Sydney Football Stadium rebuild in chaos as Lendlease leaves project

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Sydney Football Stadium rebuild in chaos as Lendlease leaves project

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:27 pm
Another one says nah

but two others will put in bids
So what's ya point pal???? Have ya got one????

Mine is: the stadium will be built on time and very close to budget. Remembering the Parra stadium came in under budget.

Got a point to ya post pal???
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Is that a concession?
No longer "on budget" but "very close to budget"
So over budget.
Is that what you mean Terry?
It will run on time but over budget?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

What a clusterfuck this stadium policy is turning out to be. I guess the NSW government don’t care... it’s only NSW taxpayers $$$ to waste.

I promised to put a sock in it but #StadiumSplurge I told yers so!
Peter FitzSimons
August 4, 2019

HashtagStadiumSplurge? Don’t get me started. I did promise to put a sock in it, given that the NSW government did indeed win the election despite the sheer absurdity of its stadium policy. Might I, however, be permitted to raise at least one wry eyebrow at the news that Lendlease, the presumed contractor to rebuild it, went mad and the government had to shoot it?

Why, you ask, did we all presume Lendlease were the contractors? Because, right when the issue was white-hot, in December 2018, the then sports minister Stuart Ayers made it clear: “There’s one contract that’s been awarded to Lendlease . . . I can’t separate this contract into two stages to reflect the planning process. We have two stages of construction. One contract.”

All fairly simple and transparent. ’Cept it wasn’t. Now the position is that the “one contract” had a dismissal clause if the government wasn’t satisfied with Lendlease which, now the demolition part is completed, it has activated.

What remains of the stadium at Moore Park.CREDIT:BROOK MITCHELL

This leaves the government where? I would say on the blower to Sh--creek Paddlemakers ordering another consignment. For, despite new Sports Minister John Sidoti insisting that “the government will deliver Sydney Football Stadium on time and on budget”, that simply doesn’t stack up.

Time? There isn't any. From a hole in the ground now, the government promised the stadium would be read by the beginning of the NRL season of 2022, now just over two-and-a-half years away. And not only does it not have a contractor locked down, it still lacks planning approval for the new stadium from the Department of Planning which is, I am told, likely months away.

On budget? Please. To receive the approval above, the minister has to be satisfied that the new stadium meets the criteria of “Design Excellence” and be an absolutely first-rate job. So the new contractor, from a standing start, must get up to speed on the whole project, find a profit in the $729 million budget – less demolition costs – that Lendlease could not, and put in a hard bid to win the contract, even before it knows what conditions for construction the Department of Planning will impose . . . and get the whole thing built by 2022, at least before the NRL Grand Final in October? I call bulls--t. As I’ve ranted a little unpleasantly for some time, even on the $729 million pricetag, the numbers never remotely stacked up as justification to knock down a modern stadium. Not even the government could make the case that it would get more than 95 cents back for every dollar put in. On a cost and time blow-out, the numbers will be even more ludicrous.

And so I’ll stop now – at least for as long as I can restrain myself. Just wanted to say, I told yers so!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/i-p ... 52dfb.html
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

What happened to Stuart Ayres?
Got out while the going was,...... Um,.......good....

If they get change from $1,000,000,000.00 now I'll be very surprised.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

"on the blower to shit creek paddle makers for another consignment"

Fark'n funny stuff.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

We will just have to wait and see. I expect some creative accounting and some but but buts.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol Bea is back to posting articles by bandana head .
Lol desperate much ?
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:44 am
Lol desperate much ?
The NSW Government and the NRL?

You betcha :(/
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

SportCapital wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:51 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:27 am
SportCapital wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 am

Until further notice RL has lost SFS completely to a pile of dust. 8-[

How many builders do you think there is with the capacity to build a stadium within the increasingly tight deadline?
Other than lend lease I can think of only 2.
There are thousands of construction companies able to do it both locally and internationally. There are large construction companies building major projects all over Australia.
Do you actually think all those cranes for major projects in Sydney and Melbourne are Lendlease? :lol:

I bet your an office worker thinking that. :lol:

Anyways at the end of the day Rugby Union, Soccer and Rugby League will have the best stadium venues in Sydney. :\:
Thousands hey.......
Lend lease, Multiplex and Balderstone.
They're my three suitors.

Name 3 others with large stadium experience?
Not forgetting "on time and on budget".
They have had international companies building loads of large scale infrastructure projects here. The Light Rail for example was done by a mob from Spain.

I know these would all be capable of building the stadium
Mirvac
Watpac
John Holland
BGC
ADCO
Fulton Hogan
CPB Contractors

Then you have loads of international companies that could do it. Do seriously think there are only 3 construction companies in Australia that can build a stadium?? :lol:

Sour grapes from the AFL fanboys. You all tried to stop the stadium from being knocked down. IT GOT DEMOLISHED :lol:

You all tried to stop ANZ from being reconfigured to a rectangular stadium.
IT'S BEING RECONFIGURED :cool:

You all complained about the Parramatta stadium rebuild. IT GOT REBUILT :\:

Now your all saying they won't find someone to build a new Sydney Football Stadium lol..
GUESS WHAT GUYS, IT WILL BE REBUILT AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVERY AFL STADIUM IN SYDNEY :wink: :thumbleft:

Seriously what a bunch of pelicans you AFL lot are :lol: Clutching at straws so desperate to stop Rugby, Soccer and Union from having all the best venues. But it's happening :cool:

Go back to Melbourne if you dont like it. :cheers:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Beaussie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:19 am
What a clusterfuck this stadium policy is turning out to be. I guess the NSW government don’t care... it’s only NSW taxpayers $$$ to waste.

