Global Warming, Fact or Fiction?

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Easts
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Global Warming, Fact or Fiction?

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

This article appeared in an Australian Newspaper(1911) , regarding the oppressive conditions in the U.S at the time. It seems the Global Warming industry was around even back then :wink:

A Chicago theorist has advanced the
idea that the heat generated by the great
cities at the present day is changing
their climates to a marked degree. Observations covering many years, he says,
demonstrate that the climate of New York
has become both warmer and drier with
the growth of the city. The rainfall has
dropped in recent years from an average
of 45in. to 40in.

He then goes on to talk about the Chicago Fires and earthquakes in San Francisco. CO2 really does have a lot to answer for
:wink:

Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

Why are they fudging the figures?

The Australian Bureau of Meteorology deleted what was long regarded as the hottest day ever recorded in Australia, Bourke’s 125°F (51.7°C) on Sunday, January 3, 1909. This record* was deleted, falsely claiming that this was likely some sort of ‘observational error’, as no other official weather stations recorded high temperatures on that day.

However, the Liberal Member for Hughes, Craig Kelly, has visited the Australian National Archive at Chester Hill in western Sydney to view very old meteorological observation books. It has taken Kelly some months to track down this historical evidence. Through access to the archived book for the weather station at Brewarrina, which is the nearest official weather station to Bourke, it can now be confirmed that a temperature of 123°F (50.6°C) was recorded at Brewarrina for January 3 1909. This totally contradicts claims from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology that only Bourke recorded an extraordinarily hot temperature on that day.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: more fudging and cover ups.

If we are to be honest to our history, then the record hot day at Bourke of 51.7°C (125°F) must be re-instated and, further, the very hot 50.6°C (123°F) recorded for Brewarrina on the same day must be entered into the official databases.

Also, the temperature of 51.1°C (124°F) recorded at White Cliffs on January 12, 1939, must be recognised as the second hottest ever.

For these temperatures to be denied by the Bureau because they occurred in the past, before catastrophic human-caused global warming is thought to have come into effect, is absurd.

At a time in world history when Australians are raising concerns about the Chinese communist party removing books from Libraries in Hong Kong, we should be equally concerned with the Australian Bureau of Meteorology removing temperature records from our history.

Hotter temperatures were recorded in 1896 but the mercury thermometers were not in Stevenson screens, which is considered the standard

https://www.spectator.com.au/2020/07/re ... australia/

Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Fred »

I’m thinking you are believing Trump won the election lol ?

Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

Fred wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:53 pm I’m thinking you are believing Trump won the election lol ?
He didn't :hmm: Are you sure?
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Fred (Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:10 pm)

pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

Good to hear some facts for a change?

pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

Antartica Cooling (not warming) .... But, But, But

Antartic ice increasing ... but, But, But

World greening (not turning into a dust bowl) But, But, But

Footy Fan
Team: Sea Eagles
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Footy Fan »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:15 am Fact.....I’m surprised anyone still questions it.
Probably was warming naturally as it has done in the past, but humans have sped the process up alarmingly.

I first noticed it many years ago when my native plants started flowering earlier every season.
Makes me laugh how so many people from Melbourne have been indoctrinated when they went to school or uni by this fake news called climate change.

I used to believe in it when it was called it global warming as a very young kid. A bit like how I used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too.

But as I got older I was educated about how much of a load of bull it actually is. When they could not prove the Earth is always warming, they changed the name to climate change. Anything to push the leftist agenda.

The school I went to as a kid is 1 metre above sea level. We were told many times that it will be underwater when the sea levels rise from the ice cap melting.

Guess what. The school and all the Rugby and Soccer fields are still sitting the same 1 metre above sea level 30 plus years later. The water level is still at the same level at the wharf too.

Now anyone with common sense is going to know climate change is bullshit when they see facts like this.

What about all these predictions of endless drought from climate change when we had the bushfires in 2019/20.
Then we get a whole lot of rain in 2020/21.

They can't even get the weather right a week ahead. Let alone decades ahead.

So many of the fake news climate change predictions have never eventuated. Infact pretty much all of them. Do your research people. It is all a con and a massive scam.
Last edited by Footy Fan on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Footy Fan
Team: Sea Eagles
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Footy Fan »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm Antartica Cooling (not warming) .... But, But, But

Antartic ice increasing ... but, But, But

World greening (not turning into a dust bowl) But, But, But
Mate good to see someone else can see through the fake news of climate change.

I look at believing in climate change the same way I look at people who believe the world is flat.

Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Team: North Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Footy Fan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:15 am Fact.....I’m surprised anyone still questions it.
Probably was warming naturally as it has done in the past, but humans have sped the process up alarmingly.

I first noticed it many years ago when my native plants started flowering earlier every season.
Makes me laugh how so many people from Melbourne have been indoctrinated when they went to school or uni by this fake news called climate change.

I used to believe in it when it was called it global warming as a very young kid. A bit like how I used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too.

But as I got older I was educated about how much of a load of bull it actually is. When they could not prove the Earth is always warming, they changed the name to climate change. Anything to push the leftist agenda.

The school I went to as a kid is 1 metre above sea level. We were told many times that it will be underwater when the sea levels rise from the ice cap melting.

Guess what. The school and all the Rugby and Soccer fields are still sitting the same 1 metre above sea level 30 plus years later. The water level is still at the same level at the wharf too.

Now anyone with common sense is going to know climate change is bullshit when they see facts like this.

What about all these predictions of endless drought from climate change when we had the bushfires in 2019/20.
Then we get a whole lot of rain in 2020/21.

They can't even get the weather right a week ahead. Let alone decades ahead.

So many of the fake news climate change predictions have never eventuated. Infact pretty much all of them. Do your research people. It is all a con and a massive scam.
I haven’t been to school for a very, very long time. I wasn’t taught, informed, advised or indoctrinated on global warming in any form, wasn’t mentioned. I am seeing it happen, it varies from year to year, but I have no doubt it is getting gradually warmer and have seen no credible evidence to the contrary.

The Arctic ice cap melting will not add to the sea level, because the volume of ice is equal to the volume of water when melted. The ice covering Antartica, Greenland and Canada is a different matter. Currently the Arctic ice is melting at a faster rate than the ice covered land because it has direct contact with the warmer oceans.

It will take more than a century for the sea to rise more than a metre, unless the heat progression increases, but even that 5ha5 will be disastrous for many coastal cities. Fauna and flora will be affected well before that.

There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

The highest temperatures (Raw) and not massaged and manipulated by the Board Of Meteorology, were just as hot going back100 years as they are today. Check out the old newspapers on the trove site.

Droughts , floods, bushfires and any other natural disaster haven't became more frequent nor more sever. Regardless of what the media , Al Gore or Santa clause is telling you.

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Fred »

Worst that can happen is the world is a little cleaner and a little nicer place to live if they are wrong.

Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors

If they bring in all there left wing greeny ideas we will be living in a 3rd world nation unable to watch the footy because of the constant blackouts.

Be like holidaying in Melbourne.