Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 9498
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Rugby League Heartland
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Pretty impressive. The NRL need to do things better, a lot better.


signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6628
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 84 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by The_Wookie »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am Pretty impressive. The NRL need to do things better, a lot better.
The AFL started reforming in 1986 - the NRL should have had massively reformed after superleague but didnt really do anything until 2012. It shows - the broadcast rights were probably the easiest thing to fix, its just been putting them in their proper frame - everything else relies on other metrics and theres some considerable catching up to do.

Sponsorship is one area clubs are catching up in, Broncos are at AFL club levels of revenue for sponsorship and match day revenues, but quite why "big" Sydney NRL clubs arent matching it with the Swans at the corporate level is beyond me.


pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am Pretty impressive. The NRL need to do things better, a lot better.
The nrlol clubs if they were any where near as big as you loons say they are, like your minnow club should be leading this list!

Especially when Sydney is the largest and highest advertising dollar state in Australia!

But they are not! Those little minnow clubs are being slaughtered by the afl :\:


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Nah
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 pm
Team: Greater Western Sydney Giants
Location: Sunset Coast
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by Nah »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:17 amSydney NRL clubs arent matching it with the Swans at the corporate level is beyond me.
Advertising agencies say it's all about ratings and exposure.
Large companies are about image association as well as numbers.
It's quite easy to see where sponsors are coming from.


pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6634
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location: far away
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:17 am
ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am Pretty impressive. The NRL need to do things better, a lot better.
The AFL started reforming in 1986 - the NRL should have had massively reformed after superleague but didnt really do anything until 2012. It shows - the broadcast rights were probably the easiest thing to fix, its just been putting them in their proper frame - everything else relies on other metrics and theres some considerable catching up to do.

Sponsorship is one area clubs are catching up in, Broncos are at AFL club levels of revenue for sponsorship and match day revenues, but quite why "big" Sydney NRL clubs arent matching it with the Swans at the corporate level is beyond me.
That's because our competition was owned by news LTD until 2012 in all reality. Our part of the partnership was providing Murdoch with programing for his PTV network. they controlled the finances giving the NRL just enough to put teams on the field.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:44 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:17 am
ParraEelsNRL wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:31 am Pretty impressive. The NRL need to do things better, a lot better.
The AFL started reforming in 1986 - the NRL should have had massively reformed after superleague but didnt really do anything until 2012. It shows - the broadcast rights were probably the easiest thing to fix, its just been putting them in their proper frame - everything else relies on other metrics and theres some considerable catching up to do.

Sponsorship is one area clubs are catching up in, Broncos are at AFL club levels of revenue for sponsorship and match day revenues, but quite why "big" Sydney NRL clubs arent matching it with the Swans at the corporate level is beyond me.
That's because our competition was owned by news LTD until 2012 in all reality. Our part of the partnership was providing Murdoch with programing for his PTV network. they controlled the finances giving the NRL just enough to put teams on the field.
Thing is Gollum, the nrlol clubs are not making any ground on the afl clubs :wave:


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
User avatar
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by Quolls2019 »

NINE’S STUNNING ATTACK ON NRL

Channel 9 has launched a stunning attack on the NRL in a spray that could end the career of CEO Todd Greenberg.

Channel 9 reporter Danny Weidler along with the Sydney Morning Herald revealed the broadcaster is filthy over how the game has mismanaged funds for a number of years.

The NRL is about to sign off on a May season return date but has apparently not properly consulted Channel 9.

“At 9 we had hoped to work with the NRL on a solution to the issues facing rugby league in 2020, brought on so starkly by COVID-19,” a spokesperson told the Herald.

“But this health crisis in our community has highlighted the mismanagement of the code over many years. Nine has invested hundreds of millions in this game over decades and we now find they have profoundly wasted those funds with very little to fall back on to support the clubs, the players and supporters.

“In the past the NRL have had problems and we’ve bailed them out many times including a $50m loan to support clubs when the last contract was signed.

“It would now appear that much of that has been squandered by a bloated head office completely ignoring the needs of the clubs, players and supporters.

“We now find ourselves with a contract that is unfulfilled by the code. We hoped we could talk through a long term plan.”


There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7663
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by Fred »

Really.... he is just stating what is already known. The administration of the NRL is and has been a joke. A quality product can only do so much and needs quality management.


Veni, vidi, vici
User avatar
The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6628
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 am
Team: Carlton
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 84 times
Contact:

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by The_Wookie »







pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Image
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by leagueiscrap »

The administration matches the product!


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18602
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:30 pm The administration matches the product!
Lol nothing wrong with the product .
Most watched game most years
Most watched sport .
Lol try again


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 pm
leagueiscrap wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:30 pm The administration matches the product!
Lol nothing wrong with the product .
Most watched game most years
Most watched sport .
Lol try again
Lol ignore all factors and wookes advice!

The way you loons crap on you’d think you’d be a more in the broadcast deal and sponsorships $ being the dominant code in the first and third biggest advertising markets

But you don’t :wave:


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18602
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Most watched .so that destroys your idiotic post .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .
User avatar
leagueiscrap
Banned
Posts: 7911
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Essendon
Location:
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 pm Most watched .so that destroys your idiotic post .
The way you loons crap on you’d think you’d be a more in the broadcast deal and sponsorships $ being the dominant code in the first and third biggest advertising markets

But you don’t :wave:

why does afl get more in broadcast deal
why does the afl and teams make more in sponsorship money

I mean GWS earn more money in sponsorship dollars there several of the afl clubs :lol: :lol:


Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Fight Club - 2019 Financials

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:09 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 pm Most watched .so that destroys your idiotic post .
The way you loons crap on you’d think you’d be a more in the broadcast deal and sponsorships $ being the dominant code in the first and third biggest advertising markets

But you don’t :wave:

why does afl get more in broadcast deal
why does the afl and teams make more in sponsorship money

I mean GWS earn more money in sponsorship dollars there several of the afl clubs :lol: :lol:
Well ya see Loooooonnny boy..................you know those things you love so so much.......the pokes...........they provide RL clubs with massive revenue. As such they haven't had to rely on game day revenue and sponsorship as much as the fumbling code.

Yep............it was a masterstroke of RL folk in the 1950's to follow the lead of RSL's and start our magnificent Leagues Clubs all over NSW & Qld. Up and down the coast. In the big cities and country towns. Brilliant work RL!!!!!!!!

I now give Loooonnnyy boy permission to go on a multiple page rant about the pokes......the pokes.....the mini casino's lolololololol!!!!!!!!!! Let's watch him go folks!!!!!

Take if away Looooonnny lololololol!!!!!!!


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests