AFL v RL which code has gotten the most GOVT $$$$?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AFL v RL which code has gotten the most GOVT $$$$?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

lol still waiting for some proof of the Titans exclusively designing Cbus
Step right up LIC .
Don't deflect ....just post a source l
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:07 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm
1) Money given to stadiums isnt given to a sport
2) Adelaide Oval and Optus Stadium both replaced venues built in the 70s and were scheduled for major upgrades or rebuilds.
3) Almost every single one of these stadiums is used by Cricket for half the year, but apparently the money doesnt go to them in your book.
4) Each and every one of Adelaide, Perth and the MCG are heavily relied on by state governments as tourist draw cards and state promotional vehicles. Like hosting internationsl soccer friendlies, union tests and Origin.
5) The AFL contributed to Metricon, the showgrounds, and Adelaide, and pays an annual sum to the MCC for finance, above and beyond rental costs.
6) MCG upgrade costs to Government have been in the order of about 140m for a stadium mostly funded by the MCC and its AFL contract.This has been true since the 1988 rebuild.
1.neither is it for most rectangular stadia ....they are multi sport ...& concerts ..& other events such as boxing or part of Comm games .

2.Same for Suncorp
Parra in the 80s ..cowboys stadium ...Melb had a venue built a long time ago .
See two can play this game .
3...most new stadia are used by Soccer in the Rugby League off season ...aami..Suncorp .parra ..cbus was till team folded .
4.same for some rectangular stadia
Suncorp hosts RU tests ..World title fight in boxing ....cbus when opened had a RUWC game ..had the RU 7s.
Cowboys stadium was opened with an Elton John concert ..these are included as tourist draw cards ..
5 it's not about the contribution of a sporting code .
You are ignoring what this thread is about .
It's Govt money .
When it is repeated in thread after thread that RL is the biggest leach ..has got more $$ out of GOVTs then some facts about which sport has got the most need to be posted .
All other crap is meaningless ...as most stadia are multi sport or are used for other entertainment
Feel free to subtract what the afl contributed to these stadia ...
The simple fact is contrary to what is posted ..afl stadia has received far more off the govt .
This thread wouldn't exist if the bullshit was stopped .

6. So the govt only contributed 140 mill since 88
Where did the other come from for the 460 mill upgrade in 92
the nrl uses msg, perth stadium and Adelaide over as well crap bot :wave:

your logic is flawed and you have no argument
Oh dear . I was replying to the " logic " of the but but buting of the afl fans .
I have destroyed your argument with $$$ facts .
Feel free to post some $$ facts about Rl stadia .
Off ya go .

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:10 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:07 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 pm

1.neither is it for most rectangular stadia ....they are multi sport ...& concerts ..& other events such as boxing or part of Comm games .

2.Same for Suncorp
Parra in the 80s ..cowboys stadium ...Melb had a venue built a long time ago .
See two can play this game .
3...most new stadia are used by Soccer in the Rugby League off season ...aami..Suncorp .parra ..cbus was till team folded .
4.same for some rectangular stadia
Suncorp hosts RU tests ..World title fight in boxing ....cbus when opened had a RUWC game ..had the RU 7s.
Cowboys stadium was opened with an Elton John concert ..these are included as tourist draw cards ..
5 it's not about the contribution of a sporting code .
You are ignoring what this thread is about .
It's Govt money .
When it is repeated in thread after thread that RL is the biggest leach ..has got more $$ out of GOVTs then some facts about which sport has got the most need to be posted .
All other crap is meaningless ...as most stadia are multi sport or are used for other entertainment
Feel free to subtract what the afl contributed to these stadia ...
The simple fact is contrary to what is posted ..afl stadia has received far more off the govt .
This thread wouldn't exist if the bullshit was stopped .

6. So the govt only contributed 140 mill since 88
Where did the other come from for the 460 mill upgrade in 92
the nrl uses msg, perth stadium and Adelaide over as well crap bot :wave:

your logic is flawed and you have no argument
Oh dear . I was replying to the " logic " of the but but buting of the afl fans .
I have destroyed your argument with $$$ facts .
Feel free to post some $$ facts about Rl stadia .
Off ya go .
misinterpreting things again by a long way crapbot :wave:

even wookie has proven you wrong and your still rambling on thinking you are correct :rofl:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

How has he proven me wrong .

