AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm
Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:41 pm
Also, the overwhelming response to the recent incidents I thought was great. Memberships cancelled and wide spread condemnation. Was there something else you would have like to have seen done?
Great, now have Adam Goodes perform lap at grand final half time this year & see reception he receives. Racist culture will always be part of game
Your opinion is inconsistent with the way individuals have been identified as racist by fellow supporters at games. Sure, there's the odd racist idiot, but the fact they are called out so readily is a good sign



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7441
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

So you can’t dislike Adam Goodes because his an aboriginal ? I never liked him as a player as thought he was a diver and played for frees.


Veni, vidi, vici

AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:24 pm
So you can’t dislike Adam Goodes because his an aboriginal ? I never liked him as a player as thought he was a diver and played for frees.
What did I say about excuses? Goode's only targeted after calling out fan.



NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:47 pm
Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:24 pm
So you can’t dislike Adam Goodes because his an aboriginal ? I never liked him as a player as thought he was a diver and played for frees.
What did I say about excuses? Goode's only targeted after calling out fan.
In your unbiased opinion



AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18569
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:02 pm
And there we have it..... when can’t address the issue goes to ridicule and insults to deflect.
Oh my what a hypocrit .
As shown when I called you out on your bullshit post .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18569
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:34 pm
Omg .... your use of the term straw man arguement I think is a straw man arguement.

You are banging on in a fight club forum as more a hater of afl than lover of nrl I agree.... but you said something about johns not being sacked or something and when put to task went quiet. The poster who questioned you is likely a normal person so did go on and on about it or chase you through numerous threads .... so it died off ..... cause that’s what normal people do. Anyway, answer or address the points instead of deflecting
For once I agree .
The poster is most likely normal .
At least he doesn't take an obsessive interest in other posters ..
I'm talking very very very obsessive

Cause. That's what normal people do .
I'm sure you'll agree with me .
So don't deflect .
Please post where any RL poster has said racism is only in the AFL

Lol
Lol
Lol


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18569
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:45 am
I think I’ll just have to remember you’re an idiot. And no didn’t read all your thread ... rolled eyes after first line.
The usual deflection when shown to be full of shit

:(/ :(/ :(/
Very predictable . :wave: :wave:


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7441
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:47 pm
Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:24 pm
So you can’t dislike Adam Goodes because his an aboriginal ? I never liked him as a player as thought he was a diver and played for frees.
What did I say about excuses? Goode's only targeted after calling out fan.
No.... that happened a while after. He was being booed well before he called out that young girl. And I supported him in doing that. Should be done more often. But I have never liked Goodes and had nothing to do with the colour of his skin either .... hate divers ... think they are cheats. And thought he was a diver. Just giving you my own personal experience.


Veni, vidi, vici

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7441
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

I’ll still ask the question.... can you not dislike a player because they are aboriginal ? Simple question. As I didn’t like Adam Goodes as a player .... didn’t like Tony libratori either (Italian) in fact hated Hindi much was happy to see carried off on a stretcher and if he never played again because of the injury then good. Hated him like AFLcrap hates afl. I think if we can’t dislike a player for the way the play because of their heritage, which had nothing to do with whether you should like them or not, then we are in big trouble and it actually draws attention away from the very serious issue of racism. Let’s be very clear Goodes was being booed well and truely before he called out that person.


Veni, vidi, vici

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7441
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

So the afl has acted and done so much to address racism as I pointed out above ... yet people here still complain. They were the first code to introduce a racial vilification rule in this country ... the first. Recently memberships have been cancelled and a year or so ago, at the bequest of the vilified players, engaged those engaging in racial comments and actions in education... a much more mature step than punishment,l; one that is more likely to lead to change than that of punishment. Is there a way to go ... he’ll yes... there will be issues as long as there are issues in society .... I see the struggles with this daily. And no... the afl did not handle the Goodes issue well ... I do believe it became racial and they did not act quick enough. Hopefully they have learnt .... progress has been made.


Veni, vidi, vici

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18569
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 pm
I’ll still ask the question.... can you not dislike a player because they are aboriginal ? Simple question. As I didn’t like Adam Goodes as a player .... didn’t like Tony libratori either (Italian) in fact hated Hindi much was happy to see carried off on a stretcher and if he never played again because of the injury then good. Hated him like AFLcrap hates afl. I think if we can’t dislike a player for the way the play because of their heritage, which had nothing to do with whether you should like them or not, then we are in big trouble and it actually draws attention away from the very serious issue of racism. Let’s be very clear Goodes was being booed well and truely before he called out that person.
Some people would feel flattered that a poster continiously mentions them in posts that has nothing to do with him or what he said
Me I call it obsession ..a bad bad case of obsession .

Here's a hint
Stick to the topic .
& you can dislike a player no matter what colour or heritage .
& as much as you rant about how great the afl does with racism it's clear to those outside the bubble that there is token attempts for te image .
I have no doubt a lot of clubs are doing the right thing .
As for AFL house they're full of shit ...one rule for some fans ...different rules when it's McChins.


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 pm
So the afl has acted and done so much to address racism as I pointed out above ... yet people here still complain. They were the first code to introduce a racial vilification rule in this country ... the first. Recently memberships have been cancelled and a year or so ago, at the bequest of the vilified players, engaged those engaging in racial comments and actions in education... a much more mature step than punishment,l; one that is more likely to lead to change than that of punishment. Is there a way to go ... he’ll yes... there will be issues as long as there are issues in society .... I see the struggles with this daily. And no... the afl did not handle the Goodes issue well ... I do believe it became racial and they did not act quick enough. Hopefully they have learnt .... progress has been made.
Idiots can't even see ingrained racism in Eddie's "joke" or the booing of Adam Goode's are part of problem. This stems from lack of diversity across afl clubs, fans, players & let's face it nothing here has changed. Afl can pat itself on back for work against racism & create wiki pages listing Nick Riewoldt as German to demosrtate multiculturalism but crowds will be back & the reaction to kneeling players will be telling.



NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by NlolRL »

AngloFootballLeague wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:42 pm
Fred wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 pm
So the afl has acted and done so much to address racism as I pointed out above ... yet people here still complain. They were the first code to introduce a racial vilification rule in this country ... the first. Recently memberships have been cancelled and a year or so ago, at the bequest of the vilified players, engaged those engaging in racial comments and actions in education... a much more mature step than punishment,l; one that is more likely to lead to change than that of punishment. Is there a way to go ... he’ll yes... there will be issues as long as there are issues in society .... I see the struggles with this daily. And no... the afl did not handle the Goodes issue well ... I do believe it became racial and they did not act quick enough. Hopefully they have learnt .... progress has been made.
Idiots can't even see ingrained racism in Eddie's "joke" or the booing of Adam Goode's are part of problem. This stems from lack of diversity across afl clubs, fans, players & let's face it nothing here has changed. Afl can pat itself on back for work against racism & create wiki pages listing Nick Riewoldt as German to demosrtate multiculturalism but crowds will be back & the reaction to kneeling players will be telling.
Eddie received widespread condemnation for his racist joke, and apologised repeatedly. Everyone can see what was wrong with his joke so stop speaking out of your ass.



Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 7441
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by Fred »

Yep. He coped heaps... and rightly so.


Veni, vidi, vici

AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: AFL is the whitest & most racist of all sports

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

[float=][/float]
Fred wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:33 pm
Yep. He coped heaps... and rightly so.
Poor fellow.. Racial abused somebody but still has job and fans & media dismissed it as a "brain fade".



Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests