Is State of Origin more important than Afl finals footy inWA?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Is State of Origin more important than Afl finals footy inWA?

Post by notaleaguefan »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:34 pm
notaleaguefan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:34 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am
:lol: several Afl fans have foolishly suggested just that. Prob is swans don’t hold crowd records above rugby league at the scg or anywhere else in Sydney for that matter sport ol chap :)

And There’s numerous nrl games on every weekend in old Sydney town compared to just the one for Afl so ur argument is null and void dear sport. Nice try tho :)
the ground has had several different construction set ups through the life of the venue
the swans hold a better crowd than any nrlol team at stadium australia or a H&A game and finals game :)))
:^o :^o :^o :^o
Let’s start with finals
Stadium Australia
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
2014 NRL Grand Final
5 October 2014

Can you find me the swans finals crowd at stadium Australia that beats this?

:lol: you silly silly gosling, do some bloody research and respect the glorious might of state of origin for a change you poor emo meltdowning sod!
That’s the grand final!
That the best you have
Comparable game!

Oh wait you can’t :wave:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Not sure if you’re aware but the grand final is a final dear adumb. You said swans have the highest finals crowd in Sydney so please find me your evidence of this :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And ok I’m sorry, If you only want finals I’ll adjust...just for you ok :)

Try 74509 parramatta v Canterbury final 2009. Wikipedia isn’t ur friend :(/

:lol:

:\: I don’t think you can ya poor duffer :lol: even with the swans being the only team in town and benefitting from the novelty factor that was stadium Australia when it opened to Afl :\: nice try tho :)

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The Billy Graham revival meeting heads the list for the AFL :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Yes, it is. A phenomenon soon to sweep across the southern/western states.

I guess this formula also shows that SOO is indeed more important than NRL finals in Sydney too. Apparently not according to you lot though.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:35 am
And ok I’m sorry, If you only want finals I’ll adjust...just for you ok :)

Try 74509 parramatta v Canterbury final 2009. Wikipedia isn’t ur friend :(/

:\: I don’t think you can ya poor duffer :lol: even with the swans being the only team in town and benefitting from the novelty factor that was stadium Australia when it opened to Afl :\: nice try tho :)
Nice research based factual reporting KE!!!! That is something RL folks here do so very well over and over. Research. Facts. Reasoned arguments. Tremendous stuff!!!!!! =D =D =D =D =D =D
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

I think a WA Rugby League team would be more popular than the Storm are in Melbourne.

They won't threaten AFL there. But it would calve out it's own healthy fan base for sure.

I heard cash converters was happy to bankroll most of a Perth clubs costs if it happened.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:18 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:28 pm
No, you are showing symptoms ur in the midst of a mammoth state of origin emo meltdown Wookie! I urge you to gather a large towel, fill it with ice, wrap it around ur forehead and lie down, immediately. You’re clearly burning up bro, seething mad with rage. Just chill out and when your symptoms have subsided come back an read the next paragraph. Ok?

So, let’s be very clear here, I’ve stated that state of origin (easy now just breath) is more important to attend at optus oval than Afl. Afl may be more important across the board but in terms of attending, the only evidence we have at hand is crystal clear. The people turned up in greater numbers for the state of origin (think of a calm blue ocean, waves lapping softly on the shore) , greater numbers than anything ever at optus stadium.
For one event. which drew 1,500 more than a Western Derby this year.
And Id bear in mind the AVERAGE crowd for West Coast is over 52,000. But you hang your hat on the one off 59,000.
Now, please read what I’ve said properly and don’t go all emo and meltdown into shmack like “but what about the rugby the soccer and the theatre, but what about 120years of the Afl!” :****:
Ill say whatever I fucking want.
Now if you don’t agree just gimme some evidence that proves Afl (including finals footy) is more important to attend at optus stadium than... easy now ....state of origin (breath deeply now, through ur nose and out ur mouth)

Thanks and you’re :)))
One crowd. One event. These events are exactly the same kind of theatre events that governments get in - exactly like the soccer and bledisloe that are coming to the same venue. If you cant see the comparison, then your as blind as anyone else.
Members and guests I have a feeling I may not be round for a while, Wookie don’t like it when I smash him with facts so another banning may be on the cards. Until I return...Adios amigos! :D: :thumbleft: :salute:
Lets be clear, you continue to base this assertion of one event, like it means something in the big picture. But who would be surprised you do the same thing with 3 origin matches a year.
G'day mate!!!!! Nice posting.

Now: I can't speak for KE but I think he may be kinda, maybe, possibly, talking tongue in cheek on this issue. I'll leave that up to him to say.

However the fact remains RL now holds the record for the biggest crowd at Optus Stadium. That point is unarguable, incontrovertible......and in the record books.