Here's a little news snippet to counter the oh other sports use afl grounds .
Who did the lobbying .
Which sport benefitted .
AFL the big winner from decade of investment in sporting infrastructure
Updated 3 Oct 2013, 9:12am

Jeff Kennett on the money on AFL investment.
PHOTO: Jeff Kennett on the money on AFL investment. (AAP: Joe Castro)
Footy finals are here. While workers sweep up the ticker tape from the AFL grand final parade on Melbourne's Swanston Street and the southern capital prepares for its biggest hangover of the year, up in New South Wales the final four will battle it out for their place in the NRL decider.

These are the two biggest weeks in football, as the teams compete for glory, and codes for supremacy.

Former Victorian premier and president of AFL club Hawthorn, Jeff Kennett, reckons he already knows which code is on top - and why. He says AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has used his 10 years in the top job to secure hundreds of millions of dollars from governments for AFL ground upgrades, which has put the code on the top of the heap.

"Demetriou has done some wonderful things in his decade of leadership, the most significant in my opinion being how he played off governments against oppositions federal and state to leave the competition with the most wonderful collection of sporting venues any sport occupies in Australia," he wrote in Melbourne's Herald Sun on September 25.

"Hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent by us through political manoeuvring under Demetriou's baton, while the AFL has committed so little cash. It's a remarkable achievement."

The claim: Jeff Kennett says Andrew Demetriou has used his 10 years in the top job to secure hundreds of millions of dollars from governments for AFL ground upgrades, which has put the code on the top of the heap.
The verdict: Mr Kennett is correct when he says hundreds of millions of dollars in government money has been invested under Mr Demetriou's watch.
Has the AFL already got the competition sewn up or is Mr Kennett blinded by his love of the game?

Best (on) ground

The AFL has major grounds across the country. The full list is on its website. There are three in heartland Victoria, three in New South Wales, two in Queensland and Tasmania, and one in every other state and territory. South Australia's Adelaide Oval will soon be home to Port Adelaide and the Adelaide Crows, replacing current ground AAMI Stadium. Western Australia currently has one, but the State Government has announced plans to build a second.

Since 2003 the number of regular home and away venues has grown and almost every venue on the list has had a major upgrade, predominantly funded by state and federal governments. The AFL's annual reports from 2004 to 2012 outline partnerships with government that secured hundreds of millions in funding at the federal, state and local level. Reports for 2005 to 2012 can be found on the AFL's website and 2004 is available on the Federal Government's Aus Sport website.

ABC Fact Check looked at development from 2004 onwards because Mr Demetriou took up the role of AFL chief executive in September 2003.

Over the past decade the jewel in the crown, the MCG, has received a major facelift. The first stage, a redevelopment of the northern side, began in 2002 and was motivated by the need to refresh the venue for the 2006 Commonwealth games. The AFL benefitted from, but cannot claim credit for this upgrade, which in any case commenced before Mr Demetriou took up his role. The second stage of the ground's redevelopment – the Southern Stand – began in 2011 and was jointly funded by the Victorian government ($30 million) and the Melbourne Cricket Club ($25 million). The AFL did not contribute, but will again benefit. On Saturday, the MCG, with its 100,000 plus capacity, will heave and groan with every mark, behind and goal as the Hawks and Dockers battle it out for the premiership.

Queensland has had some major investments, including a redevelopment of the Gabba. According to the AFL's 2005 annual report the sixth stage of the project – costing $40 million – wrapped up that year. In 2009 federal, state and local government invested $116 million in a stadium for new club, the Gold Coast Suns. And in 2012, $2 million was invested by the Queensland government in a lighting upgrade for Cazalys Stadium in Cairns.

Also in 2012, Western Australian Premier Colin Barnett finalised plans for a $700 million plus new stadium in Perth. That is the biggest current project, followed closely by the $535 million committed by the South Australian government in 2011 for a redevelopment of Adelaide Oval.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:08 pm
lol still waiting for some proof of the Titans exclusively designing Cbus
Step right up LIC .
Don't deflect ....just post a source l
Why are you gnoring this
:(/ :(/ :(/
I know why
So do you ..
:^o :^o :^o :^o

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:20 pm
How has he proven me wrong .

Here's a little news snippet to counter the oh other sports use afl grounds .
Who did the lobbying .
Which sport benefitted .
AFL the big winner from decade of investment in sporting infrastructure
Updated 3 Oct 2013, 9:12am

Jeff Kennett on the money on AFL investment.
PHOTO: Jeff Kennett on the money on AFL investment. (AAP: Joe Castro)
Footy finals are here. While workers sweep up the ticker tape from the AFL grand final parade on Melbourne's Swanston Street and the southern capital prepares for its biggest hangover of the year, up in New South Wales the final four will battle it out for their place in the NRL decider.

These are the two biggest weeks in football, as the teams compete for glory, and codes for supremacy.

