Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Post Reply
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

I see this every week - I have no idea - and kids kicking the footy on the other oval or playing on the games they have there for them. It is very strange.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:51 pm I see this every week - I have no idea - and kids kicking the footy on the other oval or playing on the games they have there for them. It is very strange.
yeah quite strange.. i do not know the reason..


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

Not as much hype for the Richmond V Suns game. I reckon they will get a similar if not bigger crowd. Not bad for RL heartland.


Veni, vidi, vici
Pete__09
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:35 am
Team: Brisbane Lions
Location: Brisbane
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Pete__09 »

The Suns Richmond game will be massive. I predict a sell out.

Richmond are a massive footy club & the suns are getting a lot better.


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:11 pm The Suns Richmond game will be massive. I predict a sell out.

Richmond are a massive footy club & the suns are getting a lot better.
8-[

:-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

like you predicted a sellout last week you fumbling mong ?
wasn't close to

same as this week won't be either , they're aren't enough ex pat derping twats to fill Metricon :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:55 pm Not as much hype for the Richmond V Suns game. I reckon they will get a similar if not bigger crowd. Not bad for RL heartland.
i reckon they'll get a similar sized TV audience too in SE QLD , which wasn't much bigger then the crowd :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

the derps & oopsies , embarrassingly average support in QLD :cool:


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:55 pm Not as much hype for the Richmond V Suns game. I reckon they will get a similar if not bigger crowd. Not bad for RL heartland.
depends how many made the trip from Melbourne to QLD for a holiday and game

I predict a slightly smaller crowd.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

Pete__09 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:11 pm The Suns Richmond game will be massive. I predict a sell out.

Richmond are a massive footy club & the suns are getting a lot better.
If they couldn’t get a sell out at the pies game I doubt they’ll get on at this one


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9503
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Beaussie »

Good signs for future growth.





"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:37 pm Good signs for future growth.



lemme get this right

the thuns V collingdon .. which had a bog average crowd to start with
had 3300 kids ( probably 3000 vict*ards on hols ) who didn't even pay to get in :hmm:

jesus :-k
thats alarming ... the crowd was padded with ex pat sthn mongs to start with but 21% freebies on top of that & barely anyone watching on TV in SE QLD
wow
the vicderpian game just not resonating with Qlders :cool:


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9503
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Beaussie »

I think this AFL initiative Australian wide is a great idea to get juniors engaged and attending games with their parents also in attendance. A code that is listening to fan feedback is good to see.


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

while i agree it is a good incentive it does boost numbers to make them look alot better.

10.333 free tickets to a big Melbourne game>

21% free to the Suns game on top of the almost giveaway memberships on offer.


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9503
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:47 am while i agree it is a good incentive it does boost numbers to make them look alot better.

10.333 free tickets to a big Melbourne game>

21% free to the Suns game on top of the almost giveaway memberships on offer.
Curious on your thoughts for comparisons with the Melbourne Storm crowds and membership numbers made up of 23,000 free memberships for anyone who was a member in 2021, along with free memberships for all RL juniors in Victoria?



No club that I am aware of in the AFL offered free memberships and the Swans and Giants faced similar issues to the Storm in not being able to play in NSW due to covid and lockdowns. I know I didn’t get anything free from my Swans membership, despite not being able to see my team play in NSW for much of 2021.

Good on the Suns with their discounted memberships for the last remaining home games I reckon. Kids free entry is another good initiative to engage potential new fans and help boost crowds, hopefully turning those new fans into returning fans and future members.


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:03 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:47 am while i agree it is a good incentive it does boost numbers to make them look alot better.

10.333 free tickets to a big Melbourne game>

21% free to the Suns game on top of the almost giveaway memberships on offer.
Curious on your thoughts for comparisons with the Melbourne Storm crowds and membership numbers made up of 23,000 free memberships for anyone who was a member in 2021, along with free memberships for all RL juniors in Victoria?

No club that I am aware of in the AFL offered free memberships and the Swans and Giants faced similar issues to the Storm in not being able to play in NSW due to covid and lockdowns.

that is an easy one
AFL clubs rorted there fans

paid up members in 2021 got nothing out of it.. so it is not actually free at all>

they paid for memberships and packages for games and got nothing in return.

it was simply rolled over, and storm received no income from these members in 2022


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:03 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:47 am while i agree it is a good incentive it does boost numbers to make them look alot better.

10.333 free tickets to a big Melbourne game>

21% free to the Suns game on top of the almost giveaway memberships on offer.
Curious on your thoughts for comparisons with the Melbourne Storm crowds and membership numbers made up of 23,000 free memberships for anyone who was a member in 2021, along with free memberships for all RL juniors in Victoria?

No club that I am aware of in the AFL offered free memberships and the Swans and Giants faced similar issues to the Storm in not being able to play in NSW due to covid and lockdowns.

i know there was news and little bad press about AFL Clubs not refunding >>


think of it this way, if you bought a package for a holiday >> and bad weather prevented you from going.
would you want a refund ??

if you buy a 12 month Telstra Phone and coverage failed you in your area for length of contract would you want a refund


Melbourne Storm did the right thing.. how the AFL clubs got away with it and Fans are not in an uproar about it, is beyond me

it is like you all nodded to your CEO's and GILL and agreed as one


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 2 guests