Now Wooks: I do have an issue with you about your attitude to SOO. You do seem to have little regard for the thrice yearly event. You know.....the one that for decades has supplied Australia's top rating Tv programs. Not just a one off.....or.....two.... but in fact......three......every year........year on year!!!!!! Quite an achievement I'd say!!

I put that down to your bubble upbringing. You don't understand what it means to 54% of the population this great land.

And I don't blame you for that. God knows I've spent a massive amount of time in Melbourne and the desert states & I know what it's like.

In any case I think you should lighten up pal. This is not life or death. We're all having a bit of fun here. Let go of the angst!!!!! And let's all enjoy ourselves in our little worlds wherever they are.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:12 am
I was born a queenslander, dont assume shit.

I also know that Origin ratings and crowds account for less than 10% of the total leauge ratings and crowds over the course of the year, and that 3 matches maketh not the winter.
When did ya leave Qld?

Everyone knows 3 games don't make a season. No RL person says it does. But 3 games that rate in the top 5 in Australia yearly sure do deserve & merit attention. How much media did the final episode of MAFS get pal?? Yep.....massive!!! But its now behind SOO 1 & 2. Are you going ballistic about MAF's coverage??

It's no wonder you and your type go mental about it. Plain jealously. You need to show a bit of respect pal!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol I love this time of year ,
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:20 am
discussion isnt going "mental". get over yourselves. Its a fucking forum, people are expected to be able to fucking discuss things without you lot jumping all over them.
Ah ah [-X correction this is not just a ‘fucking forum’. This is a fucking fight club forum my dear Wookie. Big difference which as our illustrious admin I hope one day you will understand.

And please, I know its origin time of year, but can you cut out the preciousness? We’re not really jumping over you at all but rather having a jolly good laugh at ur inability and all struggle to acknowledge the reality that is the State of origin behemoth which towers over and above anything the Afl dishes up, year after year :lol:

xman wrote:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:05 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:56 pm
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:20 am
discussion isnt going "mental". get over yourselves. Its a fucking forum, people are expected to be able to fucking discuss things without you lot jumping all over them.
Ah ah [-X correction this is not just a ‘fucking forum’. This is a fucking fight club forum my dear Wookie. Big difference which as our illustrious admin I hope one day you will understand.
discussion is still allowed in a forum without referring to anyone who disagrees with your position as having a meltdown.
And please, I know its origin time of year, but can you cut out the preciousness? We’re not really jumping over you at all but rather having a jolly good laugh at ur inability and all struggle to acknowledge the reality that is the State of origin behemoth which towers over and above anything the Afl dishes up, year after year :lol:
Ill stop being "precious" when you start to act like a civlised human being here.
'Civilised human being'! I agree 100 %. I urge you to reciprocate.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:30 pm
I will when you start behaving like someone whose posts i should give a damn about instead of a glorified spam bot.
Alright that’s it! This post has been officially reported with the following msg attached to the report. Dear dear me Wookie, I know it’s origin time but for the love of god please toughen up!

This post has been reported for repeated Sookyness And state of origin meltdown like behaviour. And could I please request that excessive state of origin meltdown behaviour be added as an drop down menu option for easier reporting purposes?

The origin has proven its the most important game To attend in Perth....EVER ...period....and there’s no amount of sooking and crying that Afl is the bestest that’s gunna change that fact wookie!

Now bow down! BOW DOWN before the state of origin gods and repeat after me... the Afl will never produce anything as great. I acknowledge and respect the origin gods Wally Lewis, Sam backo, Steve blocka roach and Brett Kenny and all of the men who’ve made the behemoth that is STATE IF ORIGIN!

:o

xman wrote:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:30 pm
I will when you start behaving like someone whose posts i should give a damn about instead of a glorified spam bot.
Well Wookie........I think I speak on behalf of the good RL folk here that I"ve just about had a gut full of you. I'm about to tell you things you won't like. In fact things that will tip your fragile temperate to the edge.

I'm giving you warning because I actually care about the human state of mind and well-being.

Before I go further I am giving you the opportunity to, in the words of the great George Orwell, 'vapourise' me before I unload. I am growing weary of you.

If I am indeed 'vapourised' I would like to thank my fellow RL posters for our interactions and healthy commonsense posting and feeling of collegiality here. It's been fun. To the fumbling folk I wish you no ill will. I understand the circumstances under which your lives are subjected. God knows it must be hard.

Wookie, I leave my fate in your hands. If I am not here tomorrow ut non revertemur ad frequentas my friend.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:59 pm
You've had a gutful? hahaha.
Pal, if this job (lolololololol) is too hard for ya resign!!!! Hand it over. Get out. Forget about this lamentable site.

Your temperate is not suited to this environment. It is proven every day. You are incapable of growing this site or having objective 'argument'.

Gods speed and all the best. You'll need it.