How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by Fred »

I think he’s a bit out of his depth.
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Quolls2019 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:37 am
Terry wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:00 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Defective deflection, you have been pushing the Anglophile angle without knowing what it actually meant and will not admit it.

And you still can’t get it right...it specifically relates to the English or related to the English. Not all English are white and not all white are English, in fact most are not.

“Anglo is a prefix indicating a relation to the Angles, England, the English people or the English language, such as in the term Anglo-Saxon language. It is often used alone, somewhat loosely, to refer to people of British Isles descent in the Americas, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia.”

Oh my. Perhaps you could evolve into a person who has more comprehension.
Wrong on every count my friend! Saxons pertains to the Germanic tribes who invaded Britain after the Romans left. The pre-fix Anglo refers to the successive generations of Saxons who lived & populated Britain. : I.E. - they are Saxons living in Britain.

The UK also has large populations of Celts largely in Ireland, Wales and Scotland. And of course there is the Normans of Normandy France. You know......1066AD and all that.

So your premise that Anglo Saxons relates to the English or English language is demonstrably incorrect, without nuance and ignorant of the facts.

And yes......the Anglo-Saxons are lily white. Which is the point being made here.
Nope, not only evolving language, Chuckballers are now retrospectively evolving history.

“Anglo-Saxon, term used historically to describe any member of the Germanic peoples who, from the 5th century ce to the time of the Norman Conquest (1066), inhabited and ruled territories that are today part of England and Wales.Jul 30, 2019”
https://www.britannica.com

So the encyclopaedia Britannica says it refers to people that “today” you know, now?, occupy England and Wales , and does not, now, and since the 5th century, refer to anyone else and less you know better than Britannica.

You argue with great authority from a position of great ignorance.

Demonstrably smug and wrong.
I'm with Terry on this - Quolls has a history of blunders; claiming few parents of anglofl players born overseas were born in England when that country had the most, arguing most anglofl fans don't claim game is international despite posts from other fans to the contrary & most recently stating a packed Brookvale was only 60% capacity based on long outdated information.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

So your wrong too. You know more than the encyclopaedia BRITANNica, I don’t think so...perhaps you should write to them to get it corrected, and stop wasting your valuable time here.

1. I gave you the reference to check on non Anglo heritage, you refused to check.
2. A couple of posters on this site is not representative of MOST AFL fans, I’m sure the AFL has more fans than a couple.
3. All but one reference to Brookvale gives the higher figure.....all but one that I can find...
Again your ability to comprehend is very, very, poor.
And for someone who did not know what Anglophile meant, has used it for sometime and has not admitted that they are wrong, well, you have no credibility at all
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

the link is a dud
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Good link. So if 3 percent of the population is aboriginal or Torres Strait then would that not suggest that 10 percent playing Australian Rules is actually a good number ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

How many have to have a white parent ?
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

None
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

AFL is not even the Indigenous game of Australia. Was invented by the Irish who made an Aussies version of Gaelic football when settling in Victoria.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:57 pm
AFL is not even the Indigenous game of Australia. Was invented by the Irish who made an Aussies version of Gaelic football when settling in Victoria.
Complete garbage,
“The first Gaelic football rules, showing the influence of hurling and a desire to differentiate from association football—for example in their lack of an offside rule—were drawn up by Maurice Davin and published in the United Ireland magazine on 7 February 1887. The rules of the aforementioned Commercials Club became the basis for these official (Gaelic Football) rules who, unsurprisingly, won the inaugural All-Ireland Senior Football Final (representing County Limerick). The very first game of Gaelic Football under GAA rules (developed by Maurice Davin) was played near Callan, Co Kilkenny in February 1885.[9]”
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Quolls2019 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:57 pm
Complete garbage,
“The first Gaelic football rules, showing the influence of hurling and a desire to differentiate from association football—for example in their lack of an offside rule—were drawn up by Maurice Davin and published in the United Ireland magazine on 7 February 1887. The rules of the aforementioned Commercials Club became the basis for these official (Gaelic Football) rules who, unsurprisingly, won the inaugural All-Ireland Senior Football Final (representing County Limerick). The very first game of Gaelic Football under GAA rules (developed by Maurice Davin) was played near Callan, Co Kilkenny in February 1885.[9]”
Is still a break off of Gaelic football. AFL is about as indigenous as a white man being born in Australia.

Souths is the aboriginals official club they like to support. Not one AFL club would have more indigenous support than Souths.

Yet you clowns self proclaim yourselves the Indigenous game.
How about your sports treatment of Adam Goodes?
Is that how a so called indigenous game treats its indigenous players is it?
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

notaleaguefan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:37 am
The rugby’s get the bulk of the islanders to play for them as the game is perfectly suited to their large frames body types. They are burst athletes.

And any successful islander to have played afl?
Mouri, Tongan, PNG, Fiji ect
Every Islander I have met has bagged AFL. A lot prefer Union but still like League though.

AFL tried it with Izzy hoping it would engage other Islanders to play. But this just failed.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 pm
The rugby’s get the bulk of the islanders to play for them as the game is perfectly suited to their large frames body types. They are burst athletes.

Every Islander I have met has bagged AFL. A lot prefer Union but still like League though.

AFL tried it with Izzy hoping it would engage other Islanders to play. But this just failed.
Which is zero or the the few down at your local league club
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:50 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Which is zero or the the few down at your local league club
Well I don't see the Islander community turning up in large numbers to watch AFL if any :lol:

But somehow they all seem to want to turn up to watch their national Rugby League teams play.

Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Get out !
Hook up a caravan and travel right around Australia.
It will soon be apparent to you that most of the country has not embraced RL.
Australia ( most of ) has rejected Rugby League !
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap