AngloFL failed global expansion.. next destination

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: AngloFL failed global expansion.. next destination

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:59 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 am
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:13 am
what global expansion?
A few exhibition games aparently does :-k
Oh dear .
He's all yours Wookie .
Let me explain lol
Probably go straight over your empty head .
A team in Canada playing out of Canada ..is not an exhibition game
A team from PNG playing out of that country & also playing away games in Aust ..is not exhibition games .

:))) :))) :)))
You're the stupidest human being I've ever encountered .
No concept of the real world .
It’s you league loonies making the claim that the afl is trying to!

And in rl expansion why is rl is only remotely popular around the world as to where union is played
Same field and posts
Similar ball and rules
And wtf is with a scrum in league
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:26 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:36 pm
AngloFL not even close to creating overseas pro league or teams as they can't even generate minimal interest where they go.
And not even trying to create them. Or cant you fucking read?
China game was intended to bring in sponsors & build local interest via TV - how did that go?
Local tv was ancillary not primary. And by the accounts of the league and the teams involved, it has brought in sponsors.
Wellington hoped AngloFL would become an attraction to fill its stadium, however that flopped.
Not expansion, Wellington might have had its hopes and dreams but they werent the same as the AFL and St Kilda.
AngloFL teams visited South Africa to develop game with boasts of nation becoming a superpower. Still waiting on that.
Potential and possibilities arent certainties.
Percentage of AngloFL players with parents born overseas is the lowest of any football code. In fact its far lower than national average.
Cant argue with that. That study is here for anyone who hasnt read it.
The league is insular & mono cultural.
yeah thats not what the study said either. Its low, but not mono-cultural at all. See this from the AFLPA in 2017.
Applying RL qualifications still won't get you a tournament.
It would though if we did, but we arent. I mean hell just about any sport could have a world cup based on the one grand parent ancestry rule.
Way to move goal posts or is that add bunch of new ones like isolated AngloFL does. Attempts to grow game have fallen so short your saying now that nobody has even tried - that's a lie.
Which major Chinese sponsors has AngloFL picked up?
2018 TV deal to show AngloFL weekly in small part of China was lauded by press, with poor Port boasting it would GROW GAME THERE. If this is still a thing & who pays for it I can't tell you.
Attempts to grow & build audience in NZ have failed. In aftermath you're passing blame.
Statistically AngloFL is the whitest game. Not forgetting game is not close to professional elsewhere - world cup would be a joke. Kinda like AngloFL international cup where only nation not present is the one nation that plays game.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Don’t listen to Wookie subterfuge, and smokescreens and mirrors. Blind Freddy knows the Afl have long wished to be relevant internationally and dreamed of having pro teams outside Australia.

Demetriou told _The West Australian _ yesterday that future boundaries for football's growth were unlimited, with both New Zealand and Asia international possibilities as both the face of the competition and the nation changed in coming decades.

:lol:

He might ban me now folks, he’s done it once before when I showed him up to be providing misleading info 8-[

:lol:
South Africa will save AngloFL
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

i always thought, maybe incorrectly, that afl had a string indigenous following and a lot of indigenous players at afl level?
Anyone got the stats?

Also I note there are African players playing afl ... not many but there have been a few. Have any made it to nrl level yet?

Seems more islanders play league and union and I suspect this is due to 1 they are suited to the game and 2 the game is popular in that part of the world.

What about people from Asia or Asian backgrounds . How many afl and how many in nrl. Anyone got the stats?
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Fred wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 am
i always thought, maybe incorrectly, that afl had a string indigenous following and a lot of indigenous players at afl level?
Anyone got the stats?

Also I note there are African players playing afl ... not many but there have been a few. Have any made it to nrl level yet?

Seems more islanders play league and union and I suspect this is due to 1 they are suited to the game and 2 the game is popular in that part of the world.

What about people from Asia or Asian backgrounds . How many afl and how many in nrl. Anyone got the stats?
I know Union has a lot of Asian and African players. More than both League & AFL.

And Rugby codes seems to have always had more success in getting other cultures into their sport more than the Anglo Football League.

It won't be long till African players start rising through the NRL though.
Is already an established team in Western Sydney called Africa United.

RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Jayden Okunbor plays for Bulldogs. Jamal Idris before him. Players with Nigerian background in Super League.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

That’s good to see with a team of rl African players. Hopefully some will come through like they have with the afl.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Not too sure of the wisdom of the AFL wanting to expand the code overseas.
If they were successful in this pursuit, and a growing overseas competition was established, there would be a danger they could loose control of the player market as has happened with soccer.
The Toronto wolfpack is a good example, certainly with some differences, about how cashed up owners of a team based in a non traditional area can dominate a sport. A fully professional team in a part time league, dominating both the player market and the competition. Although If they don’t get promoted this year the owners interest may wain a little.
IMO the AFL should concentrate on promoting the game in our own non traditional areas and to re-establish its dominance in areas it once held sway.
The AFL has the financial capacity to expand, however any increase in teams, and it would take a disaster for any of the existing teams to fold or relocate, creates major scheduling issues.
Gone are the days of every team playing each other twice. There are numerous permutations that could be implemented but none are great, but neither is the current fixture.
If the AFL is really intent on growing the game overseas, I would concentrate on areas that
1. Have cricket grounds,
2. Have an intense sporting culture
3. Have money
4. Have a population that is adaptable and thrives on change
5. Have a large part of the population that seeks (better) employment.