Former Victorian premier and president of AFL club Hawthorn, Jeff Kennett, reckons he already knows which code is on top - and why. He says AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has used his 10 years in the top job to secure hundreds of millions of dollars from governments for AFL ground upgrades, which has put the code on the top of the heap.

"Demetriou has done some wonderful things in his decade of leadership, the most significant in my opinion being how he played off governments against oppositions federal and state to leave the competition with the most wonderful collection of sporting venues any sport occupies in Australia," he wrote in Melbourne's Herald Sun on September 25.

"Hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent by us through political manoeuvring under Demetriou's baton, while the AFL has committed so little cash. It's a remarkable achievement."

The claim: Jeff Kennett says Andrew Demetriou has used his 10 years in the top job to secure hundreds of millions of dollars from governments for AFL ground upgrades, which has put the code on the top of the heap.
The verdict: Mr Kennett is correct when he says hundreds of millions of dollars in government money has been invested under Mr Demetriou's watch.
Has the AFL already got the competition sewn up or is Mr Kennett blinded by his love of the game?

Best (on) ground

The AFL has major grounds across the country. The full list is on its website. There are three in heartland Victoria, three in New South Wales, two in Queensland and Tasmania, and one in every other state and territory. South Australia's Adelaide Oval will soon be home to Port Adelaide and the Adelaide Crows, replacing current ground AAMI Stadium. Western Australia currently has one, but the State Government has announced plans to build a second.

Since 2003 the number of regular home and away venues has grown and almost every venue on the list has had a major upgrade, predominantly funded by state and federal governments. The AFL's annual reports from 2004 to 2012 outline partnerships with government that secured hundreds of millions in funding at the federal, state and local level. Reports for 2005 to 2012 can be found on the AFL's website and 2004 is available on the Federal Government's Aus Sport website.

ABC Fact Check looked at development from 2004 onwards because Mr Demetriou took up the role of AFL chief executive in September 2003.

Over the past decade the jewel in the crown, the MCG, has received a major facelift. The first stage, a redevelopment of the northern side, began in 2002 and was motivated by the need to refresh the venue for the 2006 Commonwealth games. The AFL benefitted from, but cannot claim credit for this upgrade, which in any case commenced before Mr Demetriou took up his role. The second stage of the ground's redevelopment – the Southern Stand – began in 2011 and was jointly funded by the Victorian government ($30 million) and the Melbourne Cricket Club ($25 million). The AFL did not contribute, but will again benefit. On Saturday, the MCG, with its 100,000 plus capacity, will heave and groan with every mark, behind and goal as the Hawks and Dockers battle it out for the premiership.

Queensland has had some major investments, including a redevelopment of the Gabba. According to the AFL's 2005 annual report the sixth stage of the project – costing $40 million – wrapped up that year. In 2009 federal, state and local government invested $116 million in a stadium for new club, the Gold Coast Suns. And in 2012, $2 million was invested by the Queensland government in a lighting upgrade for Cazalys Stadium in Cairns.

Also in 2012, Western Australian Premier Colin Barnett finalised plans for a $700 million plus new stadium in Perth. That is the biggest current project, followed closely by the $535 million committed by the South Australian government in 2011 for a redevelopment of Adelaide Oval.
Ffs you don’t get it one bit!

Just straight out jealousy

Firstly perth and Adelaide are entitled to have at least one international venue used for all sports!

When Sydney and Brisbane were getting their major international stadiums perth and Adelaide did not

Try to grasp that concept for starters
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .

You are the one who ranted about the NRl getting GOVt money .
Leeching off the GOVT etc

I've stated it plenty of times in the past ..I don't have an issue with the AFl getting new stadia ...
Perth & Adelaide stadia are great ..they needed them .
Yet you have a major meltdown over rectangular stadia being built .

All codes need the best stadia experience for fans .
The only issue is your continued bullshit about the NRl getting more $$ than the AFl .
If you didn't post utter rot then this thread wouldn't exist .
I've posted some figures for afl
& for RL .
You don't like facts so you rant .
Feel free to do the sums ..lol if it's anything like your English or basic comprehension you're in big trouble .
& FFS stop ignoring your lie about CBUs .
Either post proof or admit u told a whopper ..again

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Oh dear .

I've stated it plenty of times in the past ..I don't have an issue with the AFl getting new stadia ...

The only issue is your continued bullshit about the NRl getting more $$ than the AFl .
& for RL .
Feel free to do the sums ..lol if it's anything like your English or basic comprehension you're in big trouble .
Ffs you have lost it idiot!

