AFL / NRL Finals TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Finals Ratings

Post by Fred »

Will be interesting to see if NRL are down too.

I wonder what has contributed to the AFL being down? We have lockdown in Victoria so they should boost ratings however I’m not sure if SA, Tassie and WA were in lockdown last finals series?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:45 pm
You do know the NRL is the dominant code on Brisbane. I would think a game to determine who made the 8 would or should rate 200,000 in Brisbane.
Sunday arvo gets poor ratings ratings for BOTH codes. But saying that they did, and it wasnt on FTA game. You can't expect a lot when your playing NZ and its 40 or 50 to nil. Saying that however, there were over a quarter of a million watching on PTV and there would of been another 100k watching on Kayo.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:49 pm
Hey Beaussie

Could you give us a table comparing the finals of each code (week 1 v Week 1).

Also, the AFL GF - being up against the NRL prelim? Should be interesting. Do you think the NRL may move it so it isn't. This isn't an NRL V AFL thing - I would expect the AFL to move a prelim if up against an NRL GF too.
I don't get why the NRL should move it.... the NRL schedule has not changed.

it is the AFL that has, and the AFL could of easily avoided the clash and not played it against the NRL> there were many options on the table,
and they chose to play it up against the NRL's H&A seasons 2nd biggest game outside of GF
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

the ratings will effect both contests
THE NRL PRE LIM and AFL GF

AFL will benefit from a 35min earlier kick off.

the games will finish around the same time.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:45 pm
Hey Beaussie

Also, the AFL GF - being up against the NRL prelim? Should be interesting. Do you think the NRL may move it so it isn't. This isn't an NRL V AFL thing - I would expect the AFL to move a prelim if up against an NRL GF too.

it is the AFL that has, and the AFL could of easily avoided the clash and not played it against the NRL> there were many options on the table,
and they chose to play it up against the NRL's H&A seasons 2nd biggest game outside of GF
I think the thinking may be does the NRL want to go up against the biggest game of AFL for the year? AFL are confident of good ratings but of course both games will not get as higher a rating as they would otherwise. I suspect there would be many more willing to switch from a preliminary final to a marquee event than there is that will turn off an AFL grand final to an NRL game that many outside NSW and QLD would not even know. Whereas people will be more inclined I feel to turn to a marquee event like a Grand final - regardless of code. I would suspect the NRL would be more adversely impacted - how much - who knows. Of course, vice versa.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:41 pm
Hey Beaussie

I think the thinking may be does the NRL want to go up against the biggest game of AFL for the year? AFL are confident of good ratings but of course both games will not get as higher a rating as they would otherwise. I suspect there would be many more willing to switch from a preliminary final to a marquee event than there is that will turn off an AFL grand final to an NRL game that many outside NSW and QLD would not even know. Whereas people will be more inclined I feel to turn to a marquee event like a Grand final - regardless of code. I would suspect the NRL would be more adversely impacted - how much - who knows. Of course, vice versa.
NRL will definitely be more impacted.
figures in Southern States will be slightly effected
QLD AND NSW the combined total will be unknown
could also come down to who is playing in the NRL PRE LIM>
Especially if Souths or Parra get in, they will be the 2 teams that would rate the highest.

of course more Sporting Fans can miss a pre lim or miss half a game.
for the more importance of the FINAL DANCE the Grand Final.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

It is a Big Play by the AFL to do this,

it is the first time is has happened.

AFL AND NRL have usually stayed away from Each Others GRAND FINALS>

AFL have made the 1st move.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Hey Beaussie

I guess its the risk you run when you have a night time Grand Final. Gilligans made it pretty clear - its back to day time next year.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:30 pm

I guess its the risk you run when you have a night time Grand Final. Gilligans made it pretty clear - its back to day time next year.
good point,

Night-Time you can go up against competition and popular shows, which Women Love, pulling that female audience away...

FREDDY you would know that, your Wife seems to have the control on what is watched at night time.

sometimes it works for you sometimes it does not.

Day>time it is clear air, with nothing to worry about..
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

the NRL will barely be affected
some sthners who may have watched their prelim now won't , but they' won't be a big number

the AFL will be affected, because the casual viewers in NSW & QLD who had nothing else to watch except Gilligans island reruns & the gardening show on the ABC
now have a choice & not just slightly better movies

but the penultimate games in the NRL season & as a result the fumbles & derps GF will lose viewers to the NRL because a lot of those veiwers will choose the NRL like they usually would
regardless if its the bumbles n misses GF or not
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I guess we can always look last year when the afl and nrl finals go up against each other on a Friday night ?
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:11 pm
I guess we can always look last year when the afl and nrl finals go up against each other on a Friday night ?
what ? :hmm:
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:37 am
Will be interesting to see if NRL are down too.

I wonder what has contributed to the AFL being down? We have lockdown in Victoria so they should boost ratings however I’m not sure if SA, Tassie and WA were in lockdown last finals series?
The main reason would be its a very boring sport, often out rated by its post match presentation!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Wasn't the AFL in lock down last year? So why do they keep comparing this years ratings with the 2019 season? Could it be there ratings would be dramatically down if they compared apples with apples?

And why do my posts keep getting sent to the fight club section only?
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:34 pm
Wasn't the AFL in lock down last year? So why do they keep comparing this years ratings with the 2019 season? Could it be there ratings would be dramatically down if they compared apples with apples?

And why do my posts keep getting sent to the fight club section only?
i saw this too
comparing this year with 2019 & not last year

the derps & wobblies finals are 500K down on 2020 so they choose 2019 & say 2021 is up :hmm:

:rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol:
typical fumbler move