OoH MY

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

OoH MY

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

'Hmmm...The Australian reporting that Channels 7 and 10 keen to ditch overnight ratings and only release a weekly report that includes catch-up figures.'
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: OoH MY

Post by NlolRL »

what's your point?
Pippen1994
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Parra
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pippen1994 »

Ppl consume TV shows differently these days at different times rather than when broadcasted. Don't know how many ppl are watching football games after result known tho?!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:06 pm
what's your point?
C7 are embarrassed, They obviously want people laughing at there ratings just once a week. Poor ratings from poor business decisions - paying overs :(/ :(/ :(/

I wonder what Mr TV would have to say?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:31 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:06 pm
what's your point?
C7 are embarrassed, They obviously want people laughing at there ratings just once a week. Poor ratings from poor business decisions - paying overs :(/ :(/ :(/

I wonder what Mr TV would have to say?
According to you Ch10 are asking for it too. Also, if they are worried about poor ratings, reporting once a week isn't a solution
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

It just keeps getting worse :cry: for the afl :(/ :(/ :(/

The AFL has projected that the competition will be about $200 million down on revenue in 2021, compared to the pre-COVID-19 environment of two years ago.

But the AFL also says the competition - which includes all 18 clubs and the AFL itself - should be back to normal revenues in 2024, meaning the estimate is that the recovery from the pandemic will take almost three more years.
AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan outlined some of the projections for the game’s finances at a meeting with club chief executives on Tuesday.

The AFL’s prediction to clubs, based on estimates for this year, was that clubs and the AFL would “break even” overall in 2021, with revenue down around $200 million compared with 2019, and with costs reduced heavily to prevent the clubs and competition from running up a debt.

The AFL did not run up a massive debt in 2020 at the height of the pandemic, but the league exhausted its cash reserves, while the clubs’ financial positions varied significantly.

The competition - counting the positions of the 18 clubs - suffered a $600 million reduction in revenue last year, prompting massive cuts in spending that have forced huge job losses at clubs and in the second tiers of the game.

The estimated reduction in revenue from 2019 to this year of $200 million was due to reductions across most areas - crowds/gate revenue, membership yields, sponsorship, and some broadcasting revenue as a result of a re-negotiation with Foxtel and Seven.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan outlined some of the projections for the game’s finances at a meeting with club chief executives on Tuesday.

The AFL has taken a conservative position on debt during the pandemic, choosing to cut spending at clubs and in the running of the game, rather than accumulating a heavy debt to their banks. In practice, this policy has meant the burden of cuts has fallen heavily on football club staff.

Rich clubs lose bid to increase AFL’s soft cap

While the AFL is yet to announce the amount that clubs will be allowed to spend under the “soft cap” on football departments next year, competition sources said it was unlikely to reach $7 million - a round figure that some clubs had hoped possible. Once capped at $9.7 million, the soft cap is only $6.2 million this year, with clubs taxed heavily if they exceed it by a reasonable amount.

The AFL also has to strike a new pay deal with the players for 2022, having reached an agreement in which players lost nine per cent in wages compared with what had been agreed upon before the pandemic. This included a reduction in the size of club lists.

Several clubs are counting on a restoration of a full salary cap for players, having factored that into their negotiations - and deferred payments - to their players.
Real Footy

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl ... 57v4k.html
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

COVID has changed the country, why wouldnt this impact national level sport?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:30 pm
Yeah true!!! However it seems Peter The Great has handled this much better for the NRL than Gilty The Goon has for fumbling!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:43 pm
Yeah true!!! However it seems Peter The Great has handled this much better for the NRL than Gilty The Goon has for fumbling!!!!!
how so? The AFL are operating within their lower revenue so they minimise debt. How are the NRL managing this time any different?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:48 pm
Terry wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:43 pm
how so? The AFL are operating within their lower revenue so they minimise debt. How are the NRL managing this time any different?
RL did not drop $600M in revenue like the AFL.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Have the nrl announced their revenue predictions for the next 3 years?
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:05 pm
Have the nrl announced their revenue predictions for the next 3 years?
There expecting a profit this year.