WOW!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

WOW!

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Am I reading this correctly :hmm:

Carlton
plan to rewrite their constitution to recognise women and First Nations people, and to drastically expand the number of members who can vote in a club election by giving their AFL members a vote.

Wow!
Just how far behind the times are these people?
These users liked the author pussycat Mark 11 for the post:
Pippen1994 (Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:59 pm)
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Re: WOW!

Last edited by pussycat Mark 11 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:25 am
hey jackass.

1. At least Carlton has members who can vote. Most Rugby league clubs football members arent entitled to it. Leagues club members may be entitled to vote on Leagues club operations. Privately owned clubs have little to no say - Souths member co aside.
2. Id put money on no professional football club constitution recognising women or first nations people.
Both organisations are run along different lines. that hardly are bad thing. Neither is having private ownership .

But RL does not discriminate against any individuals, with board members , owners even CEO's, Colour or sex plays no role Aboriginals have played in our code since day 1, and i'm pretty sure Arthur Beetson was the first aboriginal to captain of his country anywhere in the word
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Terry »

I don't wanna rock the boat or upset anyone here so I will just state a couple of facts. George Green played RL in 1908. RL started in Australia in 1908.

Joe Johnson played AR in 1904. AR started in Australia in 1858.

RL's first indigenous player was in day one of the new game. AR's first indigenous player was in day 16,788 of the game.

Thanks. And have a great day!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:09 pm
I don't wanna rock the boat or upset anyone here so I will just state a couple of facts. George Green played RL in 1908. RL started in Australia in 1908.

RL's first indigenous player was in day one of the new game. AR's first indigenous player was in day 16,788 of the game.

Just because you dont have something doesnt change the achievements of another sport.

Rugby league started well before that and Rugby started even earlier. I mean after all, rugby league isnt just australian amirite
Of course you're right Wooks. You always are. It's just that I don't know if there were that many indigenous Australians living in northern England when RL started in 1895.

And it's a great achievement by the AFL. I mean 16,788 isn't that long to wait after all!!!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Just because you dont have something doesnt change the achievements of another sport.

Rugby league started well before that and Rugby started even earlier. I mean after all, rugby league isnt just australian amirite
How is allowing women and Aboriginals the right to vote, in 2021 an achievment.? And if there are any RL clubs who discriminate in this manner please name them because I could'nt find any.

League did start in Enngland - natives? Englishmen, which would have played there also from day 1
Last edited by pussycat Mark 11 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Fred »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am

Carlton
plan to rewrite their constitution to recognise women and First Nations people, and to drastically expand the number of members who can vote in a club election by giving their AFL members a vote.

Wow!

You do realise that this statement is not saying women and aboriginal people can vote in their elections???? There are three points there. Recognising first Nations People in the constitution - like most meetings or gathering, this is what is done nowadays - this is formally doing so in their constitution. I think the role of women and the role they played in the club is also being recognised (point 2). Point 3 - they have expanded the number of members who can vote - like Collingwood, not all members can vote it seems so they are now expanding to more members, the right to vote. The voting, I believe if reading correctly, has nothing to do with the other two points.
Veni, vidi, vici
Pippen1994
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Parra
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pippen1994 »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am

Carlton

Wow!
Basically aflol is 1950's Australia.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

In my humble opinion any sport or organisation that feels the need to rewrite their constitution in 2021 to recognise women and first nations people are admitting to past indiscretions or neglect at the very very least.

I mean this is 163 years after the first game of Aust rules was played. And there is of course a current conversation going on about recognising first nations folk in the Australian constitution. One of the main reasons given is to right previous wrongs.

Thanks and have a great day!!!!!

https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/con ... der-people
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:05 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:57 am
In my humble opinion any sport or organisation that feels the need to rewrite their constitution in 2021 to recognise women and first nations people are admitting to past indiscretions or neglect at the very very least.

I mean this is 163 years after the first game of Aust rules was played. And there is of course a current conversation going on about recognising first nations folk in the Australian constitution. One of the main reasons given is to right previous wrongs.

Thanks and have a great day!!!!!

https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/con ... der-people
In your fucking humble opinion, thats every fucking sporting organisation in the country, and the national constitution. So lets see you chase after all of them.
Are you telling me every sporting organisation in the country is re-writing their constitution to include women and first nations people!!!! Every single one?????? Right now??????
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

This is Pussy not understanding his ratings and metre boxes work all over again lol. You, again, have gone in on a topic and got it all wrong. Three points made pussy. Voting rights has nothing to do with women or First Nation people. At least own you got it wrong like you did with the ratings thing!

The move to officially recognise traditional owners is something that has been having head win for over 10 years now. Every meeting I go to starts with this. I conducted training yesterday and had to lead off with a recognition of traditional owners.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:44 pm
This is Pussy not understanding his ratings and metre boxes work all over again lol. You, again, have gone in on a topic and got it all wrong. Three points made pussy. Voting rights has nothing to do with women or First Nation people. At least own you got it wrong like you did with the ratings thing!

The move to officially recognise traditional owners is something that has been having head win for over 10 years now. Every meeting I go to starts with this. I conducted training yesterday and had to lead off with a recognition of traditional owners.
This is a bit hard to decipher Freddo. But it seems you have not comprehended what this thread is about my friend. PM me and I gently take you through it.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:34 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Are you telling me every sporting organisation in the country is re-writing their constitution to include women and first nations people!!!! Every single one?????? Right now??????
Actually dumbass I never said they were. But they might want to think about it to meet your lofty standards./

They arent. But very few of them would have it.

Dumbass........ lololololo!!!!!!! You're a funny boy Wookster lololool!!!!!! Now: You seem to have missed the point my friend. Some organisations need to have this as they have failed on these issues in the past.

Others have done very well on these issues and have no need to codify what effectively is a mea culpa for the past. I could cite some organisations at both end of the spectrums. But I have no wish to upset you, because upset you I would, if I did name said organisations.

Have a great day Wooks!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
Lookin back (Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:53 am)
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Wookie is right. I think you’ll find this is the way things are heading. There is even a push to recognise First Nation people in the Australian Constitution. I’m surprised other clubs are yet to do this to be honest but think you will see most, if not all, clubs in major sports do so. There may be some “Karen” or old farts who object but as they move on and younger morepeople move into positions of powder this will be the norm. Would’ve interested to know which clubs start meetings with acknowledgement of traditional owners. I’d suspect things like the Brownlow and a Daily M did start with an acknowledgment to traditional owners of the land and to elders part, present and future.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

All that aside…. Pussy totally misread or simply failed to comprehend the actual article ….. let’s it lose sight of that one lol.
Veni, vidi, vici