I promised to put a sock in it but #StadiumSplurge I told yers so!
Peter FitzSimons
August 4, 2019

HashtagStadiumSplurge? Don’t get me started. I did promise to put a sock in it, given that the NSW government did indeed win the election despite the sheer absurdity of its stadium policy. Might I, however, be permitted to raise at least one wry eyebrow at the news that Lendlease, the presumed contractor to rebuild it, went mad and the government had to shoot it?

Why, you ask, did we all presume Lendlease were the contractors? Because, right when the issue was white-hot, in December 2018, the then sports minister Stuart Ayers made it clear: “There’s one contract that’s been awarded to Lendlease . . . I can’t separate this contract into two stages to reflect the planning process. We have two stages of construction. One contract.”

All fairly simple and transparent. ’Cept it wasn’t. Now the position is that the “one contract” had a dismissal clause if the government wasn’t satisfied with Lendlease which, now the demolition part is completed, it has activated.

What remains of the stadium at Moore Park.CREDIT:BROOK MITCHELL

This leaves the government where? I would say on the blower to Sh--creek Paddlemakers ordering another consignment. For, despite new Sports Minister John Sidoti insisting that “the government will deliver Sydney Football Stadium on time and on budget”, that simply doesn’t stack up.

Time? There isn't any. From a hole in the ground now, the government promised the stadium would be read by the beginning of the NRL season of 2022, now just over two-and-a-half years away. And not only does it not have a contractor locked down, it still lacks planning approval for the new stadium from the Department of Planning which is, I am told, likely months away.

On budget? Please. To receive the approval above, the minister has to be satisfied that the new stadium meets the criteria of “Design Excellence” and be an absolutely first-rate job. So the new contractor, from a standing start, must get up to speed on the whole project, find a profit in the $729 million budget – less demolition costs – that Lendlease could not, and put in a hard bid to win the contract, even before it knows what conditions for construction the Department of Planning will impose . . . and get the whole thing built by 2022, at least before the NRL Grand Final in October? I call bulls--t. As I’ve ranted a little unpleasantly for some time, even on the $729 million pricetag, the numbers never remotely stacked up as justification to knock down a modern stadium. Not even the government could make the case that it would get more than 95 cents back for every dollar put in. On a cost and time blow-out, the numbers will be even more ludicrous.

And so I’ll stop now – at least for as long as I can restrain myself. Just wanted to say, I told yers so!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/i-p ... 52dfb.html
Peter FitzSimons, a clown at the circus has more credibility. He has always been pro AFL over NRL and even Union these days. Is that who your getting your information off?? :(/
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Well......this is one of those laughable threads fumblers and other idiots like to promote on this magnificent site. The cold hard facts are a stadium will be built. Most probably on time and on budget. And if it isn't on time and on budget who cares????? It will still be done.

This is a time wasting nothing of a subject. And when folk quote Australia's biggest idiot.......Mrs FitzWilkinson.....you know it's time they hoist up the white flag. Fools quoting fools ain't gonna cut it!!!!!
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:37 pm

There are thousands of construction companies able to do it both locally and internationally. There are large construction companies building major projects all over Australia.
Do you actually think all those cranes for major projects in Sydney and Melbourne are Lendlease? :lol:

Anyways at the end of the day Rugby Union, Soccer and Rugby League will have the best stadium venues in Sydney. :\:
Thousands hey.......

They have had international companies building loads of large scale infrastructure projects here. The Light Rail for example was done by a mob from Spain.

Mirvac
Watpac
John Holland
BGC
ADCO
Fulton Hogan
CPB Contractors

Then you have loads of international companies that could do it. Do seriously think there are only 3 construction companies in Australia that can build a stadium?? :lol:

Sour grapes from the AFL fanboys. You all tried to stop the stadium from being knocked down. IT GOT DEMOLISHED :lol:

Now your all saying they won't find someone to build a new Sydney Football Stadium lol..
GUESS WHAT GUYS, IT WILL BE REBUILT AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVERY AFL STADIUM IN SYDNEY :wink: :thumbleft:

Seriously what a bunch of pelicans you AFL lot are :lol: Clutching at straws so desperate to stop Rugby, Soccer and Union from having all the best venues. But it's happening :cool:

Don’t see those companies lining up or maybe be busy locked in to other projects as well!

Lend lease fled
Others are making a loud no they are not interested

Afl fans aren’t doing a thing to stop nrlol, sokka the stadium being built besides being in a fit of laughter at you moronic league fans linking the afl to this :[]
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Thousands hey.......

Mirvac
Watpac
John Holland
BGC
ADCO
Fulton Hogan
CPB Contractors

I thought the complaints were coming from nsw (Sydney) people? Why would people from other states care? I couldn’t care less. Just seems the nrl have a knack of everything they touch turns sour in one way or another... it’s like they are jinxed.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

A lot of AFL fans are against anything that is beneficial for other football codes.
Why, because they see this as a threat to the progress of their code. A lot of AFL fans want NSW and Qld to be like Melbourne.
It upsets them that we prefer other codes here. They can't comprehend that some people just don't like AFL. Because they are from small bubble areas where AFL is life.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Lol. Small afl bubble where it exists . Second most popular and followed code in Sydney. Most popular in some parts of nsw.

As I have said before... it were Sydney folk and a Sydney issue re: the money spent on these stadiums. I assume most complaining were rl folk, ru folk, or soccer folk? Why would afl folk care. They have the SCG, the most iconic ground in Sydney many would argue. I don’t think they liked playing at anz anyway.
Veni, vidi, vici