Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Minnowbourne storm named best team in Australasia

Post by Fred »

I agree. There is some support for the team ... but there is just not much of a grassroots game. I think they need to focus on this area as if the kids have limited opportunity to play then it creates as issue. At least there is a large grassroots Australian rules presence across the country and in non traditional areas.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 pm
I agree. There is some support for the team ... but there is just not much of a grassroots game. I think they need to focus on this area as if the kids have limited opportunity to play then it creates as issue. At least there is a large grassroots Australian rules presence across the country and in non traditional areas.
Thanks Freddy. And it's great you've got off the porch and are running with the big dogs again pal.

Now to your post: it goes without saying that the more grass roots players you have the better chance you will have of kids graduating to the top level. Thanks for saying it though!!!!

The fact is that from a very low base junior RL is growing in Vic. Here's a couple of sites to check out.
http://www.vusc.vic.edu.au/sports-acade ... y-academy/
http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... D=63200888

As to fumbling in the northern states: there has always been a small presence due to the fact the mess was competing with Rugby to be the No 1 sport over 100 years ago. The emergence of RL then confined it to a tiny niche but some small amount of clubs and comps survived.

Then of course there was the moving of the Australian parliament from Melbourne to Canberra in 1927 that bought thousands of Melbourne born public servants and there families to Canberra. Those folk bought the fumbling mess with them as they did not have the skills or aptitude to play Australia's most watched sport.

Then there was the Soldier resettlement scheme after both world wars where Vics moved onto farms in southern NSW and again bought their sporting mess with them.

And then there is the millions upon millions of $$ fumblehouse has poured into the northern states for decades. Money that has bought the game recognition and 'participation' numbers.

But Freddy you must always remember the Lawson report. You know ......the 'ol 'AFL propaganda over reality' facts delivered by the dear Dr Lawson. Things ain't as rosy as Gilty and the boys make out my friend. You of course are incapable of thought diverging from the dear leaders pronouncements.

And a question Freddy 'ol boy: How many kids from Sydney/NSW were picked by clubs in the recent draft? I had a quick glance and it seemed like......um......zero, zilch, none and nil!!! I only looked quickly so can you take a peak......I'm sure there must some Sydney kiddies drafted. I mean ...its Australia's biggest city. Here's a site for you to check Freddy. I look forward to your reply.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/11/30/2 ... nd-review/
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:46 pm
Thanks Freddy. And it's great you've got off the porch and are running with the big dogs again pal.

Now to your post: it goes without saying that the more grass roots players you have the better chance you will have of kids graduating to the top level. Thanks for saying it though!!!!

The fact is that from a very low base junior RL is growing in Vic. Here's a couple of sites to check out.

As to fumbling in the northern states: there has always been a small presence due to the fact the mess was competing with Rugby to be the No 1 sport over 100 years ago. The emergence of RL then confined it to a tiny niche but some small amount of clubs and comps survived.

Then of course there was the moving of the Australian parliament from Melbourne to Canberra in 1927 that bought thousands of Melbourne born public servants and there families to Canberra. Those folk bought the fumbling mess with them as they did not have the skills or aptitude to play Australia's most watched sport.

Then there was the Soldier resettlement scheme after both world wars where Vics moved onto farms in southern NSW and again bought their sporting mess with them.

And then there is the millions upon millions of $$ fumblehouse has poured into the northern states for decades. Money that has bought the game recognition and 'participation' numbers.

But Freddy you must always remember the Lawson report. You know ......the 'ol 'AFL propaganda over reality' facts delivered by the dear Dr Lawson. Things ain't as rosy as Gilty and the boys make out my friend. You of course are incapable of thought diverging from the dear leaders pronouncements.

And a question Freddy 'ol boy: How many kids from Sydney/NSW were picked by clubs in the recent draft? I had a quick glance and it seemed like......um......zero, zilch, none and nil!!! I only looked quickly so can you take a peak......I'm sure there must some Sydney kiddies drafted. I mean ...its Australia's biggest city. Here's a site for you to check Freddy. I look forward to your reply.

A couple of random links and endless dribble means jack shit terry!

In the afl alone you could field a side with kids from nsw or Qld alone

How many players from Victoria that one from a few years ago?

How many are ok
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:29 pm

How many are ok
Thanks for your comment 'man without a village'. But you don't seem to have comprehended my post. I asked how many kiddies were drafted from nsw this year? Please re-read and post appropriately pal. Ta.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

True Terry not a great year for the drafting of Nsw young fellas but it is hardly indicative ... if we get two or three then maybe a major concern ...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... 53fzb.html

But as pointed out there are plenty of qld and nsw people playing on afl lists so not like there are no grassroots ... as you pointed out ... aussie rules is played at decent levels right actions the country with numerous clubs right across the country both senior and junior. Rl cannot day that ... it is largely confined to nsw and qld here. I think this is the area to focus on for rl ... getting people to play the game ... and as you say there is some growth but from a very very low base indeed. I would guess there are likely more Aussie rules clubs in Sydney then the whole of Victoria, south Australia and tassie combined ... I’m not sure tassie even has a team/comp.

But if they can get that growing then the sky’s the limit I guess .. but as it is a lot of people still call league rugby ... so a long way to go. But I do agree the arl/nrl has seemed to have got their house in order of late ... and I think Gil is not half the administrator of his predecessor... which has seem the afl go back a little I feel.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:52 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:29 pm

How many are ok
Thanks for your comment 'man without a village'. But you don't seem to have comprehended my post. I asked how many kiddies were drafted from nsw this year? Please re-read and post appropriately pal. Ta.
Your trying to deflect away how irrelevant and the failure of inroads that the Minnowbourne Storm and league have made in Victoria!

1 player in 20 plus years
Near no one playing league!

Given that’s it’s the unskilled version of running with the ball under your arm and throw and catch 6 meter passes un opposed :wave:
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:18 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 pm
sill with no local player, a financial basket cast and least supported professional football team in Melbourne! :(/

keep winning and maybe one day the support levels wont be so minnow
You keep saying this yet you know it's a lie.

The team has more support than 2 of Victoria's soccer teams and by the looks of it, are closing in on the Victory who are dropping down each season. So if that's the case, how can they be the smallest and least supported football club?

Stop eating and drinking so much soy, it'll rot your brain and turn you into some sort of feminist freak. Wth am I talking about, it already has, you already watch the wimpiest code of them all. :badgrin:
bump for the idiot without a village.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 pm
sill with no local player, a financial basket cast and least supported professional football team in Melbourne! :(/

keep winning and maybe one day the support levels wont be so minnow

The team has more support than 2 of Victoria's soccer teams and by the looks of it, are closing in on the Victory who are dropping down each season. So if that's the case, how can they be the smallest and least supported football club?

Stop eating and drinking so much soy, it'll rot your brain and turn you into some sort of feminist freak. Wth am I talking about, it already has, you already watch the wimpiest code of them all. :badgrin:
the victory no
melbourne city maybe? but they have only been around 7 or 8 years and havent won anything

the storm have dominated and only had one yes one local player represent them where as the two melbourne sokka teams have had far more

once again clutching straws and stuggling to keep up
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:19 pm
ParraEelsNRL wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm

the victory no
melbourne city maybe? but they have only been around 7 or 8 years and havent won anything

the storm have dominated and only had one yes one local player represent them where as the two melbourne sokka teams have had far more

once again clutching straws and stuggling to keep up
So ÿou got caught out lying again .

Does not matter how long a team has been around .or how successful they have been .
That is irrelevant to your claim ..a claim you have made many times on here .
Lol caught out again
Good work Parra
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

True Melbourne Storm are a great run Team in all aspects,

I think the NRL and the Melbourne Storm have truely failed in 1 main critera.

building grassroots and academy's in Victoria.

I recan GWS and the AFL did more work in 5 years than the NRL and the Storm have done in 20 years.

and i am not talking about popularity, i am talking about ground work.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh I agree that they were terrible with the grassroots in Vic .
There's only so much that can be done when head office seems to have little interest .
Hopefully that gets addressed by te new boss .
As for GWS ...lol yes the afl has sunk plenty into AFL in Syd .
But I don't believe a lot of the propaganda about how popular at grassroots .
PRof Lawson highlighted the bullshit .
How they manipulate the numbers .
So many get sucked in by the afl propaganda machine

& its world class
Put NK to shame .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Agree. Bellamy would have yo be the best coach I have seen and the Storm reflect that. Indeed having the Storm in Melbourne has been good for the NRL however unfortunately this has not transcended into RL which is a very minor sport in Victoria with there being a large portion of the state without even a presence and a very small league that covers all of Melbourne. Baseball, which I played in a Melbourne is far bigger for instance.
Ah Fred all jealous about Rugby League. I am a big fan of the MLB in America.

But to say Baseball is far bigger than League in Melbourne is taking the piss.

Tell me Fred where are there million dollar contracts for baseball players in Melbourne? :cool:
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The Storm do okay - no doubt - I would hazard a guess that there are far more teams in baseball then RL in victoria. And far more senior baseball players. Hell they even have a masters comp. I know there are more leagues as RL have played in one. I'm not trying to be silly or stir - but baseball has a far higher participation rate then RL in victoria - and melbourne I would say.

I think there has been several australian baseball players make the MLB teams over the years too but not sure how many from victoria. Also, how many victorian RL players are earning million dollar contracts?

But hey - if you can show me the numbers for RL being higher than baseball in Victoria I will stand corrected.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

To be honest - I am a bit gobsmacked you'd think RL (outside Storm) has any real presence in Victoria. When you are in melbourne or victoria next see if you can spot a kid playing RL at school, a RL club/ground on the side of the road, kids throwing a rL ball at a park? They are meant to be getting a new sports excellence centre which will be good in Broadmeadows - which is fitting lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

We know facts and reality isn’t the friend of the league brigade!