Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Post Reply
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am 15k on FTA in Brisbane / Gold Coast watched the SUNS v Port in a game that was within 2 points.

There is your SUNS popularity.
holy fucking hell :shock:

3 million plus people with ............ nothing .. else on & this is what the Thuns rate ? :hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

cehar5 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am 15k on FTA in Brisbane / Gold Coast watched the SUNS v Port in a game that was within 2 points.

There is your SUNS popularity.
Wow that sucks. Basically no support. What do titans rate generally?
The last time the titans were on FTA TV, was 5 weeks ago on May 22nd which just so happened to be a sunday afternoon also V Cronulla.
it rated
96K in Brisbane/Gold Coast

anyone thinking there is a contest between these 2 sides is a moron
https://tvtonight.com.au/2022/05/sunday ... -2022.html


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

cehar5 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am 15k on FTA in Brisbane / Gold Coast watched the SUNS v Port in a game that was within 2 points.

There is your SUNS popularity.
Wow that sucks. Basically no support. What do titans rate generally?
what Truthbomber said was a good equivalent (96k for a afternoon game) same start time too.
Primetime can vary in that range to 120k for the Titans games

Suns FTA games generally rate from 15k to 22k
I expect a lift for this Saturday's game against Collingwood.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

I think too, that ratings for Titans games do not necessarily correspond to popularity and possibly more to NRL being popular and also the team they are playing - as it is RL heartland. Bit like people in Melbourne watching an AFL game that doesn't have their team playing. Also, the suns game was mainly up against the Pies game on fox. I, for one, had to choose, and am sure I am probably not alone.


Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

I think that is a thing AFL do well - think about their schedule - Putting Pies and Tigers against the Suns in the school holidays.


Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:53 am I think too, that ratings for Titans games do not necessarily correspond to popularity and possibly more to NRL being popular and also the team they are playing - as it is RL heartland. Bit like people in Melbourne watching an AFL game that doesn't have their team playing. Also, the suns game was mainly up against the Pies game on fox. I, for one, had to choose, and am sure I am probably not alone.
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

just Titans games dickhead ?
ya don't think the thuns live off the support of the other teams they play too ?

horses for courses fumblers :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

truthbomber wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:53 am I think too, that ratings for Titans games do not necessarily correspond to popularity and possibly more to NRL being popular and also the team they are playing - as it is RL heartland. Bit like people in Melbourne watching an AFL game that doesn't have their team playing. Also, the suns game was mainly up against the Pies game on fox. I, for one, had to choose, and am sure I am probably not alone.
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

just Titans games dickhead ?
ya don't think the thuns live off the support of the other teams they play too ?

horses for courses fumblers :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
cmon Truthbomber you don't have to call someone a dickhead, "Language" in a discussion right or wrong.


Pete__09
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:35 am
Team: Brisbane Lions
Location: Brisbane
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Pete__09 »

The Suns vs Collingwood game this Saturday night will be massive.

The Suns are improving rapidly & Collingwood have won 5 games in a row & are probably the biggest sporting club in Australia as much as I hate them.

I predict possibly a sell out crowd.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

It is hard to buy tickets if you go on ticketek however it will be wet so much of the corporate side will be inside watching so putting it out there now that that may be the case. I know where I would have bought if I had have had the for-sight to check the weather!!!

I think it holds 22000 however they had planned for 27000 going by some pages on google. AFL site has 22000 - another site says 27000 but think this was done pre-construction and was initial plan?? Then again record crowd is listed as 24,032 (05/07/14: AFL: Gold Coast Suns v Collingwood) - so who knows. Somewhere between those two but do know capacity has been reduced since then due to promotional seating they have and the pool being put in.

Rarely do you ever get a ground being at its stated full capacity due to a number of reasons - I will go with about 20,500 - which will be an awesome crowd - a full stadium is always a great atmosphere.


Veni, vidi, vici
cehar5
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun May 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Team: Demons storm
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by cehar5 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:48 am
cehar5 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am 15k on FTA in Brisbane / Gold Coast watched the SUNS v Port in a game that was within 2 points.

There is your SUNS popularity.
Wow that sucks. Basically no support. What do titans rate generally?
what Truthbomber said was a good equivalent (96k for a afternoon game) same start time too.
Primetime can vary in that range to 120k for the Titans games

Suns FTA games generally rate from 15k to 22k
I expect a lift for this Saturday's game against Collingwood.
Seems consistent with the interest between nrl and afl in qld I guess. No question about which is more popular.


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

cehar5 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:14 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:48 am
cehar5 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Wow that sucks. Basically no support. What do titans rate generally?
what Truthbomber said was a good equivalent (96k for a afternoon game) same start time too.
Primetime can vary in that range to 120k for the Titans games

Suns FTA games generally rate from 15k to 22k
I expect a lift for this Saturday's game against Collingwood.
Seems consistent with the interest between nrl and afl in qld I guess. No question about which is more popular.
pretty much, they seem to rate half as what the Lions do, interesting enough it is the same case with GWS
they rate around half of the swans.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 117 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by Fred »

Difference with Suns that they are in a smaller market than GWS. both clubs are also competing already established clubs in their vicinity -


Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:45 am
truthbomber wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:53 am I think too, that ratings for Titans games do not necessarily correspond to popularity and possibly more to NRL being popular and also the team they are playing - as it is RL heartland. Bit like people in Melbourne watching an AFL game that doesn't have their team playing. Also, the suns game was mainly up against the Pies game on fox. I, for one, had to choose, and am sure I am probably not alone.
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

just Titans games dickhead ?
ya don't think the thuns live off the support of the other teams they play too ?

horses for courses fumblers :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
cmon Truthbomber you don't have to call someone a dickhead, "Language" in a discussion right or wrong.
something about a shoe fitting


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

Pete__09 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:58 am The Suns vs Collingwood game this Saturday night will be massive.

The Suns are improving rapidly & Collingwood have won 5 games in a row & are probably the biggest sporting club in Australia as much as I hate them.

I predict possibly a sell out crowd.
im predicting it will be outrated on tv by a kids cartoon movie in the Brisbane/ GC market
hence the label .. massive .. is a gross exaggeration & a stark example of this fumbling vicderpian trash sport being anything but massive in QLD :cool:


truthbomber
Captain
Captain
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:57 am
Team: Cobar Roosters
Location: The Ord river
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Battle of the Gold Coast - Suns vs Titans

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:25 pm Difference with Suns that they are in a smaller market than GWS. both clubs are also competing already established clubs in their vicinity -
:hmm:
who are the established clubs the thuns are competing with in their vicinity ?

its the Tits
& only the Tits , & they were hardly established you halfwit only starting up 4 years earlier :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/

& they're getting monstered by the Tits too :cool:


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 2 guests