Ausplay Survey Results 2019 - no League/Union in top 20

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Ausplay Survey Results 2019 - no League/Union in top 20

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:22 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 am
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:46 pm
yeah. thats not how this works, even though you league clowns like to unilaterally declare things done
You said its a govt survey. I’m telling you a lot that govt do can be quite pathetic and invalid. From the ivory tower and such and such. So if you know how this works why not try and validate it for us? Tell us why what you posted is worthy dear wookie, our admin. Backup what you’ve posted, if you believe in it this wont be difficult at all.

:cheers:
its a relevant news post for discussion. Just because you think its not, doesnt change that.
That’s fair enough. I guess you just have a posting style where you’re happy to post something for open discussion without sharing your own thoughts on its relevance.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think the Federation of International Touch consider themselves to be a sport in their own right. Just as League derived from Union for instance. They do state that they seek partnerships in relevant countries to build the brand whether this be with Union or League, however they, themselves consider themselves to be a sport unto of them selves.

What is Touch?
Touch, also known as Touch Football or Touch Rugby around the world, is a thrilling sport that allows people of all walks of life to achieve their goals; whether that is the thrill of challenging oneself to compete at their best, the thrill of a fast, skilful and exhilarating sport, the thrill of meeting new people or the thrill of being a part of something that can span a lifetime.

It is one of the rare collective sports that girls, boys, women and men enjoy together and against each other, with our Mixed competitions making Touch very popular for every age category.

Touch, is derived from Rugby league which used a form of Touch for training purposes. After passing through a development period during the 1960’s, the game became popular during the 70’s and by early in the next decade, was established in all states and territories in Australia as a sport in its own right.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:57 pm
I think the Federation of International Touch consider themselves to be a sport in their own right. Just as League derived from Union for instance. They do state that they seek partnerships in relevant countries to build the brand whether this be with Union or League, however they, themselves consider themselves to be a sport unto of them selves.

What is Touch?
Touch, also known as Touch Football or Touch Rugby around the world, is a thrilling sport that allows people of all walks of life to achieve their goals; whether that is the thrill of challenging oneself to compete at their best, the thrill of a fast, skilful and exhilarating sport, the thrill of meeting new people or the thrill of being a part of something that can span a lifetime.

It is one of the rare collective sports that girls, boys, women and men enjoy together and against each other, with our Mixed competitions making Touch very popular for every age category.

Touch, is derived from Rugby league which used a form of Touch for training purposes. After passing through a development period during the 1960’s, the game became popular during the 70’s and by early in the next decade, was established in all states and territories in Australia as a sport in its own right.

Here you all go re: touch being its own sport
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:33 pm
Fred wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:57 pm

What is Touch?

Here you all go re: touch being its own sport
its only owned by the nrl as they took control of it to boost on paper their participation numbers
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don't think it is owned by the NRL I believe there is a partnership between the two governing bodies and as I read on their site - it is a marketing initiative by the IFT to grow their game - and it is encouraged within each country for the Touch body to partnership this way.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And if it is owned - still doesn't make it Rugby League. If the ARU "owned" Touch in this country it wouldn't make touch Rugby Union for instance. The sport would end up having multiple personalities - In NZ it could be Union. god forbid Touch partners with the EPL - would it be Soccer? You get my drift. Yes it is similar to Rugby Union and League, growing out of League, but as the articles I have put up state - his has evolutionalised into its own sport over the years - justas Rugby Union did with Soccer and Rugby League did with Rugby Union. And now as Touch has done with Rugby Leauge.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

it's been clearly shown that Touch Football has evolved and consider themselves to be a sport in their own right. All the rest is just trolling.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

it's been clearly shown that Touch Football has evolved and consider themselves to be a sport in their own right. All the rest is just trolling.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

It's clear that the game came from South Sydney RL club, about the only thing they have ever done right.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes very clear it came from there... although as articles have stated there is some debate around how the game had been around a lot longer informally.

However it is also clear that it has evolved into its own sport in its own right. Just as Rugby Union came from soccer (although I would argue soccer and union arrived over a dispute around rules and a split rather than one from the other). League came from Union ... again around rules and societal issues... and touch has cone from League ... with the last 50 years seeing the rules change and for it to evolve into its own sport.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

It has always been involved in RL, no person who can tell the truth would suggest otherwise. The game hit the mainstream when it was played during the half time break at a Parra v St George GF in 1977.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Indeed. Most scholars on the topic agree. It has done well to evolve to where it is and to have a world wide footprint and to have become a sport on its own right as highlighted by several articles posted.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

It is and always has been Touch RL. Can you tell the truth for once?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Truth & most fumblers are a long way apart .
Nrl touch .
That's what it's called
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Like a wayward child it is back home with the NRL .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o