the brains cells in the name of good fun...... especially when the run rate for the entire day was about 2.5/over :lol:

You certainly feel every single bump in the road going home on the bus the next morning, that's for sure.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

You certainly feel every single bump in the road going home on the bus the next morning, that's for sure.[/quote]

Is that in the bus coming home from a night in the lock up? :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Beaussie »

Carlton Draught man myself, although I do have a soft spot for Fosters. Absolutely loved the Fosters advertising campaign during the Sydney Olympics. Yeah I know, I'm just a sucker for a good Aussie advertising campaign. :)
Harold
Team:

Post by Harold »

Living in Bondi now I am growing accustomed to New, but in the past I was a XXXX drinker
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Harold wrote:
Living in Bondi now I am growing accustomed to New, but in the past I was a XXXX drinker
Despite what many Southeners say, XXXX really is a very good drop. I also like their Castlemaine Dry, although I havent tasted it for a while!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

West End and Coopers Pale Ale....none of this Tooheys shit!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Beaussie wrote:
Carlton Draught man myself, although I do have a soft spot for Fosters. Absolutely loved the Fosters advertising campaign during the Sydney Olympics. Yeah I know, I'm just a sucker for a good Aussie advertising campaign. :)
Great to see you money goes to supporting Victorian football teams!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh grim you have some fine taste there. Coopers pale ale for myself too.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Great to see you money goes to supporting Victorian football teams!
Carlton Draught is actually the official beer of the Sydney Swans. I'm just supporting my club.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

When recently in NT and SA I got to try West End Draught. Must say not bad at all.

How about their corny slogan West End Your Thirst :lol:
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

Carlton Cold
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

Beaussie wrote:
fosters is english for a start, the only reason that we hjave any ties to it at all anymore is that it sells more if its an 'aussie' beer, its pom and american trash what are you talking about? lol