Gws and gcs suns get grounds, that are used for commonwealth games, cricket even rugby etc your in a spin about that

Then nearly all nrl clubs have club grounds some events two that are next to exclusive to them paid for by the tax payer

Perth, Adelaide Melbourne get international stadiums used for a large number of events and your in a spin staying that the afl got the money

Your a friggen jealous loon! Ignore everything the nrl regularly gets that directly benifits them perth gets their first new stadium in nearly 100 odd years and their only main international venue that hosts a number of events, concerts, sokka rugby, league, union and afl and your in a melt down claiming afl directly got the money!

No code has received any where near what your welfare code has,
20 odd million for a minio casino car park?
Ffs your a pathetic loon
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol so put up the figures .
Why can't you
Stop ranting with shit & post some evidence .
& cut the dramatic lies .
I don't ignore what the nrl has got
I've even posted figures showing stadia cost .
Its time for you to put up or shut up .
This thread is about govt money
Post something to do with the topic

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:10 pm
Mcg is a international multi purpose venue that hosts every from soccer, rugby’s union and league, concerts, cricket, at etc

Scg similar
Adelaide oval is similar hosts all sports including adl but Adelaides first new venue since the 70s and cities only
Venue
Same as Perth’s new stadium
Metricon hosts the suns, cricket and commonwealth games

None of these grounds are exclusive to the afl yet afl teams use the venue regularly

New Townsville stadium is next to exclusivity for the cowboys
New parramatta stadium is mainly for wanderers and eels
Cbus stadium is next to exclusive for the titans who exclusively designed the venue

All nrlol club grounds

You have nfi crap bot except just jealously
Please address the highlighted bit
:(/ :(/ :(/
You got caught out again .
Here's a hint
When arguing it helps if you don't lie . :(/ :(/

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:56 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Oh dear .

& for RL .
Ffs you have lost it idiot!

Gws and gcs suns get grounds, that are used for commonwealth games, cricket even rugby etc your in a spin about that

Then nearly all nrl clubs have club grounds some events two that are next to exclusive to them paid for by the tax payer

Perth, Adelaide Melbourne get international stadiums used for a large number of events and your in a spin staying that the afl got the money

Your a friggen jealous loon! Ignore everything the nrl regularly gets that directly benifits them perth gets their first new stadium in nearly 100 odd years and their only main international venue that hosts a number of events, concerts, sokka rugby, league, union and afl and your in a melt down claiming afl directly got the money!

No code has received any where near what your welfare code has,
20 odd million for a minio casino car park?
Ffs your a pathetic loon
Pal, I'm gonna try to take it easy on ya but geez it's gonna be hard. You are wrong on EVERY SINGLE POINT. The GC Titans ground......Robina Stadium......was used during the Commonwealth games. They had to play elsewhere. WRONG!!!

All the grounds funded by government in NSW and Qld have use by RL, RU, Soccer and events. I.E. Elton John at the new Townsville Stadium. No RL club has 'near to exclusive use". WRONG!!!!!

The governments in the southern developing states did not give money to the AFL. They just built stadiums for 'em. Same in the developed northern states. Same....same ....pal!!!! WRONG!!!!

Please show proof that RL has been given more money than fumbleball. WRONG!!!!

And it was a lovely finish pal. "da casinos"........"da casinos"........"da casinos"...............Hilarious pal lololololollolol!!!!!

Keep morale high!!!!!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Deflecting only full swing

Nrl the welfare code of Australian sport!
Funded by the pokes and tax payer and made popular by the packer and Murdoch’s
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:41 pm
Deflecting only full swing

Nrl the welfare code of Australian sport!
Funded by the pokes and tax payer and made popular by the packer and Murdoch’s
Lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!! This dills done it again.................."the pokes"..........."the pokes"............"the pokes".......hilarious but sad at the same time.

Any chance you come up with a different answer to different questions pal?? You know..............something.............anything. What ya got pal????

"Da pokes and da loans" ain't gonna cut it pal. Maybe ask someone in your friendship circle. Someone with ummmmmmmm.............a bit more...........ummmmmm............yeah.............hopefully you get it pal!!!!!!!

Keep morale high!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Heres a simple task .
A normal person could do it without ranting with shit .
Add up the Govt $$$ put into afl stadia since 1990
Same with RL
The answer will tell you which code has got the most Govt $$

I suspect you don't want to do that because you know the answer .
& it's not what you claim .
You'd rather screech & post rot .

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Wookie has been any talk of revamping the great southern stand of the MCG seeing it has been around since the early 90s?

Any stadium or stand now says that old seems to be considered obsolete and money needs to be wasted on it
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys