The self anointed national sport

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by Fred »

Yep. Good idea for them to work together A win win for the nrl and FIT.


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

More Australians watch Rugby League - therefor it should be pretty straight forward to work out wch sport is more popular! :cheers:

And if you need any other help Fred. Streaming number give a clear indication of which sport is more popular in Australia! And if you need any other help Fred a social media poll the other day clearly indicated which code is more popular.

Now to your but, but, but favorites. leagues has attracted sell out Crowds in, not only Sydney ,Brisbane and the ACT(Australia's capitol territory) but also Perth as well as numerous 70 & 80k crowds and a 90k at Melbourne also. :rock:


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by Fred »

I think a mlb game attracted a huge crowd on Sydney....doesn’t make it the states most popular. The swimming got a huge crowd at the Sydney olympics ... doesn’t mean a great deal . One of marquee events mean very little..... unless that’s all you’re hanging onto? Hardly anyone comparatively plays Rl in Victoria ... let that sink in. Plus I think no one is arguing Rl to be popular in afl states anyway.


Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Fred wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:04 pm I think a mlb game attracted a huge crowd on Sydney....doesn’t make it the states most popular. The swimming got a huge crowd at the Sydney olympics ... doesn’t mean a great deal . One of marquee events mean very little..... unless that’s all you’re hanging onto? Hardly anyone comparatively plays Rl in Victoria ... let that sink in. Plus I think no one is arguing Rl to be popular in afl states anyway.
I mentioned many areas in which RL leads the way not just one Fred.


Fred usually all you want to talk is crowds. Crowds and just in Australia - your 2 favourite subjects :rock:

I can recall a game of RL played in Melbourne that got more TV viewers than anything that the AFL's put on in decades. And as for crowds, Only the AFL's Grand Final attracted more that season. And AFL is yet to attract a bigger crowd than RL in Perth. Aren't Victoria and WA supposed to be AFL states?

And if we were desperate(stupid) enough to pump millions into the backwater states annually we could have larger participation rates in those areas. Thankfully someones worked out that we don't need to.

As for Professional teams all around the Australia we've already been there, already done that. It's just another area in which we lead the way :cheers:


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
User avatar
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 am
Team: Canberra Raiders
Location: Queanbeyan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by baselinepanther »

Fred wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 pm I think playing numbers do matter as another metric . It’s not just weather it rates or not. There are other things to consider. And what’s with this attitude ? There’s no need for that type of name calling crapper!! New name new beginning - we believe in you.
so

frud

why do playing numbers matter with derpian rules

but not soccer

again
they mean nothing ... they do not translate for either sport

so says Peter Rabbit

& whos crapper you fwit ? :hmm:


User avatar
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 am
Team: Canberra Raiders
Location: Queanbeyan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by baselinepanther »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:03 pm i Agree it is good to have playing numbers, it helps with engagement in the Sport.

It was why NRL have teamed up with Touch and Tag, so they are engaged in Rugby League.
as not all sports people can play Rugby League
they perfer touch and tag as it is not so Brutal on the body.
do they engage with the sport tho ?
other then playing it because their mummys don't want them playing the sport they truly want to play , the sport their heros play
Rugby League

so thats the sport they attend to an extent & certainly sit down on the couch with their hot milo to watch with their families

not the bumbling mess they played earlier in the day


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm More Australians watch Rugby League - therefor it should be pretty straight forward to work out wch sport is more popular! :cheers:

if average TV viewing numbers are taken as the sole measure of popularity then athletics and soccer are the most popular sports in Australia (Olympics and world cup).

I also find it interesting that average ratings are used to compare the 2 sports when it has been acknowledged by most, including the media and you guys, that the AFLs decrease in average ratings this year is partly due to their longer telecast in 2021. If that's the case how can you compare a 2hr telecast to a 3 hr telecast?

Furthermore, every year the AFL outrate the NRL on like v like games such as the finals. This is despite the disadvantage in telecast length.

So your BS is refuted pudy twat


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:09 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:03 pm i Agree it is good to have playing numbers, it helps with engagement in the Sport.

It was why NRL have teamed up with Touch and Tag, so they are engaged in Rugby League.
as not all sports people can play Rugby League
they perfer touch and tag as it is not so Brutal on the body.
do they engage with the sport tho ?
other then playing it because their mummys don't want them playing the sport they truly want to play , the sport their heros play
Rugby League

so thats the sport they attend to an extent & certainly sit down on the couch with their hot milo to watch with their families

not the bumbling mess they played earlier in the day
Dave is the king of absurd excuses.

Exhibit A: all AFL ratings in NSW and QLD are expats, even though there are many many expats in WA from eastern state and NRL ratings are horrendous.

Ehxibit B: all AFL participants only do so because their mummies dont want them playing league. Well to a degree I think you may have a point on this one. My wife's relatives in QLD moved their kids from RL to AFL, not because of the dangers of the game, but the toothless, bogan attitudes and culture of the parents.


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:48 pm
Fred wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 pm I think playing numbers do matter as another metric . It’s not just weather it rates or not. There are other things to consider. And what’s with this attitude ? There’s no need for that type of name calling crapper!! New name new beginning - we believe in you.
so

frud

why do playing numbers matter with derpian rules

but not soccer

again
they mean nothing ... they do not translate for either sport

so says Peter Rabbit

& whos crapper you fwit ? :hmm:
I love how you continue to use peter rabbit as an insult against AFL TV ratings in Sydney when NRL ratings in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are significantly lower on average. Pretty much everything on TV outrates them (including Melbourne when Storm arent playing)


pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:04 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm More Australians watch Rugby League - therefor it should be pretty straight forward to work out wch sport is more popular! :cheers:

if average TV viewing numbers are taken as the sole measure of popularity then athletics and soccer are the most popular sports in Australia (Olympics and world cup).

