COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: COVID-19 Affects it will have on Australian footy codes

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:21 am
The whole thing is a bit of a double standard in the way that they are still letting people travel on crowded trains and buses together where people are breathing the same recycled air in a confined closed space.

Yet people can't go to a footy match in the fresh air?
Yeah this is what I don’t understand as well.

I was really looking forward to Crows vs Swans next weekend in Adelaide too. Have lost my money on the flights too. :(

Wondering if we will see an increase in AFL tv audience numbers now that fans can’t attend games?
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Super Rugby Comp just been suspended UFN.
Perhaps an all Australian substitute short comp to mitigate their losses?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:02 am
The whole thing is a bit of a double standard in the way that they are still letting people travel on crowded trains and buses together where people are breathing the same recycled air in a confined closed space.

I was really looking forward to Crows vs Swans next weekend in Adelaide too. Have lost my money on the flights too. :(

Wondering if we will see an increase in AFL tv audience numbers now that fans can’t attend games?
well according to the nrl fans, as the corona virus is keeping people away from games it will effect the tv rating as well smf be lower than expected :lol:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I see the nrl is already flagging hitting up the government for money to compensate for any loss from the corona virus. Surely they cannot be serious. And I would say the same for the afl is they try to put their hand out. Any tax payer money re compensation should go to either small businesses, or, if to large businesses, where not doing so would see them go out of business and impact a large sector of society re: jobs and subsequent flow on affect. This either shows that 1 the NRL are thoughtless and greedy or 2. They really are struggling financially. I would hope large businesses with large revenues are able to absorb such losses rather than think of their bottom line. Sure... if this is going to send them broke ... out of business... I understand ... is it at the level ? But if it is just ... hey we’re going to report a loss ... take a hit... well that’s just what happens... many a small business in this same scenario.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 am
I see the nrl is already flagging hitting up the government for money to compensate for any loss from the corona virus. Surely they cannot be serious. And I would say the same for the afl is they try to put their hand out. Any tax payer money re compensation should go to either small businesses, or, if to large businesses, where not doing so would see them go out of business and impact a large sector of society re: jobs and subsequent flow on affect. This either shows that 1 the NRL are thoughtless and greedy or 2. They really are struggling financially. I would hope large businesses with large revenues are able to absorb such losses rather than think of their bottom line. Sure... if this is going to send them broke ... out of business... I understand ... is it at the level ? But if it is just ... hey we’re going to report a loss ... take a hit... well that’s just what happens... many a small business in this same scenario.
Freddy boy..............I think you'll find your fave sport will have their snout in the govt trough quicker than a senior exec chasing a junior female staffer around fumble house. Every sport will have their hand out. The Govt has already announced a $17B stimulus package. Another lazy $1B for sport is chicken feed.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

A lot of swans fans are in bracket of 65 & over - should be avoiding crowds
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 pm

A lot of swans fans are in bracket of 65 & over - should be avoiding crowds
Oh really? Unique to Swans fans is it? :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah saw the headlines about the NRL wanting compensation and thought to myself do these leeches ever stop putting their hand out for taxpayer dollars.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:44 pm
Yeah saw the headlines about the NRL wanting compensation and thought to myself do these leeches ever stop putting their hand out for taxpayer dollars.

Ahhhhhh Beatup loloololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the irony.....................the hypocrisy................the idiocy lolololoololol!!!!!!!! Your fave game is the biggest leech of all the leeches!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:42 am

Cleary don’t understand the potential spread of the virus and haven’t left the basement for a while!

Dude does your internet filter allow for you to watch the normal news?
So would you happily travel in a bus or train for an hour with someone who has Corona?

How do you think it spread so fast in China? They all travel on public transport in large numbers.

Time for you to leave your Melbourne basement, is frying your brain :cool:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Cleary don’t understand the potential spread of the virus and haven’t left the basement for a while!

So would you happily travel in a bus or train for an hour with someone who has Corona?

How do you think it spread so fast in China? They all travel on public transport in large numbers.

The full extent of the virus is unknown!

Look how fast the virus has spread across the world in such little time

Don’t live in Melbourne for starters! Genius!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:44 pm
Been saying it for years the nrl is the biggest leach of a welfare game in Australia by a long way!

The irony is it’s not like their revenue from gate takings would be effected in a huge way. By the time stadium operator costs were taken out it’s hard to see those pissy little crowds would
Be making large profits
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 am
Freddy boy..............I think you'll find your fave sport will have their snout in the govt trough quicker than a senior exec chasing a junior female staffer around fumble house. Every sport will have their hand out. The Govt has already announced a $17B stimulus package. Another lazy $1B for sport is chicken feed.

Possibly... I would be against this also. Where do you draw the line then.... rugby union, soccer, horse racing etc etc.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Haha you don't even know your in Melbourne. :(/
You follow Essendon and defend Melbourne when I bag the city.

I am certain your hiding the fact your in Melbourne. :cool:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:13 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Haha you don't even know your in Melbourne. :(/
You follow Essendon and defend Melbourne when I bag the city.

I am certain your hiding the fact your in Melbourne. :cool:
I hardly defend Melbourne and did live there for a period of time! it was once a good city now to over populated!

and you do also follow a team not in a state or country where you live!
so give up attempting to sound intelligent

cluedo
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys