How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by Quolls2019 »

Tables are not working all that well, but I will try to figure a way around it
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: How does it feel knowing Australians embraced Rugby League yet English rejected AFL?

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16 pm
Oh dear . Same insane rant on an endless loop
Two different games
Have been for over a century .
You need help
Both rugby’s
Same size field, score line and goal posts
Can’t pass forward and throw side ways
As pointless as it is league even has a scrum like Union they are as close as two sporting codes can get

One is popular world wide & other is remotely popular where union is
League was invented in England ripping off a gamenunion a far more popular game in Europe

Afl was developed in in a small country and onlynwith the advancement of technology in the internet and a few exhibition games had a chance to display it self to the world!

Something like this would be far beyond the capacity for you to understand
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol the loop continues
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

Another topic with AngloFL inwards talking about crowd numbers
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:05 am
Lol the loop continues
fuck your stupid
yep there are just so many similar regularities between the two rugby its just a coincidence that any person can see
except a brain dead league fan who claims they are completely two different games
union and grition are completely different
union and afl are completely different
union and league are next to being the same game :)))
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol ..you call me stupid ?
It's you're stupid ..not your stupid .
Self ownage again .

No idea at all about anything especially Rl & RU.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

In answer to the thread question. Doesn’t bother me.
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Found this whilst on the search for something else thanks to the Australian Football site.

More for interest than debate.

During a visit to Australia in 1920, famed writer Arthur Conan Doyle and his wife attended the 1920 VFL Grand final and liked what they saw, as the Register reported.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the famous author and lecturer, was much impressed with the league football match which he witnessed on Saturday [Richmond vs. Collingwood, VFL Grand Final] and he has the highest opinion of the merits of the Australian game (wrote The Melbourne Herald on Monday).

“I know something about football”, he said, “for I played Rugby for the Edinburgh University and soccer with the Hampshire team. I have also seen the best American football. I consider the Australian game is magnificent, and from the spectacular point of view it is probably the best of them all.”

ConanDoyle
“I quite agree”, interpolated Lady Doyle, who is also keenly interested in sport. “The man-handling element in the British game, when the play is fast and the scrums break up, make it an extraordinarily fine game”, Sir Arthur continued,

“but in the Australian game there is such constant movement that it stands by itself. They have developed several points which are quite new to me. One of them is accurate passing by low drop kicking. I think that could be introduced into the English game with very great advantage, for it seems to be faster than any pass by hand. Another point that struck me was the extraordinary accuracy of the screw kicking—that is to say when a man running past the goal kicks a goal at right angles to his own line. I have never seen anything to touch the accuracy of both the punting and drop kicking”.

Keeping the game clean

“I think the free kick system is fine”, said Lady Doyle. “It keeps the game clean”. “You are quite right”, agreed her husband. “A strict enforcement of the rule is a good thing. The men's condition was wonderful, for I should think that it is the most gruelling of any game I have seen, and yet the players appeared to be as fresh in the last quarter as they were in the first, and they were playing with just as much vigour. If the Australian cricket is as good as the Australian football, then our fellows will have a tough task before them.

“I was delighted to meet Mr H. C. A. Harrison, who, I believe, is the father of the Australian game”, Sir Arthur concluded, “and I thought it was very sporting of him, as the fastest runner of his day, to introduce the bouncing rule, which robbed him of his advantage. All the same, I should imagine that if there is to be any change in the Australian game it will be in the direction of the elimination of bouncing the ball in order that the fastest man shall get the benefit of his speed. As a stranger I dare not suggest an innovation, but that is how it struck me”.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol

Just lol

🤣
Xman wrote
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

I was expecting a retort of something like “and that’s why he wrote science fiction”
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:29 pm
Lol ..you call me stupid ?
It's you're stupid ..not your stupid .
Self ownage again .

No idea at all about anything especially Rl & RU.
One is called rugby union and other rugby league
Aside from a few rule changers and sporting identities they are next to the same game 🚽 as much as you try and deny!

Btw
Wtf is the point of a scrum in league! The winner has been ore chosen!
League is pretty much rugby for simpletons
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Wookie
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Best known for the fictional Sherlock Holmes detective series and The Professor Chalenger science fiction novels and short stories.
The Lost World has been adapted for film and TV many times.

Although there were some elements of science fiction in the Sherlock Holmes series they were mainly straight fiction, unless you consider his powers of reasoning a super power that may have been enhanced by chemical substance abuse.

A great part of his work was science fiction, some incorporating adventure, others horror or the supernatural
See below.

Literally works that are considered to be fully or party SF

Posthumous collections are highly selected.
Mysteries and Adventures (London: Walter Scott, 1889) [coll: in the publisher's The Novocastrian Series sequence: hb/nonpictorial]
The Gully of Bluemansdyke, and Other Stories (London: Walter Scott, 1892) [coll: vt of the above: pb/]
My Friend the Murderer; And Other Mysteries and Adventures (New York: Lovell, Coryell and Company, 1893) [coll: exp vt of the above: in the publisher's The Belmore Series sequence: hb/]
Mysteries and Adventures (Leipzig, Germany: Heinemann and Balestier Limited, 1893) [coll: vt of the above: same contents resorted: in the publisher's The English Library series: hb/]
The Captain of the "Polestar" and Other Tales (London: Longmans Green and Company, 1890) [coll: contents differ from the 2004 The Captain of the "Polestar": Weird and Imaginative Fiction below: hb/]
The Great Keinplatz Experiment and Other Stories (Chicago, Illinois: Rand, McNally and Company, 1894) [coll: vt of the above: hb/uncredited]
The Captain of the "Polestar" (New York: F Tennyson Neely, 1899) [story: cut version of the above: containing title novella only: in the publisher's Neely's Booklet Library series: hb/uncredited]
Round the Red Lamp: Being Facts and Fancies of Medical Life (London: Methuen and Co, 1894) [coll: hb/]
Round the Fire Stories (London: Smith, Elder and Co, 1908) [coll: hb/A Forestier]
The Last Galley: Impressions and Tales (London: Smith, Elder and Co, 1911) [coll: illus/Harry Rountree and N C Wyeth: hb/N C Wyeth]
Danger!, and Other Stories (London: John Murray, 1918) [coll: hb/]
Tales of the Ring and the Camp: The Croxley Master and Other Tales of the Ring and Camp (London: John Murray, 1922) [coll: hb/]
The Croxley Master and Other Tales of the Ring and Camp (New York: George H Doran, 1925) [coll: vt of the above: hb/]
Tales of Terror and Mystery: The Black Doctor and Other Tales of Terror and Mystery (London: John Murray, 1922) [coll: hb/]
The Black Doctor and Other Stories of Terror and Mystery (New York: George H Doran, 1925) [coll: vt of the above: hb/]
Tales of Twilight and the Unseen: The Great Keinplatz Experiment and Other Tales of Twilight and the Unseen (London: John Murray, 1922) [coll: hb/]
The Great Keinplatz Experiment, and Other Tales of Twilight and the Unseen (New York: George H Doran, 1925) [coll: vt of the above: hb/]
Tales of Long Ago: The Last of the Legions and Other Tales of Long Ago (London: John Murray, 1922) [coll: hb/]
The Last of the Legions and Other Tales of Long Ago (New York: George H Doran, 1925) [coll: exp vt of the above: hb/]
The Conan Doyle Stories (London: John Murray, 1929) [coll: hb/] [coll: hb/]
The Ring of Thoth and Other Stories (London: John Murray, 1968) [coll: hb/]
When the World Screamed and Other Stories (London: John Murray, 1968) [coll: hb/]
The Best Supernatural Tales of Arthur Conan Doyle (New York: Dover Publications, 1979) [coll: edited with an introduction by E F Bleiler: pb/Lida Moser]
The Best Science Fiction of Arthur Conan Doyle (Carbonsdale, Illinois: Southern Illinois University Press, 1981) [coll: edited by Charles G Waugh and Martin H Greenberg: hb/]
Uncollected Stories: The Unknown Conan Doyle (London: Secker and Warburg, 1982) [coll: edited by John Michael Gibson and Roger Lancelyn Green: hb/Craig Dodd]
The Supernatural Tales of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (London: W Foulsham, 1987) [coll: edited by Peter Haining: hb/]
The Best Horror Stories of Arthur Conan Doyle (Chicago, Illinois: Academy: Chicago Publishers, 1989) [coll: edited by Frank D McSherry Jr, Martin H Greenberg and Charles G Waugh: hb/Wang-Fai Wong]
The Captain of the "Polestar": Weird and Imaginative Fiction (Ashford, British Columbia: Ash-Tree Press, 2004) edited by Christopher Roden and Barbara Roden [coll: contents differ from the The Captain of the Polestar above: hb/Paul Lowe]
The Secret of Goresthorpe Grange (London: Jurassic London, 2012) [novelette: chap: first appeared December 1883 London Society: in the publisher's Jurassic London Novelette Series: pb/Vincent Sammy]
Gothic Tales (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016) [coll: edited by Darryl Jones: hb/iStockphoto.com]
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Knowledge is the key ingredient in awareness. If you have it, teach it, if you lack it, seek it, if you see it, absorb it, if you find it, share it.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:51 pm
Rugby League developed in England, and Australian Rules developed in isolation, a long long way from the motherland, there is no surprise that League is more popular than Australian Rules there.
There were a couple of very influential personalities involved in establishing Union and its later baby in NSW, but it was a line ball in the early days

The average attendance figures for the three top world rugby league organisations do not demonstrate that rugby league is a dominant sport in the two countries where it has been argued to be, well, very popular.

If you delete the average figures of the expansion clubs, which are not located in traditional areas, rugby league does not appear to be all that popular in the areas long considered to be strongholds. It is true that England has not embraced Australian rules but they don’t really seem to have embraced League either.

Soccer is by far the dominant sport in England and pretty much the rest of Europe.

League Year Teams Games Total Average
National Rugby League 2017 16 201 3,018,795 15,246
Super League. 2017 12 202 1,182,437 8,568
Championship 2015 12 138 284,132 2,046
Newcastle 2018 227,682 18,974
Brisbane 2018 374,802 31,234
Melbourne 2018 207,515 17,293
Catalan 2018 11 91,891 8,353
Toulouse 2018 11 24,890. 2,263
Toronto 2017 10 53,230 5,323
Isolation is just a bullshit excuse you AFL guys always use as to why no other country likes AFL.

PNG and New Zealand are just next door. Yet they couldn't give to shits about AFL either.
AFL cancelled exhibition games in New Zealand because they were doing so poorly.

Yet both these countries embraced Rugby League and have teams.
PNG Hunters
New Zealand Warriors

New Zealand Kiwis were number one in the world at Rugby League not too long ago.

The fact is AFL is not an internationally marketable sport. Never has been and never will be. Is just not a common sense game.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

notaleaguefan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16 pm
Oh dear . Same insane rant on an endless loop
Two different games
Have been for over a century .
You need help
Both rugby’s
Same size field, score line and goal posts
Can’t pass forward and throw side ways
As pointless as it is league even has a scrum like Union they are as close as two sporting codes can get

One is popular world wide & other is remotely popular where union is
League was invented in England ripping off a gamenunion a far more popular game in Europe

Afl was developed in in a small country and onlynwith the advancement of technology in the internet and a few exhibition games had a chance to display it self to the world!

Something like this would be far beyond the capacity for you to understand
Displaying itself to the world and everyone is still rejecting it even with the internet. :lol:

Still no AFL professional club outside Australia :(/

Still embarrassments and no interest with China exhibition matches. :lol: :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com