I also find it interesting that average ratings are used to compare the 2 sports when it has been acknowledged by most, including the media and you guys, that the AFLs decrease in average ratings this year is partly due to their longer telecast in 2021. If that's the case how can you compare a 2hr telecast to a 3 hr telecast?

Furthermore, every year the AFL outrate the NRL on like v like games such as the finals. This is despite the disadvantage in telecast length.

So your BS is refuted pudy twat

Yes, but only by You.

RL get more ratings each season - Fact :rock:

I gave several eg. not one. Obviously you didnt read them or can't. - If I was you I would be taking hostilities out on the Victurpian education system - not me.

And give the Longer telecast a break FFS. Dont you contradict yourself when you say? 'The AFL wins every game head to head' and than tell me about how you continually lose the ratings because of longer games??? But, But, But ...................Nurse.


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:45 am
NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:04 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm More Australians watch Rugby League - therefor it should be pretty straight forward to work out wch sport is more popular! :cheers:

if average TV viewing numbers are taken as the sole measure of popularity then athletics and soccer are the most popular sports in Australia (Olympics and world cup).

I also find it interesting that average ratings are used to compare the 2 sports when it has been acknowledged by most, including the media and you guys, that the AFLs decrease in average ratings this year is partly due to their longer telecast in 2021. If that's the case how can you compare a 2hr telecast to a 3 hr telecast?

Furthermore, every year the AFL outrate the NRL on like v like games such as the finals. This is despite the disadvantage in telecast length.

So your BS is refuted pudy twat

Yes, but only by You.

RL get more ratings each season - Fact :rock:

I gave several eg. not one. Obviously you didnt read them or can't. - If I was you I would be taking hostilities out on the Victurpian education system - not me.

And give the Longer telecast a break FFS. Dont you contradict yourself when you say? 'The AFL wins every game head to head' and than tell me about how you continually lose the ratings because of longer games??? But, But, But ...................Nurse.
Yes I didn't address your streaming claim because its meaningless. That's because, like fox subscriptions, only a portion of the population take it up, and much of that is based on access to their clubs on FTA. Further showing its irrelevance to overall popularity is the fact the AFL can easily win a match up in ratings overall, yet rate less on fox and kayo. Seriously, how is that meaningful?

Social media? AFL.is ahead in forums and Twitter, nRL has more likes on Facebook, a single click with no further input. How important lol

And your claim RL gets more ratings is based on what? Cummulative ratings which are only ever discussed by RL fans? Everyone else knows comparing total ratings for 2 different programs with different schedules is pointless, except you

Like v like where the game is available on FTA the AFL win more that not.

End of story


pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Round and round we go what happend to your claim that overlap was the only thing holding your rating back? And your claim not long back, that your Kayo numbers would be better than ours??? Showing two FTA games at the same time barely makes a difference. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Wouldn't overlapping matches or showing FTA in different states, cut down on the matches you could watch without Fox? - It's a shit game LOL maybe there just not into it, did you ever think of that. :rock: :rock: Oh youv'e still got it :(/ :(/ :(/


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5497
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

baselinepanther wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:09 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:03 pm i Agree it is good to have playing numbers, it helps with engagement in the Sport.

It was why NRL have teamed up with Touch and Tag, so they are engaged in Rugby League.
as not all sports people can play Rugby League
they perfer touch and tag as it is not so Brutal on the body.
do they engage with the sport tho ?
other then playing it because their mummys don't want them playing the sport they truly want to play , the sport their heros play
Rugby League

so thats the sport they attend to an extent & certainly sit down on the couch with their hot milo to watch with their families

not the bumbling mess they played earlier in the day
not all would engage in the sport but alot would be part timers, overall the evidence says
You Play You watch on average.

Though Soccer is totally different when comparing those figures.

It is mainly

NRL
AFL
CRICKET
i am stating


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:49 pm Round and round we go what happend to your claim that overlap was the only thing holding your rating back? And your claim not long back, that your Kayo numbers would be better than ours??? Showing two FTA games at the same time barely makes a difference. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Wouldn't overlapping matches or showing FTA in different states, cut down on the matches you could watch without Fox? - It's a shit game LOL maybe there just not into it, did you ever think of that. :rock: :rock: Oh youv'e still got it :(/ :(/ :(/
Something is seriously wrong with you.

Yes, concurrent games are still an issue, as they always will be. Last weekend alone proved that. If they are on fox too it makes no difference as you cannot watch, nor be counted, as watching 2 games at once.

Our fox subscriptions are lower than nrl because fans in all states bar VIC can see their club on fta every week. Therefore fox ratings are a poor measure of popularity


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5497
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:04 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:49 pm Round and round we go what happend to your claim that overlap was the only thing holding your rating back? And your claim not long back, that your Kayo numbers would be better than ours??? Showing two FTA games at the same time barely makes a difference. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Wouldn't overlapping matches or showing FTA in different states, cut down on the matches you could watch without Fox? - It's a shit game LOL maybe there just not into it, did you ever think of that. :rock: :rock: Oh youv'e still got it :(/ :(/ :(/
Something is seriously wrong with you.

Yes, concurrent games are still an issue, as they always will be. Last weekend alone proved that. If they are on fox too it makes no difference as you cannot watch, nor be counted, as watching 2 games at once.

Our fox subscriptions are lower than nrl because fans in all states bar VIC can see their club on fta every week. Therefore fox ratings are a poor measure of popularity
Answer this question please..

NRL obviously have more Viewers and subs on FOX than AFL>

so why did FOX in pervious deal offer AFL more?

or did FOX over estimate and paid overs ?


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests