Roosters bring AFL star out of retirement

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Roosters bring AFL star out of retirement

Post by Terry »

This is a ridiculous proposition. The simple reason a AFL player will never play RL is because they can not and would not be good enough at any reasonable level. It is nothing to do with money. It would be a pointless and useless exercise.

It has been proven over and over again that the AFL can get people who have never played their game, and in some instances didn't even know it existed, and become stars. Eg Mason COX.......the bloke who had 'practice player for University female basketball team' on his resume before starring in fumbling. That's how easy it is to play the fumbling mess.

For someone to play RL at the top level they need years of experience, training and playing. There are too many rules and nuances for a fumbler to overcome. You cannot come from a game that is a totally undisciplined, rabble and expect to make it in a disciplined, high intensity, high impact elite sport.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Just read the first section and what a ridiculous proposition. If a Gary Ablett wanted to come over in his peak and they could throw the money his way to make it worth his while ... then he would do so easily. He would have to bulk up a bit but would fine. No question.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I’m sure an afl player can run in a straight line, catch a ball with no pressure from opposition delivered from 10 metres away with synthetic grip in it, and skirt around a few fat fellas. And if he gets tackled he is allowed to keep the ball with no pressure to dispose of it ..... real hard game. And even then if he drops it and it goes backwards it’s still in play ....... yes... British bulldogs with a ball. There’s a reason it split from union ... to dumb it down for the dumb uneducated working class.... a simplified version of union. And that’s a fact. As working class had to work they developed their own game ... realising it was all the dumb fucks that worked such jobs they had to make it simple.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:15 am
This is a ridiculous proposition. The simple reason a AFL player will never play RL is because they can not and would not be good enough at any reasonable level. It is nothing to do with money. It would be a pointless and useless exercise.

It has been proven over and over again that the AFL can get people who have never played their game, and in some instances didn't even know it existed, and become stars. Eg Mason COX.......the bloke who had 'practice player for University female basketball team' on his resume before starring in fumbling. That's how easy it is to play the fumbling mess.

For someone to play RL at the top level they need years of experience, training and playing. There are too many rules and nuances for a fumbler to overcome. You cannot come from a game that is a totally undisciplined, rabble and expect to make it in a disciplined, high intensity, high impact elite sport.
Lol
Spot on .
The bit where fumblers seem to lose their grip on reality is when their players step out of the insular bubble & go up against other real athletes they get smashed .
So the usual bizarro fantasy is enabled .
You posted facts .
Fumblers don't like facts .
So it's off with the fairies .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So a game for uneducated working class that requires a ball to be thrown 10 metres, very little aerobic fitness, no requirement to get rid of the ball when tackled, and no pressure on the catcher of the ball as skilful . British bulldogs with a ball.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And yet a 40 year old afl retiree gets a game lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And yet a 40 year old afl retiree gets a game lol
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

RL players to play at the highest level in the fumbleverse .....2. With little to no background .
Fumblers to play in the highest level of RL ...Aust rep..0
Fumblers to play in the second highest level of Rl ...SOO...0
Fumblers to play in the third highest level of RL..NRl domestic comp...0
Lol lol lol

🤣
Xman wrote
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Ahhh bitter old Crapper, where has your little mate gone?
Still having nightmares over the big ol' mean AFL putting a couple of new teams where you didn't want them?

You imply like they played our beautiful game on merit, and weren't just marketing tools. Did you actually see your boys' efforts? For such supreme athletes, they sure did look like drunk giraffes, and for such an 'unskilled' game, they sure did have a hard time with the most basic of skills.

Credit where it's due though, Hunt did kick a nice goal once.

"But but dey still plaid der n how many fumblers hav dun that?"

There's a role in AFL for all sizes, hence people like Mason Cox coming in and getting a game. I'm not sure how that suggests it's simple, being 7ft tall is quite handy in an aerial game.

I think Fred's analysis of the skill required in NRL was pretty good. Must be hard to retain possession of the ball when you receive it from one direction and can only be tackled in one direction.

I find it odd that you like looking at the big upper bodies and somehow ascertain that means they're superior athletes. I can pass a rugby ball a few metres, and catch it too, I'd just get pummelled when tackled by far bigger blokes.
I wonder if any of you could kick a football 20 metres with any sort of accuracy at all. Even a 10m handball would impress.

Video proof would be a fun one, I'm happy to provide.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Triggered fumblers are always good for the bullshit . Only tackled in one direction .
Oh my
You can get tackled front on
Side on .
Or from behind .
But don't let the truth get in the way of your jealous rants .
As for superior athletes ..
Lol
Can you post any Evidence please .
Simple,fact ...it is a fact
Two Rl players have made it as high as any player can go in your sport .
No afl player has made it into our top 3 levels .
That fact eats you up
There's plenty of evidence of Rl players smashing star fumblers when they go up against each other .
Try to live in the real world .
Fumble fans tend to deviate from reality when faced with facts .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

As said. It was a marketing ploy that went bad for the afl. Hunt was okay but at any other club wouldn’t have got a chance to develop. If the nrl wanted to try a similar gimmick and had the money to waste ... I’m sure there would be multiple players to choose from and develop. Hunt himself named Gary Ablett as being a player who could switch over. But but wait for it .... he was lying... he had to say it .... these will be the excuses.

Trust me, if the nrl wanted to do the gimmick with afl players ... and folk out the money to pull an elite player away from their career ... then there would be plenty to choose from.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 pm
As said. It was a marketing ploy that went bad for the afl. Hunt was okay but at any other club wouldn’t have got a chance to develop. If the nrl wanted to try a similar gimmick and had the money to waste ... I’m sure there would be multiple players to choose from and develop. Hunt himself named Gary Ablett as being a player who could switch over. But but wait for it .... he was lying... he had to say it .... these will be the excuses.

Trust me, if the nrl wanted to do the gimmick with afl players ... and folk out the money to pull an elite player away from their career ... then there would be plenty to choose from.
"Trust me" says Fred. Lolololololol. Quote of the year thus far Freddy boy!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Deflecting ? Anything to contribute ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

On another note ... how does this work? Does he have to be on their Official list to play in this comp ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Let’s say he makes a go of it ? Any chance he would go onto to regular season ? Maybe he could play in the World Cup, choosing to play on a minor nation team ? Is this possible ? That would be interesting .... playing in a World Cup.
Veni, vidi, vici