India fits the above, a very rich elite and a large proportion of the population that are not. A long term project indeed but could be commenced anD maintained relatively cheaply and probably paid for by the established ptv which is, apparently, very popular, profitable and growing.
The Indian Premier League Is an example of what can be done against tradition.
So if the AFL is intent on expansion India may be the way to go.
However, be careful what you wish for, you may get it: the Indian premier league is an example of what can be done against tradition.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 am
Not too sure of the wisdom of the AFL wanting to expand the code overseas.
If they were successful in this pursuit, and a growing overseas competition was established, there would be a danger they could loose control of the player market as has happened with soccer.
The Toronto wolfpack is a good example, certainly with some differences, about how cashed up owners of a team based in a non traditional area can dominate a sport. A fully professional team in a part time league, dominating both the player market and the competition. Although If they don’t get promoted this year the owners interest may wain a little.
IMO the AFL should concentrate on promoting the game in our own non traditional areas and to re-establish its dominance in areas it once held sway.
The AFL has the financial capacity to expand, however any increase in teams, and it would take a disaster for any of the existing teams to fold or relocate, creates major scheduling issues.
Gone are the days of every team playing each other twice. There are numerous permutations that could be implemented but none are great, but neither is the current fixture.
If the AFL is really intent on growing the game overseas, I would concentrate on areas that
1. Have cricket grounds,
2. Have an intense sporting culture
3. Have money
4. Have a population that is adaptable and thrives on change
5. Have a large part of the population that seeks (better) employment.

India fits the above, a very rich elite and a large proportion of the population that are not. A long term project indeed but could be commenced anD maintained relatively cheaply and probably paid for by the established ptv which is, apparently, very popular, profitable and growing.
The Indian Premier League Is an example of what can be done against tradition.
So if the AFL is intent on expansion India may be the way to go.
However, be careful what you wish for, you may get it: the Indian premier league is an example of what can be done against tradition.
India would reject AngloFL for a variety of reasons.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

1. India has no cultural connection to AngloFL. Australians of Indian extraction show no interest.
2. Beaten to punch by soccer which has seen recent boast by creation of Indian super league.
3. Overseas expansion of AngloFL has always failed.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:37 pm
1. India has no cultural connection to AngloFL. Australians of Indian extraction show no interest.
2. Beaten to punch by soccer which has seen recent boast by creation of Indian super league.
How many times thickshit the afl has never tried to expand over seas! Just played one off exibitition games here and there

Afl isn’t like league where it has the union connection! Except league is for the simple dialect stupid union fans!

Union dates back centuries ago to Europe!
The fact that league is still so minnow and amateur on the world stage and is only pretty much popular or played where union is only goes to show what a joke league is internationally! And it’s stupid fans base who claims this

Afl fans do not try and claim that afl is big or popular over seas as it hasn’t really had a chance to be shown off to the world except from a few games and highlights packages from the internet that has only become accessible to most parts of the world in the past 20 years
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

lol just lol
The endless loop
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Australians of Indian descent don’t seem to show much interest in any sport except for supporting India when they are out here for cricket. Never thought about that before but it does seem that way
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:37 pm
How many times thickshit the afl has never tried to expand over seas! Just played one off exibitition games here and there

Afl isn’t like league where it has the union connection! Except league is for the simple dialect stupid union fans!

Union dates back centuries ago to Europe!
The fact that league is still so minnow and amateur on the world stage and is only pretty much popular or played where union is only goes to show what a joke league is internationally! And it’s stupid fans base who claims this

Afl fans do not try and claim that afl is big or popular over seas as it hasn’t really had a chance to be shown off to the world except from a few games and highlights packages from the internet that has only become accessible to most parts of the world in the past 20 years
Just own the failure. If there was no intention to grow game elsewhere why even play overseas?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think there would have to be parts of the afl business structure that looks at how to grow the game. Exploring new markets would be one such thing. I think a risk analysis would be done and if benefit out weighed risk they would consider it. Some work done don’t. Aflx springs to mind. With China I thought that was a bridge too far as well. Whilst the benefits are great if successful , the risks, whilst low haven’t taken into account the stigma of this being the or flop I think it has been. Sure, port apparently got new sponsors and it all broke even ... and maybe the pr side is short term pain, but to me a total waste. In saying that, I’d rather the afl have a daring approach to such things then take on the NRL risk adverse approach that has seen the game stall and not expand. At least superleague saw the need for expansion.
Veni, vidi, vici