The self anointed national sport

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 pm
Team: Easts
Location: geelong
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has laid out a detailed, bold plan to introduce a stand-alone Tasmanian team, plus another club, and make the AFL truly national by 2028.

Oh my god, They've been telling us for years they had a National competition :(/ :(/ :(/


Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has laid out a detailed, bold plan to introduce a stand-alone Tasmanian team, plus another club, and make the AFL truly national by 2028.

Oh my god, They've been telling us for years they had a National competition :(/ :(/ :(/
Always been more national than the nRL


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5459
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

i like when he said

State and Federal would need to pump $20 mill each per year for Tasmania to work "forever"

North Queensland / Darwin Team.... the Crocodiles ... Maybe has legs
with HUGE government funding of course.


Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3923
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 119 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:52 pm i like when he said

State and Federal would need to pump $20 mill each per year for Tasmania to work "forever"

North Queensland / Darwin Team.... the Crocodiles ... Maybe has legs
with HUGE government funding of course.
That's incredible!! Fumblehouse is demanding $40M per year "forever" from Govt's. Dead set got the hide of a herd elephants the fumblers.

You don't need to be an intellectual giant to see the Tassy Gov't response: "Really? How much do Gov'ts put into individual teams in NSW per year? What about Qld?? Oh......and WA.............and ummmmm.............oh yeah............... SA...............and what about Victardia?????? Gilty 'ol boy..... jam it up ya a__e pal!!!!!!!!!!!!


User avatar
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 am
Team: Canberra Raiders
Location: Queanbeyan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by baselinepanther »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:31 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has laid out a detailed, bold plan to introduce a stand-alone Tasmanian team, plus another club, and make the AFL truly national by 2028.

Oh my god, They've been telling us for years they had a National competition :(/ :(/ :(/
Always been more national than the nRL
just less popular overall :cool:


NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 136 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:16 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:31 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has laid out a detailed, bold plan to introduce a stand-alone Tasmanian team, plus another club, and make the AFL truly national by 2028.

Oh my god, They've been telling us for years they had a National competition :(/ :(/ :(/
Always been more national than the nRL
just less popular overall :cool:
crowds, revenue, sponsorship, participation numbers, and national footprint says otherwise


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by Fred »

Not a bad sized crowd in Sydney tonight .... just saying.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5459
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 pm Not a bad sized crowd in Sydney tonight .... just saying.
28k to be precise.


Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by Fred »

Noice ... I’m sure there were plenty of kids there who will be talking about that game at school today with their mates.


Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 8250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 am
Fred wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 pm Not a bad sized crowd in Sydney tonight .... just saying.
28k to be precise.

And how did this compare to the nrl game on at the same time ?


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5459
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The self anointed national sport

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:48 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 am
Fred wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 pm Not a bad sized crowd in Sydney tonight .... just saying.
28k to be precise.

And how did this compare to the nrl game on at the same time ?
no crowd listed as of yet, Looked to be between 13-14k


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests